Monday, August 19, 2019

Character Spotlight~ S. Peters Davis


Please give a warm welcome to Kendra Spark from Albatross by S. Peters-Davis today as we sit down and see what makes her tick.

What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re not saving (the world, clients, your mate)?  

I enjoy nature by hiking or kayaking. A lot of my novels include wooded or water settings that I’ve experienced.

What is it about your love interest, Derek Knight, that makes you crazy in a good way?

His boyish charm, along with his he-man ability to throw himself in front of the wolves to save those around him. He’s got a huge heart for those he cares about but then unleashes the crackin’ in him for those who create death and destruction.

Do you sometimes want to strangle your writer? Thrash her to within an inch of her life? Make her do the stupid crap she makes you do?

I haven’t had to deal with any thrashing desires, in fact, being an author myself, I find Ms. Peters-Davis resonates deeply with voice and style like she can read my mind, and I can read hers. I believe we are kindred spirits…she gets me:)

Favorite food?

Something I’ve yet to eat in any of my story time – homemade carrot cake:) But I do love the burgers and fries from Granny’s Homemade Vittles;)

Tell me a little bit about your world. What are your greatest challenges in that world?

I’m more of a rural fan, hate crowds, traffic, and noisy city streets, which Washington, D.C. thrives on in all accounts. Thankfully, I’ve moved into a small cabin tucked into the forest behind Derek’s home. It’s the perfect retreat away from the city. It gives me breathing room and works as a place to recharge;)

Describe yourself in four words.

Ghost communicator, novelist, romantic

What do you do for a living?

Write suspense-mystery romance novels.

What do you fear the most?

Losing my best friend forever…Jenna. Since she died in a terrible accident, her spirit has been tethered to me on the earth plane, but the supernatural has used her as leverage to get to me. If I were to lose her in that way…*shakes head* Let’s just say, I’m not sure what I would do without her.


Genre: Suspense-supernatural romance

Kendra Spark, Derek Knight, and “ghosty” Jenna Powers, members of an FBI special task force, investigate a cold-case and end up facing the ultimate psychopaths, a highly-accredited police director gone crime lord and a beautiful malevolent “albatross of a spirit.” Both want Kendra for her unique abilities but might settle for Jenna instead.

Derek stops at nothing to keep Kendra and Jenna safe, but what if the worst-case scenario happens? An unstoppable villain and villainess of the dark plane picks the earth plane as their stomping ground?

Albatross Tagline:

A cold-case investigation leads FBI Task Force to face the ultimate psychopaths, a highly-accredited police director gone crime lord and a beautiful malevolent “albatross of a spirit.”

Excerpt: Moment between Kendra and her literary agent Clara

“You’re not going to uphold your contract are you.” Moisture gathered in Clara’s sea green eyes as she stared into the woods. One dribbled down her cheek, making me feel like a mountain-sized pile of poop.

Grandma Ellie’s words chimed through my head, giving me some semblance of peace and strength. “You’re on the right path, Kendra. Your heart just told you so.” I recalled the beautiful soul orbs and the Guardians collecting them to deliver, either to Heaven or to the soul’s rightful owner, those belonging to the trafficked teens’ that the Soul-Sucker had stolen for sustenance. I grabbed Clara’s hand and squeezed. “I don’t expect you to understand, but I’m hoping you’ll resonate with my reasoning for the change of heart.”

“How can you assist in an FBI case, Kendra? Honestly. You’re an author. A mystery and suspense writer of fiction, and that’s what you do well…write fiction.” Clara shook her head and again stared out the window screen without glancing my way. “Your friend died. I don’t understand why you want to stay?” She sighed. “Is it for Derek? Have you developed a relationship with him since you’ve been in D.C.?” Her gaze slid to my face, an eyebrow arched, and she said, “You have the potential to make more money with this publishing company than you’ve made adding the sales royalties from all the books you’ve written so far. It’s this kind of success every author dreams of accomplishing, making big money. You’ve established your fan base of readers, what more could you possibly want? You love what you do already, why change that?”

“I do love writing, but that’s not my only ability.” I met her gaze. “I can see and communicate with spirits, the ghosts of people who have died. Since I became old enough to walk, I’ve had that ‘gift’ as my Grandmother Ellie used to call it. I couldn’t tell if my friends were alive or dead…I didn’t realize there was a difference until I was much older. People made fun of me for talking to air, like I was a paranoid schizophrenic because they couldn’t see the spirit standing beside me.” A few of those memories snapped through my brain, and I realized this could be another one of those times with Clara.

Kendra Spark Novel Series Tagline:

Kendra sees ghosts, and then her BFF, Jenna, becomes one. The two friends and FBI agent Derek Knight fight to bring justice for the victims of heinous crimes.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dawn - Kendra thanks you so much for putting up with her today:) She's actually really happy to be visiting your lovely place. Thank you so much for having her today:) Susan A.K.A. S. Peters-Davis

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...