Friday, April 6, 2012

Goddess Fish VBT/Review of Believe by Megan Slayer

Book Tour Prize: Megan will be awarding a $10 GC to one randomly drawn commenter during the tour.


Check out the entire tour stops at http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.com/2012/02/virtual-review-tour-believe-by-megan.html

Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. 


Believe by Megan Slayer
Available HERE
Liquid Silver Books
M/M, BDSM, Contemporary, Holidays


Raylan and Chase are a couple though they haven't spent much time together this Christmas season, with Chase off on gigs and Raylan off photographing the rock and roll stars and celebrities. Chase needs Raylan as his muse just doesn't come out and play when Raylan is not around. When Raylan tells Chase he is able to stay home this Christmas, Chase is pleased. Now can these two guys find a way to bridge the gap of being apart in order to stay together?


My Review:


Overall, Megan Slayer delivers a wonderful tale of two people who should not fit together but actually do. The writing was tight, though the story was short 15, 000 words, packed a lot of heat into it. The characters Chase and Raylan were intriguing. I loved the dynamics of two alpha males together, trying to find their way with one another. The sex scenes were hot and steamy and yes, there are scenes that may not appeal to some people. The only thing i wished was that it was a bit longer. I felt there was much more to Chase and Raylan than what was being told. 


Megan Slayer delivers a hot, sexy story that will surely heat you up and make you jump your honey afterwards. I highly enjoyed this and hope the author comes back to these characters again in the future. If you are looking for a hot read to while an afternoon away, then grab Believe and settle in for a sexy story of two people who find they are just perfect for one another. 


My Rating for Believe: 3 Stars


***********************************************************************


Believe by Megan Slayer
Liquid Silver Books
Buy at LSB HERE



Raylan believed himself unworthy of love until he met Chase. Chase brought out Raylan’s natural need to control and the power to force submission. But time and distance make having a relationship hard. Can Raylan prove to Chase they have what it takes for love to last through this Christmas and every other Christmas for the rest of their lives?
Chase found the muse for his songs in Raylan. Each time they touch, kiss, make love, music fills his soul. But working odd gigs to make ends meet while Raylan photographs rock and roll royalty isn’t beneficial to Chase’s creativity. Can he convince Raylan they’re better off together than apart?


Contains: M/M, LBGT, BDSM, Fetish, anal sex



Teaser Excerpt:



Chase opened his eyes and glanced around the hallway. He could’ve sworn he heard music. From where? His back pocket buzzed. His phone. Duh. He rolled his eyes and retrieved the phone. Chase’s heart leapt. Raylan smiled back at him in his profile picture.
“Hey.” Chase kept the rest of the words on his tongue at bay. Shouting “Come home for Christmas. I need to feel you inside me—I want to fuck you straight through to the New Year” would certainly get him some odd looks and might get him fired.
“Hi, sexy. Another gig? I thought you gave those up for the season.”
Raylan’s light tone slithered down Chase’s spine. He yearned to be in the same physical space with Raylan. “Yeah. Two more hours of playing eighties covers for drunken office workers. Could be worse, could be better, but it makes it so much easier to pay for your Christmas present.” He spun the knotwork commitment ring from Raylan around the ring finger of his left hand. “Where are you? Tell me you are home and naked and waiting for me.” A little too blunt, but he didn’t care. He needed Raylan.
“You’ve become more forthright since I left this last time. I like it, but then I am partial to you.” Raylan chuckled. “I’m not naked, but I am waiting on you. I’ve spent the last five minutes talking to Mercury and wondering where our man went.” On his end of the line, Raylan paused. “I’m home until January tenth. Sampson took pity on me after I whined more than once that I wanted to be home for the holidays. I know it’s the day before Christmas Eve, but Merry Christmas.”
Home until January. Chase loved the sound of that. He tapped his ring on the hip of his guitar. “I don’t care what day it is. I’m so ready to be home right now. I miss you.” Chase slid his guitar behind his back and pinched the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger. “I miss you a lot.”
“Why don’t we meet for a drink at Merinos? We can have a little party of our own and then make up for lost time afterwards. I’ve missed you, too.”
Chase nodded. “Just don’t make me wait like a dork. I’ve got a reputation to live up to. Love you.”
“Love you, Chase—crazy reputation and everything. Always.”
Chase pressed the button to end the call and scrubbed his hand across his mouth, kissing his ring. The smile remained on his lips. The next two hours would go by at a turtle’s pace, but if it meant seeing Raylan at the end of the night, he’d gladly play for whoever asked.

4 comments:

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

I'm glad you enjoyed their story. And yes, for those who want to know, Dawn, I am going to revisit the boys and write the prequel. Gotta see where they came from. :-)

Thanks for the kind words and for hosting me, Dawn. I appreciate it.

Wendi
aka Megan Slayer

Yvette said...

I can't wait to read this book!
Yvette
yratpatrol@aol.com

Catherine Lee said...

There's nice banter between the characters in that excerpt.

catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Mary Preston said...

I love the idea of a prequel.


marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...