Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Book Review: There is a Door in this Darkness by Kristin Cashore

 


There is a Door in this Darkness by Kristin Cashore
Young Adult Contemporary Magic-Tinged Fiction
Publisher: Penguin Teen
Release Date: June 11th, 2024
Available at Amazon

My Rating for There is Door in this Darkness: 3 Stars

My Review:

          There is a door in this darkness is an interesting story that while had interesting characters and premise, didn't capture my attention fully in spots. The story flow was jarring at times and I had a hard time getting back into the story when that happened. The characters were interesting yet felt one dimensional periodically. The book premise was interesting but the author, in my opinion, failed to deliver on it in a fully well rounded way that would capture my imagination and engage my mind entirely. 


It was a dark story that felt depressing at times especially as the world we live in gets more chaotic as the days go on. With everything in the world being that chaotic, I felt this wasn't quite an uplifting story I wanted it to be. For a reader like me, dark and at times depressing books, don't resonate with me as well as lighter fare does. There is a Door in this Darkness was one that felt at times jarring and depressing. It could be the mood I was in while trying to read this one or just what I was experiencing in my day to day life that kept me from fully immersing myself in this book. 

        

No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: A Curvy Girl's Haven

This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions . The author will be awarding a $10 Amazon/BN GC to a randoml...