Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Meet the Susie White from ALPHA ME NOT! by Jianne Carlo


Please give a warm welcome to Susie White from Alpha Me Not by Jianne Carlo today as we sit down and see what makes her tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author? 
My motto is ALPHA ME NOT – just like that – IN ALL CAPS.

I grew up in a family dominated by Alpha wolves and decided from early on – no Alphas for me. I hated the way my sister seemed to bend over for her mate *ouch* wrong choice of words there. But, you know what I mean. Who wants a man who says he understands you better than you do yourself?

I’m a modern woman. I may be part of a White Wolf pack, but I’m no submissive and I’m positive I’d hate being under some man’s thumb. I think I protested too loudly in The Call of a Soul and that contrary author heard me.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate? 
*sigh* Joe’s this big, bad-ass mercenary and he’s an expert ballroom dancer. One night we danced under the stars and a full moon. He loves kissing. I mean it. He’ll kiss me for hours, literally. And then there’s the way he adores kids. He told me his neighbor’s kid crawled right into his heart. How can you not fall for a guy like that?

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner(s)? 
So far he’s the one doing the seducing. Lordy, we were in this restaurant having dinner, and he dared me to take off my panties. The damned man knows I can’t resist a dare. And then he dared me to *blush* - it’s a wonder I can still do that – pleasure myself – right there and then.


Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man? 
Comanndo – definitely. There’s nothing more tempting than knowing he’s naked under those jeans. And you get to cop a feel under a table or in a corner. Wicked fun!

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick he/she can play?
Nuzzle my ear. Gawd, what he does to my ears.

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed?

His nape. He’s got that wolf-soft spot right at his fuzzy hairline.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing thing your author did to you in Alpha Me Not?

*Covering face with hands*. Honestly, I’d like to meet Jianne in a dark parking lot.

She had me meet Joe for the first time when I was suntanning nude!

Do you know how many insecurities I had to shed just to try that?

And there he struts across my backyard – my seven foot fenced backyard - nude and wearing nothing but a mouthwatering, ginormous erection.

Q: Anything else you would like to add?

Yeah. I want Jianne to tame Joe’s best friend, Tate Gunn. He’s so irritatingly arrogant and know-it-all. And how in heck did a full shifter get to know so much about fashion?

Thank you Susie for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. Please find Alpha Me Not  by Jianne Carlo at Loose-Id.

Blurb:

Grad student Susie White wants no picket fences, no alpha, and no cubs. White wolf woman she may be, but no pack for her, no sireee. Alpha Me Not, that’s her motto. In all caps.

Mercenary and half-breed wolf Joe Huroq’s not looking for a mate. Stop and go screwing, that’s his motto. Hot and  heavy between missions. Then he glimpses his new neighbour tanning nude and the situation explodes.

Literally. Susie’s house is consumed by fire.

What’s Joe to do but offer Susie his hospitality?

Susie can’t resist the temptation of big, bad, mercenary, so she suggests a friends with benefits arrangement which he accepts with an amazing alacrity. The sex is frantic, hot, and frequent. Neither one can keep their hands off the other.

Then children go missing. The fire’s deemed arson. Bodies pile up.

Susie refuses to accept Joe’s mate claim.

How can he keep her safe when she won’t obey a single order?



Format: eBook  Price: $7.99
Buy Links:

Release Date: August 28, 2012
Genre: Paranormal Contemporary Suspense
Number of Pages: 283
Word Count: 83,430
Publisher: Loose-Id
Language: English
ISBN eBook: 978-1-61118-848-6
Cover Artist: Marci Gass

Alpha Me Not, paranormal contemporary suspense, PG13 excerpt:

“Someone going for a sprint?” A man stuck his head through the laundry room doorway. He limped into the kitchen. “Don’t think my leg’s up to a run. Maybe tomorrow. You must be Susie. I’m Tate.”
She squared her shoulders. This was Joe’s friend? The man could’ve sprung out of a fireman’s top ten calendar photo shoot. Talk about alpha. He oozed testosterone. All the wolves she knew had Native American heritage, dark hair, dark eyes. This man could have posed for Thor with his reddish-blond shoulder-length mane, piercing slate eyes, and cheekbones that would have an Olympic snowboarder drooling.
Her insides flip-flopped. “No way. No fricking way. Tell me he’s not a wolf too.”
“But I am.” Tate gave her no warning at all before he swept her off her feet and planted his mouth over hers. His tongue did nothing for her. No heat pooled in her belly. Her toes didn’t curl. And her mind didn’t fracture.
Too surprised to resist at first, she pushed at the steel of his pectorals and tried to tear her lips away. He opened his mouth wider, and his tongue did a little dance with hers. She bit down.
“Ow!” Tate dropped her like a hot potato, and she stumbled before grabbing the back of a chair for balance.
“Not nice.” Tate’s aggrieved-I’m-innocent expression made her chuckle.
Two seconds later Joe sideswiped Tate with a fist and followed the punch with an uppercut to the man’s stomach. “Touch her again and you’ll end up in the dump.”
Tate bent over at the waist, gasping. He swiped at the blood trickling from the side of his mouth, and gingerly straightened. “I had to do it. Worth it too, to see the rise I got. I’m Tate. Joe’s best friend. Full wolf. I can even shift. You up for it?”
“No.” Gray got right up in Tate’s face. “She’s my little sister. Stick your tongue down her throat once more, and I’ll make sure you never shift again.”
“But it’s okay for Joe to tongue her?” Tate’s lopsided grin and the way his metal-gray eyes gleamed made Susie uneasy. What was the blond Adonis up to?


4 comments:

Timitra said...

Susie has quite the mouth on her...looking forward to reading Alpha Me Not!

June M. said...

This sounds like a great, fun story to read. Definitely have to put ALPHA ME NOT on my TBR list :)
manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

Joanne said...

Congrats on the new release. This book sounds fantastic. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for the great excerpt.

e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

Jianne Carlo said...

Thanks everyone for dropping by. If you get a chance - leave a comment on my blog and get entered in my new contest. Timitra, I know you've done this since then.

Cheers,

Jianne

New Book Review: The Best Life Book Club by Sheila Roberts

  The Best Life Book Club Sheila Roberts Mira Books Release date: May 7th, 2024 Available at Amazon Add to Your Goodreads My Rating for The ...