Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Personal Review for Keeping House by Lee Brazil

Keeping House is the first book I read from author Lee Brazil but it won't be my last. I absolutely fell in love with this author's writing.Add in some amazing characters and a sweet romance and I am in reading heaven. My inner book addict was sighing at the end in pleasure with a big ole grin on her face.


Mischa Blake is the youngest of the Blake siblings and determined to live his life the way he wants. He just has no idea what he wants out of life. It definitely isn't his brothers deciding what he is to do, that's for sure. Tricked into accepting a dare one night, he finds himself broke, having to get a job and support himself for a year all without accessing his trust fund. How easy can that be? Well, let's just say Mischa finds himself applying for a housekeeper job when he has no idea what it involves. Let the fun begin.

Donovan Holloway worked hard to get where he is in the company he works for and is searching for a housekeeper. He is determined to have the perfect life...far away from the hippie lifestyle he grew up with. What he doesn't anticipate is a mohawk wearing, pierced young man to accept the job or have him think lustful thoughts about Mischa.


Can two very opposite people find that they are absolutely perfect for one another?

Keeping House is my first Lee Brazil book and I found it to be a perfect gem of a read. With  the right amount of sexual tension, romance, interfering siblings and a realistic storyline, this author delivers a story I could relate to and actually find myself murmuring, "Go get 'em, Mischa" when his brothers finally tracked him down at Donovan's house. The writing was tight, story flowed lyrically and it was the multi-dimensional characters that stole my heart. This is a chracter rich story that had me laughing one minute, snickering the next and rooting for mischa to get his man...namely Donovan. :)

The characters in Keeping House are what makes this story so enjoyable. They all were unique-even the secondary characters and moved the story along nicely.  Mischa and Donovan connected immediately with  me as a reader and I could totally relate to Mischa's predicament after his siblings pull a fast one on him.  The reader gets a sense this author knows his characters inside and out and it was conveyed beautifully in the story. Keeping House was the perfect weekend story to enjoy on a sunny afternoon. The entertaining yet realistic storyline left me eager to see who would be next in line in the Truth or Dare series.



If you are looking for a new author to explore, I highly recommend Keeping House to enjoy one lazy Sunday afternoon. It's a gem of a read and one I plan to read again..just to see Mischa again.


My rating for Keeping House: 4 Stars


Buy Keeping House at Amazon, Breathless Press and other places on the internet.


This is an objective review and is not an endorsement of this book.

2 comments:

Lee Brazil said...

Aww! Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the story! :)

SJ said...

Great review, Dawn! Loved what you had to say about Lee's book. I bought this one 2 wks ago, but haven't had the chance to read it yet. Now, I'm really looking forward to it and can't wait! Summer... here I come!!! :D

Hugs & thanks for a great post!
SammyJo

New Book Review: The Best Life Book Club by Sheila Roberts

  The Best Life Book Club Sheila Roberts Mira Books Release date: May 7th, 2024 Available at Amazon Add to Your Goodreads My Rating for The ...