Thursday, March 1, 2012

Welcome Tara Chevrestt and A Facebook Affair

Someday, My Contemporary Romance Will Be Historical

I got to thinking today...about our smart phones, our computers, social networking, and how quickly it all changes. I mean, twenty years from now, we won't have smart phones. We'll probably have these tiny coin size devices that just automatically scan our thoughts (maybe it looks like an earring hanging there or something) and direct them to the person we intend them for!

And I realized that my contemporary romance, A Facebook Affair, though "with it" now, won't be with it twenty years from  now. It will be considered historical! It's very techno oriented in a way as the heroine, Kelly tries to find love on facebook. We won't even have FB twenty years from now. What will we have? Will it be like Resident Evil/Star Trek halograms? Is that the right word? A person's entire body popping up in a ray of light? "Hey, I like your post!" And then, wave and poof, and they're gone.

Laptops, smart phones, facebook, skype. One day, someone is going to pick up a copy of A Facebook Affair (I hope!! I'm thinking positive here!) and say, "Grandma? what's Skype?" 

Though I look forward to what they come out with to aide the hearing impaired community. I think, however, I'll keep the vibrating alarm clock. :)

What do you think we're going to have twenty years from now?

Tara Chevrestt

http://tarachevrestt.weebly.com/index.html

About A Facebook Affair...

Buy at Breathless Press HERE

Meet Kelly. She's hearing impaired and looking for love. Social networking helps her out with that, but coming across a guy she knew a long time ago also brings back back memories of school bullying. Is she really the confident person she thinks she is now? Or is she still that little girl who hid her hearing aids behind her long hair?

The official blurb: When Kelly and Brandon rediscover each other on Facebook after twenty years apart, it sparks an attraction that even distance can't extinguish. Do they truly have a future, or is this just a Facebook affair?

Kelly Littleton takes the plunge and finally joins Facebook to socialize without the limits that her hearing impairment gives her. On a whim, she looks up a childhood friend. In sending him that first message, she ignites the memories of a crush from twenty years ago. But will they turn into the flames of romance, or end up the ashes of a Facebook affair?

Brandon Hopkins has a lot on his plate. A recent divorce, a pregnant sister, and now, he realizes he's in love with a woman who lives states away. Can he overcome the boundaries of internet romance to make this desire turn into something real, or will adversity and distance be their undoing?

2 comments:

Shawna Thomas said...

Good question! One I honestly can't answer because 20 years ago, I'd have never guessed they'd have touch screens or that most of my friends would live more than 200 miles away because I met them online. And btw, I happen to know this book is pretty awesome. : )

Shawna Thomas said...

PS: I love the cover!

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...