Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Book Review- The Silver Mist by Yasmine Galenorn

The Wild Hunt Agency is on the trail of the hate group, the Tuathan Brotherhood, and finds they have an additional case that will cause catastrophic damage if not stopped.

My Rating for The Silver Mist: 5 Stars and a Series Recommended Read

Buy at Amazon


The Wild Hunt is on the move to find the violent hate group, Tuathan Brotherhood and shut them down for good. They have a plan to send a spy in but the members of the Wild Hunt-Herne, ember and all the gang- that their spy, Rafe, may be found out. As they go to the Olympic Peninsula where they find themselves in a haunted forest filled with old-growth and creatures more dangerous than they know.
In the meantime, Herne’s old friend, Angus, contacts the Wild Hunt for help as his wife may be possessed by something. Can the Wild Hunt help Angus and try to discover what the Tuathan Brotherhood is planning next while keeping an eye on their spy and friend, Rafe? Can they solve Angus’s problem before whatever it s that controls his wife destroys not just Fiona but also the community around her?

Wow is all I can after reading THE SILVER MIST by author Yasmine Galenorn. If you haven’t read this series yet, I urge you to try it ASAP. Its full of great characters, a marvelous changing world that sucks the reader in and doesn’t let them go and storylines that just captivate the reader. If you haven’t read The Hallowed Hunt (book 5) then I hope you do because book six picks up a bit after the end of that one and man, is this sixth book a doozy! I absolutely LOVE this series. It’s right up there with her Otherworld series where so many different characters meld into a story/series with ease and I love how much fun this Wild Hunt series is. Book six, THE SILVER MIST, takes the Wild Hunt group to the Olympic Peninsula and there they find creatures deadlier than even than they could imagine. I really love how the author keeps the reader glued to the pages with THE SILVER MIST. I couldn’t put it down as I wanted to know more and what would happen to the characters I have fallen in love with. The story flows smoothly and swiftly, drawing the reader into its web right off the bat. By the end of chapter one., I needed to keep reading to see where the author would go with the Wild Hunt gang.

What I love about Ms. Galenorn’s writing is her masterful way she world builds and creates her characters. Sometimes the world building is so amazing but the characters are flat and vice versa that the reader is disappointed but for any of the books I read from this author-and it’s pretty much all of them at this point-I have never been disappointed in either her world building or characters. She is a master at both, and it shows in her Wild Hunt series. With a story that continues from book five, The Hallowed Hunt, we are treated to a story that has several twists I sure did not see coming and left me breathless. When I turned the last page, Iso wanted to read more. I am thrilled she is continuing this series and giving Raven her own spin-off adventures because man, she is one amazing character I want to know more about.

THE SILVER MIST is a fun, fast paced story that will leave you gripping the pages until the very end. I love how evolved the core group of characters are with each book and I keep finding new things to love about them. Plus, some amazing new characters periodically pop up and keep the series from becoming boring as well. If you love adventure, intriguing mysteries, paranormal/urban fantasy stories that engage your imagination than I highly recommend this series and urge you to start at the beginning, The Silver Stag, as each book builds on the previous book. I can not wait for the next books to be here so I can get my fix in a new series that is swiftly becoming one of my favorites to reread.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement

The Wild Hunt Series Reading Order:

Book 1: The Silver Stag
Book 2: Oak and Thorns
Book 3: Iron Bones
Book 4: A Shadow of Crows
Book 5: The Hallowed Hunt
Book 6: The Silver Mist
Book 7: The Witching Hour (Also a spin-off story set in the world of the Wild Hunt and is Raven's book)- Releasing July 8th, 2019


No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...