Sunday, September 20, 2020

Guest Author day with Rosanna Leo

 


Please give a warm welcome to author Rosanna Leo as she chats with us about her latest book, An Irresistible Force and what some of her favorite shows are.



My Top 10 Home Renovation Show Hosts by Rosanna Leo

 

I’m very excited to be here on Dawn’s Reading Nook to share the news about my new release An Irresistible Force, Handymen 2! For those of you who are familiar with my Handymen series, you’ll know it features a hunky trio of brothers as the heroes. Michael, Eli and Nick Zorn are contractors, but they are also the hosts of a Canadian home renovation show called “Handymen.” An Irresistible Force, book 2 in the series, is Eli’s story. I was inspired to write this series after watching so many home renovation and real estate shows on HGTV, and I thought it might be fun to share my top ten list of HGTV-style show hosts. (Psst! Not a single Property Brother in sight on this list!)

10) Sebastian Clovis and Samantha Pynn from Save My Reno. I love that Seb and Sam focus on helping homeowners tackle their renovation projects on a budget…something my Handymen try very hard to do as well.

9) Andrew and Kevin from Brojects. Well, I had to include some brothers, but I didn’t want to go with the obvious brothers. Andrew and Kevin work well together and I love their sibling antics.

8) Paul Lafrance of Decked Out. Paul was a huge inspiration as I wrote my Handymen series. In fat, his deck work is what inspired Nick Zorn, the decking expert in my books.  

7) Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer of Location, Location, Location. Kirstie and Phil’s show is one I’ve always loved, and it was one of the first real estate shows that caught my interest. I still enjoy watching the reruns.

6) Dick Strawbridge and Angel Adoree of Escape to the Chateau. What’s not to love about escaping to a French chateau? You can’t help rooting for quirky Dick and Angel as they renovate their dream home.

5) Sarah Richardson and Tommy Smythe from Sarah’s House. Sarah and Tommy are awesome. Their banter always makes me smile, and I love that they bring a Canadian flair to their show.

4) Chip and Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper. These two are adorable, full stop. They deserve their own romance novel.

3) Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen and Linda Barker from Changing Rooms. Although it’s been some time since Changing Rooms was on the air, it was one I never missed when it was on. Hosts Laurence and Linda were always so much fun, and I loved all the different designs.

2) Mike Holmes and Mike Holmes Jr. from Holmes + Holmes. Well, Mike Holmes is the king of Canadian home renovation shows. And I have to admit I have a wee crush on his son, Mike Jr. There’s a lot of biceps action in this show!

1) Scott McGillivray from Income Property. Scott is the one who first made me think, “Hmm, I want to write a romance series about contractors on a TV show!” He’s so genuine and helpful…and very easy on the eyes. True inspiration in rolled up shirt sleeves.

 


There you have it. The people and programs that inspired my Handymen series. I hope you’ll check out An Irresistible Force and the rest of the series, and that you enjoy getting to know my Handymen!

 


An Irresistible Force, Handymen 2

A contemporary romance by Rosanna Leo

Totally Bound Publishing

Release date: September 29, 2020

 

Tagline:

 

She needed a safe place. He was determined to give her one.

 


Blurb:

 

TV landscaper Eli Zorn has always been a fixer. But when a family medical situation teaches him there are some things you just can’t fix, he’s desperate to return to work for a distraction. The demolition of an old cottage in tranquil Muskoka, Ontario, is just the ticket.

Unfortunately, a gorgeous woman has handcuffed herself to the cottage and she won’t let it go down without a fight. Bernadette ‘Bernie’ Nolan has history with the place, and she won’t let Eli and the Handymen team get their hands on her refuge.

The cottage belongs to Eli’s mentor. Not only is Peter Nolan a giant in the landscaping business, he’s also Bernie’s uncle. And it becomes clear very quickly that relations in the Nolan family are more than strained.

As Eli and Bernie grapple with old loyalties, they are determined to see each other as the enemy. But this is one attraction that cannot be denied, and one that they’re losing the will to resist…

 

Universal Buy Link: https://books2read.com/u/b6ZPpx

 

Excerpt:

When Eli and Bernie walked into the reception area of the Black Oak Resort, every head turned. He couldn’t blame them. Not only were they drenched, they still had patches of mud all over their clothes and skin. They looked like rejects from one of those reality shows where people were forced to live on an island and drink their own urine.

The desk clerk opened and closed his mouth a couple of times. The hotel manager gawked. She couldn’t have looked more shocked if they’d burst in, banging a few pots and pans. An elderly lady passed them by, gave Bernie’s filthy hair a once-over and issued a decisive “tsk.”

Without batting an eye, Bernie raised her voice so it could be heard throughout the vast reception area. “I say, Elijah. I’m not sure this resort meets our usual standards. I do hope they have Grey Poupon here.”

Eli put on his best Thurston Howell the Third voice. “Come, Lovey. Let’s retire to our suite. I think it’s time for my milk bath.”

Bernie clapped a hand over her mouth. Eli burst out laughing, which only made her laugh harder. Cackling, they hurried to the elevator. Luckily, it was waiting and they plowed in, making more noise than the Black Oak had probably ever heard.

Bernie stood with her back to one elevator wall. “Did you see the looks on their faces?”

“Well, we do look like we fell into a sink hole.” Eli hit the ‘five’ button and stood opposite her. “I think the hotel manager was about to throw us out.”

“She wouldn’t dare. You’re one of the famous Zorn brothers.”

“We’re not that famous.”

“Now, now, Eli. No one tosses out Panty Melter Zorn on my watch.”

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, Bernie froze.

The elevator door slowly closed.

“Excuse me, Bernadette. Did you just call me…‘Panty Melter?’”

She paled and swallowed but threw her shoulders back. “What if I did?”

He tried not to smile. “Is that your nickname for me?”

She averted her gaze.

“Bernie. Do I melt your underwear?”

“Maybe. Maybe not. The proof is in the panties.”

Her cheeks, so pink under the dried-on mud, brought out the heat in his own face. Her dark eyes sparkled with a hint of a dare, and although her hair stuck out in places and mud lined her clothing, she’d never looked sexier than in that moment.

The woman made dirty look good.

 

Author Bio:

Rosanna Leo writes contemporary and paranormal romance. She is the First Place Winner of the 2018 Northern Hearts Contest (Contemporary Romance) for A Good Man, Handymen 1.

From Toronto, Canada, Rosanna occupies a house in the suburbs with her husband and their two sons, and spends most of her time being tolerated by their cat Sweetie. When not writing, Rosanna works for her local library, where she is busy laying the groundwork to become a library ghost one day.

Social Media Links:

 

Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/bT91GX

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/rosanna-leo

Reader Group (Rosanna Leo’s Pride): https://www.facebook.com/groups/RosannaLeosPride/

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/rleoauthor1

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeoRosanna

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rleoauthor/

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5826852.Rosanna_Leo

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/rosannaleo/

 

 

 

 

 


1 comment:

Rosanna Leo said...

Thanks so much for hosting me!

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Seven Days at Mannerly

  Check out the newest book by Audrey Schuyler Lancho, Seven Days at Mannerly, today. Make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the autho...