Friday, April 6, 2012

Welcome Sara Daniel today


The Wiccan Haus: A Man Worth Fighting For
By Sara Daniel

The Wiccan Haus intrigued me from the moment I heard Musa Publishing was developing a magical world that was open to submissions. I saw the cover for the first book in the series, and I couldn’t look away from the intense, rugged hero. I bought my copy of Shifting Hearts by Dominique Eastwick as soon as it was available and read it that night. I fell in love with the quirky cast of characters that inhabited the island, and I knew I wanted to create a story in that world.

I’d never written paranormal before, and I’d never written for a shared world. I had reservations about both. They were immediately put to rest. Incorporating magic and paranormal elements gave me so much story depth that wouldn’t have been possible in a straight contemporary. The characters of the Wiccan Haus were a ready-made, fun, quirky cast. I fell in love with each one, as they took turns pushing Justin and Holly to grow, heal, and recognize their love for each other.

A Man Worth Fighting For
He has nothing left to offer. She's determined to show him just how much he's worth.

Shot by a member of his military team, Justin Lawson retreats to the Wiccan Haus. Holly Walters refuses to accept her boyfriend's out-of-the-blue rejection without an explanation, even if getting the answers forces her to be trapped on a bizarre island for an entire week. She's going to use every minute to work Justin out of her system once and for all. Justin's body and spirit begin to heal under Holly's loving ministrations. As she talks about never seeing each other again, he realizes he never wants to let her go. But the rogue assassin who had gone after Justin before is after him again. Before he can fight to make Holly believe in their love, he'll have to fight for both their lives.

Excerpt:

“How did you hurt your knee?” Holly asked.

“Occupational hazard,” Justin muttered.

That wasn’t very comforting, considering he was in the military and always going off on missions that he couldn’t give her any details about. “Did you fall and break it?”

“Bullet shattered it.” His words were clipped.

She flinched, wanting desperately to reach for him, hating to think of the pain he’d been in, the pain she’d known nothing about. “And how long before or after this happened did you send me an eight word break-up text?”

“About seventy-two hours after.”

She immediately knew she’d been right not to take his text at face value. The self-destruction of a client and the week of lost work were worth it. She’d needed this explanation. More than that, it proved there was still hope for them. “So you conceivably could have still been under the effects of anesthesia.”

“I wasn’t.”

“But you were on pain medication for sure.”

“Don’t make excuses for me. I was an ass. I broke up with you, and you deserve better.”


The Wiccan Haus: A Man Worth Fighting For is available here:
You can learn more about the Wiccan Haus shared world here:

Thank you for having me here today, Dawn!
Sara Daniel

http://www.SaraDaniel.com
http://saradanielromance.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/SaraDanielSaraShafer
http://www.facebook.com/SaraShaferDaniel
http://www.twitter.com/SSaraDaniel

3 comments:

Ann Montclair said...

The excerpt is quite intriguing and the cover is mucho caliente.

Leigh Daley/Arley Cole/me said...

Wiccan Haus is such a fun world and this book is a fabulous addition to it! I loved the story and the wonderful characters. Holly and Justin are fantastic together. Plus, there's this wonderful thriller aspect that brings a new dimension of danger and intrigue to the world of Wiccan Haus. I'm hooked on the series too, Sara! Can't wait to read your next one!!

Patricia said...

Great work! Good luck with your book.
Patti

New Release Spotlight: Kelli A. Wilkins' A Thousand Summer Secrets

  Hi everyone! I’m pleased to announce the release of my fourth gay romance, A Thousand Summer Secrets . This tender contemporary romanc...