Monday, April 23, 2012

Meet Layla and author Natalie Hancock


Please give a warm welcome to Layla from Eternal Darkness by Natalie Hancock today as we sit down and see what makes her tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author?

My name is Layla, as you know. My birth language was Arabic, but I am also fluent in Spanish and English. I prefer to speak in Arabic or Spanish, but as you speak English, I will also.
I am twenty one years old and a half-breed known as a dhampir. I am a rare creature and one many do not like. I do not blame them, after all, I thirst for their blood… I am a monster.
I reside in a hundred acres of land, home to over a hundred vampires, vampires who are being hunted, who are learning about those to hunt us, and how to survive.
As you can imagine, my hunger burns my stomach greatly. I do not like to be around vampires, not when I hunger for their blood as I do.
I do not like it there, the vampires stare. I can understand why, where their skin is pale, white, mine is tanned, thanks to my Egyptian heritage.
I am also covered in piercings.

Natalie wanted a heroine who was beautiful and deadly. Who could wield a weapon with skill and who could look after herself. She wanted a heroine with a story.
I was the perfect heroine for that.
I have had an interesting, as most will say, life. One filled with danger, one which has caused me to hide many things about myself, to keep many secrets deep within.
Eternal Darkness is just the beginning to my story.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate?

Shade is impossibly handsome, most, if not all, would have been drawn in by his looks, by his muscled body, but it was his eyes that drew me in. Instantly, as soon as I saw his silver eyes, I could not look away. I felt a connection between us, felt my body reacting to this simple thing.

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner?

Within the trees, in truth, he seduced me first, but it was I who got the last taste in the end.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick he can play?

All Shade has to do to seduce me is say my name. My name on his lips is incredibly seductive, erotic. It sends shivers down my spine and almost makes me moan with pleasure. His voice is like no other and when he wants to taste me, touch me and have me underneath him, he knows that is one way to get it.

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed?

Kissing his neck will turn him on, but when I run my fangs along his neck, over his pulse, that is what drives him wild. I think the thought of having me bite him while we are intimate is something he would like to experience. The thought of pleasuring me with his touch, his body and his blood turns me on as much as it does him.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing thing your author did to you in Eternal Darkness?

The most embarrassing thing Natalie made me do? I was turned on during a fight. I am a deadly creature, trained by the best to fight the way I do. To win, yet with a simple touch, Shade had my body heating and my mind only wanting one thing. Him inside me.
I have never once felt this way whilst fighting, yet when I fight Shade, I always want to taste him, to feel him inside me, whether it be in my mouth or in between my legs, deep inside me.

Q: Anything else you would like to add?

Thank you for having me here. I do not normally find the presence of a human entertaining, you are our enemies after all, but it has been a pleasure talking to you. I do not think Shade will be happy with me for coming here. He does not like to be away from me since the recent attack. He is very territorial, much more so than other vampires. He does not like to be away from me, he wishes to protect me from further harm.
I will soon take his mind off the matter.

Thank you Layla for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Breathless Press Blog. Please find Eternal Darkness by Natalie Hancock at eXtasy books.

Eternal Darkness is an Erotic Vampire Paranormal Romance book. It is the first in the Cursed in Darkness Series.

You can buy Eternal Darkness at http://www.extasybooks.com/Eternal-Darkness/ 

Blurb: 
Layla, a twenty-one-year-old half-breed known as a dhampir, is incredibly beautiful and deadly. She drinks vampire blood for power and to stop the burning hunger.

The vampire academy is a hundred acres of land surrounded by high tech security to ensure that none enters or leaves. She is in the protection.

When she has lessons with the vampires, she struggles with her hunger and has to learn to trust them—a big issue for Layla because of her past, something she can neither forget nor run from. The past that haunts her dreams reminds her that she cannot hide as she lives her life in the academy.

Then there is Shade—an impossibly handsome vampire and Layla's one-on-one instructor. Desires she never knew rise whenever he looks at her. She cannot stop how her body reacts to his touch or how much she wants his body and his blood.

It is a forbidden lust that they share, one they must keep a secret from those around them or Layla risks everyone finding out who she really is.

Someone wants her dead. Layla's goals, deal with the vampires who hate dhampir's and keep herself alive. Can she do it?


No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...