Sunday, September 8, 2013

Getting to know Ali Atwood today

Welcome to my Reading Nook, Ali Atwood. Please make yourself at home and let my cabana boys/girls get you a drink.

Comfortable? Wonderful. Now let’s get started.

To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out?

Hi Dawn, and thank you for the warm welcome. I’ve just submitted Three to Tango, which should be out for publication at Extasy Books in a couple of months. It’s an action packed sci-fi, shapeshifter and ménage a trois. My heroine, Remy Adara, has spent years training for a military career in space only to end up as a defendant in a criminal case relating to a pirate heist. Left to pick up the ruins of her life, the last person Remy expects to hear from is Jett Vega, the man she believes set her up to take the fall.

If we asked your muse to describe you using five words, what do you think they would say?

Solitary, Panser, Disorganized, Perceptive, Tenacious.

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

Well, I once worked as a lumberjack, for ten minutes anyway, LOL. The Lumberjack Show was a shore excursion during an Alaskan cruise, and my group was chosen to be part of the show. Let me tell you those lumberjacks are amazing, and built. Phew!

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Well, I’m a transplanted Brit living in Florida, so ideally, I would like to have homes in both countries.

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

That would have be Huntress for Hire. It was great fun to write, and it’s the book that’s closest to my heart. If anyone would like a taste, the first chapter is a free read on my blog: http://aliatwood.blogspot.com/p/free-read.html

Where do you find the inspirations for your stories?

Since I draw inspiration from water, and I live in Florida, most of my tales are formulated at the beach. I always have the bones of a story in my head, but I don’t write a detailed synopsis. It doesn’t work for me. I prefer to construct as I go along, trusting my inner vision to show me scenes and images. The same goes for my characters. They talk. I listen

Are your characters able to love or do they need to be taught?

Hmm, sometimes my heroines might struggle with insecurities, but they are always able to love. In contrast, the men need the right woman to thaw their bad-boy hearts.

Do you have a book that was easiest to write or one that was the hardest?

Well, as fun as Huntress for Hire was to write, it was also a testing experience. I stepped into a new area with time travel, and ended up throwing the kitchen sink at the genres. Hopefully, the cross-categories will have a little to please everyone.

 If you could collaborate with one author who would it be? 

Goodness, there are so many. I wouldn’t dare choose. Still, I would love to have met the late, great Georgette Heyer. I was sixteen when I discovered one of her books in the library. It was my first romance novel, and I was spellbound, but too young to fully appreciate Heyer’s genius. I would love to pick her brain.

Coffee, tea or other drink to get you moving in the morning? 

As a Brit is has to be tea. My addiction powers my writing.

What is coming up from you in 2013? Anything you want to tease us with?

I always have a couple of projects brewing. Perhaps I’ll try something completely different. I’ll go the beach and see what happens, LOL.

Anything else you want to add? 




Huntress for Hire by Ali Atwood
Futuristic
Extasy Books
Available at Publisher

What’s better than a gorgeous time traveling supercop? Two of them

Private Investigator, Kat Monroe, is a woman to be reckoned with, an inborn huntress with predatory speed and lightning fast reflexes. Now a sadistic killer has her in his sights. Aiming to take her forward in time, where she’ll be forced to fight in a gladiatorial arena.

Enter Max and Brett Jericho, time traveling supercops on assignment to bring the killer to justice. Even as her world becomes deadlier, Kat is blown away by the men from the future. When they all end up in bed together, things really start to get interesting.

Determined to beat the killer at his own game, Kat opts to travel to the future and set herself up as bait. With her supercops watching her back, what could possible go wrong?

Excerpt

For a man with Jericho’s charisma, Kat figured that flirting must be as meaningless as brushing his teeth. In the remote possibility that he was genuinely attracted to her, Kat reminded herself there was no room in her life for another reckless affair that was doomed to end badly for her. “I’m flattered, but if you’re talking on a personal level—”
            “I am.”
            She held his gaze. “In that case, I’ll remind us both that investigative work is complicated enough without jumbling it up with intimate relationships.”
       “A shame, let me at least give you a ride home, since I promised your friend I would.”
       Kat shook her head. Being alone in a car with him was way too much temptation. “Lora worries excessively. I’ll be fine.” Realizing the music had stopped and she was still in his arms, she started to step back.
       He held on to her arms. “Don’t you want to find out before you go?”
       She narrowed her gaze. “What?”
       His white teeth flashed in the dim light. “Whether or not I’m a good kisser.”
       Since he must be aware that every woman he met wanted to lock lips with him, Kat wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of knowing she was no different. “No thanks. And if you’re serious about catching your criminal, why are you’re muddying the waters with sex? We both know I’m not your type?”
       “You’re not,” he said with unnerving honesty. “That’s what makes it so intriguing.”
       He was unsettling her in every possible way. Clever misdirection, Kat thought, using his appeal to jangle her senses. She had to think he was definitely deceiving her. Unfortunately, her body didn’t seem to care, it stood like a statue with her blood pumping hard and heavy while Jericho drew the pad of a thumb lightly down her cheek.
       “I must say, Miz Monroe, I have been wondering about your kissing abilities.”
       Step away now, common sense advised, excuse yourself from the case and end it. If josh Harper played havoc with your emotions, imagine what this man could do.
       Her vixen whispered, Ah, but some chances come but once in a lifetime, if you’re lucky.
       Kat didn’t move because she didn’t want to make a decision. She let herself be pulled closer until they were body to body. His was warm and virile beneath his soft, cotton shirt. Because most men weren’t brawny enough for Kat, being embraced by a tremendous body filled with the power of a full-blooded male in his prime was glorious. She watched his mouth descending while her heart pounded in heavy beats. His warm breath gusted against her skin, his lips brushing over hers with a trace of moisture from his tongue…



No comments:

New Release Spotlight: Kelli A. Wilkins' A Thousand Summer Secrets

  Hi everyone! I’m pleased to announce the release of my fourth gay romance, A Thousand Summer Secrets . This tender contemporary romanc...