Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Personal Review for Hard as Teak by Margie Church

When I bought Hard as Teak, I have to admit I fell in love the cover. Heck, I drooled over it before I even opened the damn book and I think I drooled too...maybe. *grins* I knew Margie Church from around the 'net and facebook and have never read one of her books before. I am not sure what I was thinking but man am I missing out. But before I go into why I heart Ms. Church...just look at the cover *nudges readers* and drool...here I will even give you a towel to wipe it up too. *smiles*

Meet photographer Kevin Marks. He is dissatisfied with his life, feels like he is in a rut-professionally and personally. Taking off to his childhood cabin, Kevin meets Teak, a rugged man who stirs feelings in Kevin he had no idea he would experience with a man before.Teak woos Kevin with kisses, lighting a lust that leaves Kevin hard and aching. Confused by his feelings for a man, Kevin finds the relationship he has searched for, unconsciously, is with the one person he never even anticipated. Teak will take Kevin on a sensual journey that will lead them to something both men will find they need more than ever-love. Can Kevin believe in himself and the feelings Teak evokes in him for alife full of happiness or will he let Teak slip through his fingers?


Hard as Teak is more than a generic MM Story about two men finding one another and falling in love. This is a story of two people searching for a love neither has ever experienced before. Friendship then lust and finally love all play a part in this story. Ms. Church delivers a strong realistic story of two people finding they are meant to be with one another. 

What I loved about Teak and Kevin was how they acted like mature, sensible adults through the entire storyline. There was no melodrama, whining or even angry angst to deal with. It was a breath of fresh air so to speak to read this. I fell hard for both Kevin and Teak as I met them in the beginning and found myself rooting for them to be together forever. Teak is sexy as sin and had me wondering if I can take a walk in the woods for my own version of a sexy outdoorsman of my own. The sexual tension alone simmers and flares repeatedly between Teak and Kevin which left me squirming in my seat more times I can count. There were a few secondary characters that left me wondering if I could either give them a good smack down or a big hug.  They made the story flow smoothly and enhanced the story nicely. Ultimately this is about the growing relationship between Kevin and Teak and it was perfectly captured by the author. 

Hard as Teak is more than a man meets man then falls in love type of story. It's also about finding out who you are inside, accepting that and finding out what makes you happy no matter what.  Ms. Church delivers  story with a heart of gold and one I am eager to experience again. I do recommend you keep a bucket of ice nearby or take a cold shower afterward to cool off from all the heat this book generates. It's a sexy story that will surely have you squirming in your seat or jumping your significant other afterwards.


Margie Church delivers a story so poignant, sexy and real that I can not wait to read it again. I just have one question for this author- can we get more Teak and Kevin please in the future?




My Rating for Hard as Teak: 5 Stars and a recommended read

Find Hard As Teak at Noble Romance, Amazon Kindle and other fine online retailers.

More on this author can be found HERE

5 comments:

Laura said...

Margie, my darling friend-what a lovely review Dawn gave you! Well-deserved, for a great read. Congratulations,
Laura

Margie Church said...

Laura - thank you so much for pointing me to this amazing review!

And Dawn - holy smokes. Thank you. I know you are a voracious reader and I admit I was more than a little anxious for your comments. Please do me one last favor and rate the book on Amazon. Good reviews like this are worth their weight in gold...in fact they are gold.

Thank you so very much.

Margie

Margie Church said...

BTW, as for your request for more from this couple, I am writing a new book called Krewe Daddy and it's Drew's story. Kevin and Teak will make appearances in the book. I hope to have it done by the holidays. Thanks for asking!

DawnsReadingNook said...

Hi Margie and Laura...thanks for dropping by and I am so glad you enjoyed the review.

Margie, I will definitely put it up on Amazon...if not today then Tuesday.

YAY more stories with Drew, Teak and kevin. *dances with glee*

Margie Church said...

I love your enthusiasm..spread the word! Thanks bunches.

New Book Review: The Best Life Book Club by Sheila Roberts

  The Best Life Book Club Sheila Roberts Mira Books Release date: May 7th, 2024 Available at Amazon Add to Your Goodreads My Rating for The ...