Friday, October 26, 2012

Welcome Rhonda Laurel today



Welcome to my Reading Nook,Rhonda Laurel. Please make yourself at home and let my cabana boys/girls get you a drink.

Comfortable? Wonderful. Now let’s get started.

What is your writing process? Do you outline, fly by the seat of your pants or a combination of both?  
            For years I tried the seat of your pants method and it worked but it took a while.  The last novella I wrote I created an outline and I was able to more a bit quicker without losing momentum.  Going forward I will do a combination of both methods.

What did you do before you were a writer? Do you write full time?  
            I worked various jobs before deciding to write on a regular basis.  I currently write full time.

If you were going to cast the hero(s) of your book, what actor would get the part?  
            If were casting the hero for my novella Ebb Tide, I would definitely cast Shemar Moore in the role.

I know you're not supposed to show favoritism but who's been your favorite character to write?

            My favorite character so far to write has been Alejandro, who is featured in a novel I wrote and have submitted to a publisher.  He is a complicated man and he has several layers to his psyche.  And he’s absolutely gorgeous.  Lol.

Do you have a favorite TV show you can't miss?  
            NCIS! I love LeRoy Jethro Gibbs!

If you could date any character from any book, who would it be and why-no it doesn't have to be from your books? 
            I would date my character Alejandro.  He is featured in a WIP I am submitting for publication.  He is an alpha male type who knows what he wants.

Please share with us some juicy details about your latest release. 
            My latest release is a short story titled Masquerade in the Etopia Press anthology Halloween Heat VI.  My character Sydney finds herself in an interesting position at a mysterious Halloween costume party.

What was your inspiration behind this book?            
            This is my first venture into erotic romance.  I wanted to expand my mind and see what I could come up with.

What is in your To Read Pile that you are dying to start or upcoming release you can’t wait for?  
            I don’t have a specific book but I am looking for a good suspense author to read.

Do you listen to music while you write? If so what are your favorites Artists and or albums? 
            I love to create soundtracks for all my stories.  Sting inspires me when I am in a spiritual/philosophical mood. I also like to listen to jazz while writing.

If you could go any place in the world and to any time period, what place time would you choose to visit?           
            I would go back to the 80s.  It was a highly creative time in the music industry and I get a lot of my inspiration from artists who were really big during that time.

What is your favorite super power and why do you want it? 
            I would love to read minds.

If you could write a warning label for yourself as a person or an author, what would it say? 
            Caution:  Genre may change at any moment.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?  
            I love watching Family Guy and the ID channel.  Lol.

Teaser into  Masquerade/Halloween Heat Anthology VI

“Your greatest desires beckon…”


Excerpt

When Sydney Porter opened the elegant, gold-embossed invitation, she couldn’t believe her eyes. The Illuminatus Masquerade Ball held every year on Halloween was an exclusive event. So exclusive, that the attendees were not willing to discuss it afterward. She’d known a few friends who’d received invitations in the past and she’d waited with bated breath the next day for juicy details but was always told the same rehearsed statement. Hushed tales of decadent aphrodisiac foods, décor that could have been handpicked by Aphrodite herself, and elaborate costumes that were made from the finest fabrics was the only information she could get out of them. Nor would they divulge how they got the invitation.


Buy Links

Amazon:    


Barnes & Noble:


All Romance E-books:


BookStrand:

Author Pages

My blog:                                                http://www.rhondalaurel.com
Amazon Author Page:                         http://amazon.com/author/rhondalaurel




No comments:

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...