Thursday, July 27, 2023

New Release Book Review: Debbie Macomber's Must Love Flowers

 


A woman finds herself dealing with a life full of changes that she didn't expect and when she finally finds herself again, can she keep herself from sliding back into the reclusive stage even as life tosses her curveballs she didn't see coming?

Release date: July 11th, 2023
Contemporary Women's Fiction
Find at Amazon

My Rating for MUST LOVE FLOWERS: 3.5 Stars

My Review:

Joan Simple is living the life she didn’t see coming. An empty nester and a widow, she has become something of a recluse since. But another birthday alone has her making the effort to finally return to living as her sister has been begging her to do for awhile now. She finds someone to take her overgrown garden in hand, finds a grief group and starts renting a room out to a local college student. Little by little Joan finds herself again as she forms new friendships and finds her place in this changed world of hers and discovers the joy of a ‘found family’ as well as a blood family.

 

Debbie Macomber is my go-to if I need a break from life and every annoying part of it for a comfort read that is all hearts and roses. Her books keep my faith in humanity even as her characters deal with whatever life tosses at them with grace. MUST LOVE FLOWERS is another enjoyable if predictable book by this author and even though I felt some of the characters were a bit boring, for the most part it was a satisfying read. Joan Simple is woman dealing with loss-of her husband ad now her son as he goes to college. Like a turtle, she has stayed in her home, not dealing with her grief and all the changes in her life, ignoring the changes that have happened to her. What I love about Joan is her desire to finally find herself again after such losses in her life. With everything going on in the book, she takes a chance here and there to help herself as she finds her footing again with life. I really enjoyed the college student she has a friendship with.,. Maggie, as both characters are center to MUST LOVE FLOWERS.


Debbie Macomber delivers a satisfying if at times predictable read that will keep her readers’ attention until the end. If this is truly one of her last books as she talks of retiring, I am glad this one delivered all the feels of what you expect one of her books to be. It’s full of heart from beginning to end and one I truly thought was a perfect swan song to an amazing career. I know just what I am getting with her books and for me that is just what I need periodically. If you enjoy a story that will steal your heart, then I do recommend MUST LOVE FLOWERS for a perfect summer read.

 

This is an objective review and not an endorsement.

 

 


No comments:

New Book Review: The Best Life Book Club by Sheila Roberts

  The Best Life Book Club Sheila Roberts Mira Books Release date: May 7th, 2024 Available at Amazon Add to Your Goodreads My Rating for The ...