Sunday, May 2, 2021

Book Review: Conjure Web by Yasmine Galenorn

 


January finds herself in over her head as she and Ari work a new private case and a family secret regarding January's great-grandmother comes to light as she finds herself heading off danger around corners left and right.

My Rating for Conjure Web: 4.5 Stars and a Series Recommended Read

Paranormal Women's Fiction

Release Date: April 19th, 2021

Find all buy links HERE

My Review of Conjure Web:

January is settling more into her life in Moonshadow Bay and is finding joy again with friends, family, and her job at Conjure Ink. As she awaits to face with the Aseer to see where her magical strengths are, she finds secrets that are buried in her family history around d her great-grandmother Colleen and a long-lost child. Then when she and Ari take on a private case, they find it too big for them to handle and ask in Conjure Ink to help them out in solving the riddle that is around a child who may not be a child. As January investigates, she finds herself being led to the woodlings and magical intrigue. With danger coming for them, January finds herself determined to help solve this case and figure out answers even as she finds her own world view changing the more, she learns about the magical world she lives in.

 

WOW is all I can say, and I am going to not mention that easter egg that is hidden in the third book because that alone had me going ‘OMG!!” out loud in delight and shock. Ms. Galenorn is on my auto-buy regardless of what she writes because I just adore her books and with this third book in her new paranormal women’s fiction series, Moonshadow Bay, we get a story that is complex, mysterious, and more within its pages plus a few twists I sure didn’t see coming. If you read books one and two (Starlight Web and Midnight Web) then you are familiar with January and how she moved to Moonshadow Bay. If you haven’t then I highly recommend reading those first two books before CONJURE WEB as it leads into this one. I love January to pieces. She is older, more mature and I can relate to her and her travels as she navigates life as a divorce and picks up the pieces of a shattered marriage. What really intrigued me was how much she grew as a character between all three books the reader sees how she continues to find her strength and self-esteem again. Add in magical mysteries and secondary characters that keep the story rolling along nicely and all that combined is my catnip, so to speak.

Ms. Galenorn’ and I am extremely impressed at how she continues to expand Moonshadow Bay while also introducing some new characters to discover, a few old ones to know more of and a place that makes me want to yell ‘ROAD TRIP’ just to visit. The characters are so different and unique but also independent which lets me enjoy all their personalities immensely and I love how beautifully written they are. With a story that flows seamlessly from start to finish, the reader is taken on a journey that will leave you spellbound. So, sit back, take a load off and settle in as January finds herself once again in the thick of things as a new case and family secrets come together to give her answers and more in CONJURE WEB. Now all I am anxious is now book four, Harvest Web to get here so I can see what else is in store for the gang in Moonshadow Bay.

 

This is an objective review and not an endorsement.


Moonshadow Bay Series


Book 1: Starlight Web


Book 2: Midnight Web


Book 3: Conjure Web


Book 4: Harvest Web (Out September 13th, 2021)




No comments:

Welcome Kelli A. Wilkins today

  Exclusive Excerpt from A Thousand Summer Secrets A new release by Kelli A. Wilkins www.kelliwilkins.com Hi everyone, Today I’m sha...