Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Book Review- I See You by Mary Burton

An FBI agent joins forces with her on/off lover, a homicide detective to help solve a cold case that has a killer determined to not get caught.

My Rating for I SEE You: 4 Stars

Find I See You at Amazon


FBI Special Agent Zoe Spencer has a gift of revealing who the people are behind the skeletal remains through sculpture. The process is scientific but also intimate and sensitive to the degree that Zoe always gets attached to the people she is identifies and tries to get justice for. When she gets some remains that go back to a decade old cold case, she finds herself into a case that has more victims than they imagined. As Zoe travels to the victim’s hometown and finds herself enmeshed in a case that will bring danger to her door. Time’s running out and it’s up to Zoe and her on/off lover, homicide detective William Vaughn to bring the killer to justice…if they can stay alive to do that.

Wow is all I can say about the latest thriller from Mary Burton. Filled with twists and turns you don’t see coming, the author does an amazing job in capturing the reader’s attention right off the bat. I SEE YOU is an action-packed thrill ride from start to finish and I was glued to the pages along side William and Zoe as they raced against the clock for a killer determined to keep them from catching them. The action started right off the bat and I loved how the author kept the reader in the dark about the case as Zoe and William got deeper into it, making those twists that showed up all more intriguing and surprising. The author does a great job in capturing the suspense of the case and the characters at center of said cold case kept me guessing till the very end.

I SEE YOU is one that is multilayered and will keep the reader glued to the edge of their seats till the very twisty end. I loved how the author kept me in the dark on who the killer was and why. I found it to be quite a surprise and one I sure did not see coming. The characters were intriguing, multilayered and complex. I liked knowing more about Zoe’s job in the FBI and found it fascinating to see how the process comes about. The author does a great job in keeping the reader guessing and I, for one, can’t wait to see where the author goes next in the series. The cold case is interesting and intriguing as all the players made themselves known and kept me flipping the pages to see what would happen next.

If you enjoy a complex thriller with intriguing characters, then grab this author’s newest book, I SEE YOU, second in the Criminal Profiler series. Each book is a standalone, so you don’t really have to read book one, Hide and Seek, to get the sense of the series at all.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement

Criminal Profilier series:

Book 1: Hide and Seek

Book 2: I See You

No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...