Thursday, June 9, 2022

Release week Review: Tattered Thorns by Yasmine Galenorn

 


When I heard one of my favorite authors, Yasmne Galenorn, was doing a spin-off of her Wild Hunt series with new characters and adventures, I was thrilled. The Wild Hunt series was an amazing series and I highly recommend it. This is the second spin-off series of that original (first was the Hedge Dragon series) and Tattered Thorns just about blew me away. Get ready to meet Lyrical and the secrets she hides as well as the newly formed Wild Hunt Agency.

My rating for Tattered Thorns: 5 Stars and a Recommended Read

Find all about the Night Queen series as well as more on the Wild Hunt series HERE

My Review for Tattered Thorns:

Lyrical is a Leannan Sidhe and a royal princess to boot when she was kidnapped and taken from her family by the King of the Kelpies for two long years. When her mother begged Morgana, goddess of Sea and the Fae to help me but when they got her back, they rejected her causing the wrath of the Goddess Morgana. What happens when a princess with no kingdom is thrust into a world where she has no idea how to survive? Get ready for a wild adventure as Lyrical is drawn into the newly formed Wild Hunt agency and finds purpose and new friends to help her acclimate to the human world. As danger mounts, the world finds itself on tenterhooks as the dragons find their last defense is stripped from them. Now the games begin and as Lyrical finds herself again, get ready for all hell is about to get loose.

 

On my, TATTERED THORNS is one wild ride from start to finish. With an amazing cast of new and old characters to fall in love with, twists abound in a fast-paced storyline that had me on the edge of my seat till the very end. Ms. Galenorn is master at weaving a complex cast of characters, all with their own personalities and quirks within a story as well as creating a lush and complex background that draws the reader in. With this new addition of Lyrical, a Leannan Sidhe princess kidnapped, rescued then rejected by her family, we find a new character that will stir your compassion and root for her to succeed.

 

Meet Lyrical, a Leannan Sidhe princess, who had no idea what was going on  in the outside human world when she was kidnapped by the Kelpie King and held hostage for two long years. Rescued by the goddess Morgana and rejected by her family, Morgana put her under her wing and helped her have purpose again with the newly formed Wild Hunt Agency. Now with new friends and trying to come to gripes with her captivity, she has to draw on that inner strength and find herself once again. I really enjoyed meeting and getting to know Lyrical in TATTERED THORNS. The author does an amazing job in capturing her strength, her defeat and more while going through the storyline. I was really rooting for her to succeed and let these wonderful new people into her life. I can say what little of her captivity that was mentioned was a little uncomfortable to read about, but it gives the reader a sense of how Lyrical succeeded in surviving her trials and more. This author has an innate way of finding her characters most vulnerabilities and secrets and letting the reader in by bits and pieces over the course o the story. We get an update on some returning characters from the original Wild Hunt books which had me giggling and happy plus a few twists left me on the edge of my seat as Lyrical and the gang discovered their first job together is more dangerous than ever. These characters are complex, unique in personalities and quirks and I, for one, loved every minute of it.

 

TATTERED THORNS delivers a wild ride right off the bat ad this is an author who is a master at story pacing, keeping a few twists as surprises and creating characters that just fly off the pages and into your life. If you enjoy a high-octane adventure filled with unique and complex characters that you can not help but fall in love with, then I highly recommend TATTERED THORNS and the best part is you don’t have to read the original Wild Hunt series either though I also recommend that series to get the whole story of how some of the familiar characters came together. I know I am not the only one when I say I need more in this series and can not wait for book two.

 

This is an objective review and not an endorsement

 


No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...