Monday, April 25, 2016

Guest Author Day with Faye Hall

Please give a warm welcome to author Faye Hall today as we chat about their newest release, Shrouded Passions.

Can you tell us a little about yourself? I’m a wife, mother, stepmother and published author of 5 steamy historical romances set in Australia. 

What do you do when you’re not writing? Running after my kids usually and trying for some much needed time with my wonderful husband.

Are any of your characters like you? There’s a little of me in all my female characters.

What genres do you write in? I write steamy historical romances with a hint of mystery, murder and suspense. 

If you could sit down with any author dead or alive who would it be? Harper Lee

Do you keep a notebook near your for when new ideas pop into your head? Yes I do

For readers who haven't tried your books yet, how do you think your editor or loyal readers would describe your books? I’ve been told they are very hard to put down.  One reader in particular says once she picks up one of my books she finds it hard to eat, sleep or work until she’s finished.

What do readers have to look forward to in the future from you? Wow, a few things.  I have another book Amorous Redemption due out next year with Red Sage Publishing that is loosely based on my great grandparents. I’m currently finishing Deceit & Devotion which is about a station owner who has an affair with an Aboriginal man who works on her cattle station.  I’ve also started the first of a seven book series that is yet to be named. 

Do you prefer to extensively plot your stories, or do you write them as they come to you?  I start off with a rough plot idea but rarely does the final draft follow it.
  
What advantages or challenges does a writer in your genre face in today’s fiction market? Biggest challenge is trying to stand out in such a flooded market.



Shrouded Passions by Faye Hall 

Genre(s): Historical Romance

Murder, lies, deception, and love set in the outback under the Australian sun.

A past of stolen gold, lies, and murder joined their families together. It was a past that Devon Munroy and Lotte Higgins knew nothing about. All they knew was the passion they felt for each other. When Lotte is shot and dies in Devon’s arms, his world is destroyed.

Four years later Devon has married the person his father handpicked for him, but he’s still grieving for the woman he lost. He’s a mere shell of the man he once was, his life having become a drunken haze without meaning. Then he meets a woman who reminds him so much of his lost love it makes his heart ache.

Lotte has been in hiding for years, but when more bodies began turning up around town, all brutally murdered, she knows it’s time to bring down the person who tried to kill her. And Lotte knows who is was—the woman Devon is now married to. Changing her looks in order to keep her true identity hidden, Lotte takes a job in their home, hoping to find some proof of the woman’s crimes. But can she resist Devon when she’s so close to him? And when the truth comes out will Devon be able to forgive her deception? 

Content Warning: contains sex, strong language, and some violence

Excerpt:

He walked up behind her, his arms going around her waist and down to the apex of her thighs, his fingers gathering up her skirts searching for the bare flesh beneath.
She struggled against him, finally pulling away freeing herself.
His stare was dark and confused.  “Is my touch no longer welcomed?”
“I am not some whore for you to play with at your will!” she spat at him, her anger obvious.
Slowly he stepped towards her, again closing the distance between them.  “Are you so sure of that, my dear?”
“You bastard!” she cursed at him.  “You would fuck near on anything if you were given half the chance!”
Reaching out to her, he again pulled her to him, her rear pressing into his already strained mound in his trousers.
“I would fuck you…here…now…but it appears my attentions are no longer welcomed.” He whispered near her ear, his breath hot against her face, his hands holding her hips as he ground himself into her suggestively.
Pushing against him, she struggled to again free herself.  He grabbed at her arm, holding her wrist, stopping her escape. 
“You son of a bitch!” she spat at him, holding her tears at bay.  “You have fucked your way through your serving staff until there is none left.  You would even fuck that woman…that thing…you share your bed with…the thing you call…”
“My wife.” He finished for her.
He stood there for what seemed hours holding her, studying her.  Finally he let her wrist drop from his hand.
“You should get back to work,” he said steadily, knowing he was not ready for this moment.
She stood there, a single tear falling from her eye.  “You should go back and crawl between your wife’s thighs.”
Stepping towards her, his hands went to her face cupping it, his fingers lacing in her hair, his lips hungrily taking hers.  Walking her backwards, he laid her on the bed behind her, one hand leaving her face to gather up her skirts.  Despite having returned his kiss, she fought against him as he gathered up her skirts.
“Get off me!” she shouted at him, her hands trying to push him away as her feet kicked at him.
Struggling against her, he finally grabbed both of her wrists in his hands, holding them above her head.  Looking down at her, her cheeks flushed, her breasts moving with her ragged breathing – never had he seen her look more beautiful.  And never had a wanted her more.
“If I wanted little more than a quick fuck I would go to the tavern and pay for it.”
“Why not go to your wife?” she asked, her fight calming.
“My wife was a contract, nothing more.  Our parents thought we’d make a profitable match.”
“Yet you will still sleep with her.” she spat at him.
He couldn’t stop his slight smile at her words.  “Until I met you…until you came here…the only woman my body burned for was a girl from my youth…a girl so uninhibited and unconvential…you are so much like her…yet you are so much more as well.”
His words trailed off.
“What happened to her?”
His smile began to fade as reality returned to him.  “I killed her.  There was a struggle…my gun went off…and she died in my arms.”
“If you loved her so much…desired her so much…why did you marry Elizabeth?  Why come to me?”
He let go of her wrists, his hands moving over the swell of her breasts.  His fingers began unbuttoning her blouse.
“Since you have come into my life, I desire no other woman.  You are everything I have ever wanted and more…”
“Your wife…” she reminded him.
“You are the only woman to have touched me since I shot that girl.”  Unbuttoning her blouse, he let the fabric all away from her, revealing the light shift covering her, still hiding her breast from him.
“I have not lain with my wife…ever.”
She tried to stay strong.  “When you can fuck your way through your servants, I suppose why would you?”
His fingers circled her nipples, hardening them, making her reveal her want for him.  “If I wanted to ‘fuck’ you, I would have when I first walked in this room.  I would have bent you over that table you were cleaning until I spilled myself inside you.”
She bit her lip.  “Why didn’t you?”
His fingers stilled, his gaze holding hers.  “I want to give you pleasure.  I want to see your passion.”  He held his breath.  “I want to give you what was taken from me all those years ago.”
“I-If your wife comes in here…if she sees us…” she tried.
He kissed her softly.  “I do not care who sees us.”
“I am not this girl from your past, Devon,” she tried to remind him.
Gathering up her skirts, he revealed her naked thighs to him.  “I know who you are, Lotte…and what.”
He kissed her then, silencing her, his fingers caressing her thigh.

Buy links

Meet the Author




 Faye Hall's passion driven, mystery filled books are set in small townships of North Queensland, Australia during the late 1800's.

Each of her novels bring something symbolically Australian to her readers, from Aboriginal herbal remedies, to certain gemstones naturally only found in this part of the world.

Each of her books tell of a passionate connection between the hero and heroine, surrounded and threatened by deceit, scandal, theft and sometimes even murder.

These romances swerve from the traditional romances as Faye aims to give her readers so much more intrigue, whilst also revealing the hidden histories of rural townships of
North Queensland.

Faye finds her inspiration from the histories of not only the township she grew up in, but the many surrounding it. She also bases most of her characters on people she has met in her life.


Faye was able to live her own passion driven romance, marrying the love of her life after a whirlwind romance in 2013. Together they are raising their 9 children in a remote country town in northern
Queensland, Australia.




No comments:

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...