My Review of Nobody's Quest:
Nobody's Quest by Alyssa Day is full of spice, adventure, unique & complex characters and a storyline that takes the reader on a journey that will keep them glued to the pages till the very end. I picked this book up on a whim and I am so glad I did because OMG! it's amazing, at time humorous, filled with characters that are complex and uniquely their own person and a setting that captivated me right from the beginning. This is the first foray into romantasy for this author and she does an amazing job with Nobody's Quest. Her characters are all uniquely alluring in their own way. Soli is what's called a Gray Mind in her world and one that is not welcome or even tolerated. Prince Kaeleen is a prince without a country and add uin a few more characters to Soli's quest and you get a wildly intriguing group of main characters that keep the reader glued tot he story. I loved every minute of this book tot he point where I stayed up to the wee hours just to see how this first book in the Nobody Chronicles ends.
Nobody's Quest is action packed right from the start. I found Ms. Day's storytelling fun and at times heartfelt, especially as she has Soli explain what Gray Mind is to her fellow travelers, making them aware of what may happen when that happens to her. Drawing on personal experience of Depression, she delivers a complex, slightly broken character in Soli that eventually finds her strength along the way to be more than what others have labeled her as being. This is what makes Nobody's Quest more than a traditional romantasy epic story to something more real in my opinion.
Nobody's Quest is a delight to read and yes, there are some spicy scenes between Soli and her love interest, Prince Kaeleen, that will make you blush but you can't help but root for her and everyone around her. So run, don't walk to grab this book as Alyssa Day is a powerhouse in creating complex characters with hearts of gold and story that will resonate with you. Now I hope I don't have to wait long for book 2.
This is an objective review and not an endorsement

No comments:
Post a Comment