Thursday, October 15, 2020

Guest Author Day with Elizabeth Noble

 



Please give a warm welcome to Jonas Forge from Shifting Chaos (book 4 of The Sleepless City) by Elizabeth Noble today as we sit down and see what makes him tick.

 

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author? 

Hello, Dawn, thanks for having me here today. Most folks call me Forge, almost no one uses my first name, even my soulmate. I’m a vampire, a homicide detective, dog-lover and all-around fun guy unless you’re a murderer or you get between me and my coffee. Then there might be trouble. And don’t mess with my soulmate, I’ll make your life hell. Or just kill you, depending on how much free time I have.

 

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate? 

Hmmm…Blair. To be honest, Blair and I aren’t your traditional fated mates. See, I’m a lot older than Blair. Roughly 200 and something years older. Sheesh, talk about a May/December romance! To the casual observer, however, we look like a couple in their thirties. 

When Blair and I met (back in book 2, Electric Candle) we were in very different places emotionally. Blair hadn’t been a vampire for more than a few years and didn’t really know what it was all about. 

On the other hand, I’ve been a vampire for most of my life and I didn’t live life as a monk, if you get my drift. All vampires are human first, and like humans we need companionship. I was in a 170-year relationship with another man, a very satisfying, loving relationship when Blair came into my life. 

There were a lot of reasons why the other man and I never were destined to be soulmates, too many details to go into here. Suffice to say Blair wasn’t my dream man and I wasn’t his. 

That was hard. Really hard for us both. 

Soulbonding for vampires is complicated and happens for reasons we don’t always understand right away. Blair and I had to work at it. We had this soulbond and crazy desire for each other, but we had to learn to like each other. The physical connection was intense and immediate, our emotional one took a bit of work even with our empathetic connection. I’ve always prided myself on my ability to change. That soulmate thing? That was a challenge. 

Blair is my perfect compliment. He’s patient and kinder to me than I probably deserve some days. We both love dogs and baseball! The truth is, I’d rather die than give up the bond I have with my soulmate. 

And Blair has the cutest dimples.

 

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner(s)? 

Well…lol…there was one early evening when we were walking along a public beach…And there was another time in Blair’s office, he’s a college professor. Maybe not terribly wild, but a fun time was in a garage in New Mexico. That’s one of my fondest memories.

 

Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man?

I was born when the United States was a British colony. Dirt poor would’ve been a step up. I didn’t always wear shoes and my pants were itchy, rough linen or tanned hide. Looking back, it was awful. Back then Commando wasn’t a fashion statement, it was because I was too poor to do anything else. When I became a vampire in 1774, I lived in the wilderness for half a century, clothes were sometimes optional. There were fleas, leeches and ticks and bugs, need I go on? 

I met my first pair of drawers, that’s what we called them back then, sometime in the 1800s. It was love, deep, deep love. Seriously never wanted to go Commando again! 

I never did like the briefs. I’m a boxer man. The softer and silkier the better. 

That’s probably more than you actually wanted to know.

 

 
Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick they can do to seduce you?
 

I’m easy. All Blair needs to do is take his clothes off.

 

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed? 

I’m going to let you all in on a little known, very interesting fact about soulmated vampires. We mark each other during our soulbonding. The marks never heal as other wounds would, so they leave scars. Those marks are placed on our left inner thigh by a bite from our soulmate’s fangs. It’s…amazing…is the only word I can think of. 

All Blair has to do is rub that spot and I’m putty. When Blair licks the marks he left on my thigh, let’s just say I don’t see straight for hours. Thinking is out of the question.

 


 

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing things your author did to you in Shifting Chaos? 

My soulmate is a computer geek and college professor. He decided it would be fun to embark on a life of crime by learning to pick pockets. 

I was his first victim. 

I’m a cop, he can’t do that!

 

Q: Anything else you would like to add? 

I hope you enjoyed hearing me talk about vampires and soulmates, my soulmate. It would be an honor if you’d join Blair and me and our found family in The Sleepless City series. Not to brag, but I think the series is an exciting story with lots of turns and twists with some sexy loving and suspense.

 

Thank you Forge for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. You can find all of Elizabeth Noble’s books at My website, Emotion in Motion, Amazon and JMS Books.



Title: Shifting Chaos (book 4 of The Sleepless City) by Elizabeth Noble

Publisher: Elizabeth Noble

Genre: Paranormal romance, mm romance, urban fantasy, supernatural thriller

Series: The Sleepless City (cowritten with Anne Barwell)

Electric Candle link: https://amzn.to/2ZGC7Ud

Blurb:

We aren’t a we without all of us.

Chaos reigns in The Sleepless City and it’s really beginning to piss Detective Jonas Forge off.

 

He’s separated from his soulmate, Blair Turner. A separation he fears might be permanent. Nothing is going right. It’s as if the universe is conspiring against him. A long closed off door buried deep within his psyche cracks open when a turn of events flips his world upside down. There’s a monster behind that door and he’s not sure where the monster leaves off and he begins.

 

Hallucinations grip the town and demons lurk around every corner, causing havoc and threatening to tear the family in Boggs’s Castle to shreds. The only way forward is to bare all to each other. While Forge and Declan confront horrors from their shared past, they all learn a terrible truth about vampires—one not even imagined in their worst nightmare.

 

Can they control a monster to defeat a demon?

 

If you like imperfect heroes with tarnished pasts who don’t know how to quit, then you’ll love Shifting Chaos by Elizabeth Noble, the action-packed, emotional conclusion to The Sleepless City.

 

Author's note: This book was originally published in 2015. It has been rewritten with new chapters and scenes and re-edited.

 

Naughty excerpt (a garage in New Mexico):

“I’ll call.” Blair had Forge’s hand again and was backing toward the garage, pulling on Forge to follow him. When Forge let his thoughts wander to Blair naked and in his arms, Blair pulled him along faster.

 

“She’s nice,” Forge said. He took a couple long strides to catch up.

 

Blair yanked him into the garage. “Yeah. She runs a homeless shelter for teens. She’ll put everything to good use. And I really don’t want most of it anyway.” He pressed the door opener and the garage door slid down drenching them in cool darkness. The only bit of light was from a small, round window in the back wall and a door opening to the house.

 

Forge dropped his duffle and grabbed Blair’s arm, turning him to face Forge. Blair’s arms wound around Forge’s neck, grinning when Forge backed him up to the wall and pinned him there. Forge claimed his mouth, slipping his tongue between Blair’s lips.

 

When they broke their kiss, Blair licked Forge’s neck and nipped his earlobe. “I missed everyone so much,” Blair panted. “Ben, Lucas, Simon, even Declan.” He grabbed Forge’s belt and jerked him even closer. “I missed hearing the lake at night.”

 

Forge leaned back far enough to pull Blair’s thin shirt up and over his head then nipped at his jaw. “Yeah?”

 

“And Moose. I really missed Moose.” Blair moaned and tilted his head back, giving Forge complete access to his neck of which he took full advantage, tongue and teeth skimming along Blair’s throat and over his Adam’s apple. “Oh, tin man I missed you, my big, badass, vampire cop most of all.”

 

Forge stopped and leaned back. “Did you just quote the Wizard of Oz at me?”

 

Blair exhaled a laugh. “There was a movie marathon while I was packing last night.” He slipped his arms around Forge’s waist, shoved his knee between Forge’s thighs and stepped away from the wall, reversing their positions. Getting Forge’s shirt unbuttoned, Blair’s tongue blazed a trail from his collar bone to his navel then up to a nipple while he kicked his sandals off. “It was a political commentary,” Blair’s fangs skimmed Forge’s nipple, he nipped gently. “Oz is the…”

 

Forge got his hands between them and unzipped Blair’s boardshorts. “I read it long before you did. When it was first published, actually.”

 

Snickering, Blair used Forge as a brace to shed his shorts. “Yeah, I guess…we can go inside.”

 

“It’s your dad’s house,” Forge made quick work of getting out of the rest of his clothes.

 

“No lube out here.”

 

With one arm around Blair, Forge pushed himself away from the wall, and reached for his duffle. “Yes. There is.”

 

Blair laughed outright. “Now who’s the boy scout?”

 

After wrestling the small bottle from his bag, Forge spun Blair around so he was chest to the wall. He leaned down far enough to use two fingers against Blair’s left inner thigh and pressed against the small bite marks there.

 

Deep, lusty moans rolled out of Blair. When he felt Blair’s knees buckle, Forge used his other arm to hold him up. Rubbing small circles over Blair’s scars until he was gasping in short bursts and shaking against Forge. Moving fast, Forge slathered thick lube over his cock then turned his attention to Blair.

 

 Buy Link: https://amzn.to/3iNTV79  (It’s in KU too)

GoodReads: https://bit.ly/32yPeat


Website:  http://www.elizabeth-noble.com

JMS page: http://bit.ly/2MRnmYC

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2bqjwCc




No comments:

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...