Monday, December 3, 2018

Welcome JR Loveless today


Happy Guest author day here at the Reading Nook blog. Today we have author JR Loveless joining us to talk about their latest holiday story, Blue Christmas. So let's get started....


What started your interest in writing?
I've always been an avid reader, since I can remember picking up a book. I read anything I could get my hands on when I was younger and all through school. I started writing in 6th grade and just kept writing. Because I had ideas and thoughts which came to me that I thought would make a great story.

What is your book(s) about?
There are events in our lives which can impact us in whatever way we allow it to. Sometimes we can come back from those events and other times we bend under the pressure, sometimes to the point of breaking. Patrick is a good example of the type of person who breaks under the pressure and makes a decision which sends him straight into the arms of Santa. Over the course of that time, he learns that maybe things aren't as bad as he believes them to be. He starts to become more open to those around him and more open to loving Christmas again.

If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be?
Wolf shifter. I love wolves.

Is there anything you will never write about?
Scat, golden showers, anything pertaining to bodily fluids that are unsanitary.

If zombies attacked what kind of supplies would you want?
Crossbow, guns, axes, baseball bats. Food, water, unlimited supply of ammo. I also would want to have a safe place. Somewhere I could hide with my animals and they'd be okay.

Do you keep a notebook near your for when new ideas pop into your head?
I either use the notes application in my phone if I am not near a computer or if I am on a computer I will use Evernote. I love it. I have so many ideas and thoughts and plotlines started I'll never be able to write them all.

Is there anything you wish to say to your readers?
For those still following me as I have been rather silent in the last couple of years, thank you. I also want to say that I'm sorry for being such a slacker and I am trying to schedule more time to write.

When writing, how do you keep track of timelines, ideas, inspiration and such? By notes on the computer, a notebook perhaps?
I tend to do a lot of "pantsing", but I will track certain things I want to keep in mind as I move forward with the story. Or other ideas to maybe implement later on. In that instance, it's always Evernote. It's cloud-based so I can't lose it. I love how easy it is to create new notebooks and new notes within those notebooks in the platform.

What has been the defining moment in your career that made you think “Yes, I am now a writer!”?
I think this came when I saw my very own "Touch Me Gently" was number 2 on most listened to erotica books on Audiblebooks.com next to 50 Shades of Grey. It's been about 8 years now since my first book was published and it's still unbelievable sometimes.


If a movie or TV production company chose to produce your books into a series of shows or movies, who would your ideal cast be?
I would do just about anything to see "Touch Me Gently" made into a movie. I can see Chris Hemsworth or Josh Lucas as Logan. I don't really know who would suit Kaden really. Someone who is slender or lanky perhaps. I'm not as familiar with younger actors currently in the limelight now.


Now let's check out Blue Christmas



Genre: Romance Contemporary Gay

Buy Links:
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/909631
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KY576HC?ref_=pe_3052080_276849420

Blurb:
Christmas used to be a time of joy for me, but since my mother's death three years ago the holiday has lost all meaning, becoming nothing but a harsh reminder of what I've lost. I've become bitter and skeptical of everyone around me, and the cold aloofness has kept me from being hurt that deeply again. But this year the thought of yet another blue Christmas alone sends me on a path that will change my life forever.

 Excerpt:
Somehow, I managed to fall into a restless sleep and before I knew it the nurse came in to wake me up and bring me breakfast. I scowled at her as she raised my bed and set the tray on the table before me. I grimaced at the dried out eggs and hard toast. There was no way I'd eat this so I just pushed the table away. "Where are my clothes?" I demanded of her.
"They're in the closet over by the bathroom, dear. Everything you came in with is in there." She made a notation on my chart at the foot of my bed and then left the room.
I wanted to be gone before Carter got there. I slid from the bed, gripping the back of the gown closed. Cold air slipped under the hem and I winced at how chilly the tile felt on my feet. Everything was where she’d said. I bundled my clothes together and headed into the bathroom to get dressed. Maybe I underestimated Carter because when I came back out, he sat in the same chair from last night, a magazine propped open on one knee.
He looked up and smiled. "Ah, good, you're already dressed. I took the liberty of going into your apartment and grabbing a coat for you since you were brought in without one last night. Also the little girl who lives next door to you wanted me to tell you Simba is okay and she'll take care of him until you get home."
I tightened my lips into a flat line. "I'm not going anywhere with you. I'll take a cab home."
"Don't be ridiculous. I'm already here and besides we have to stop at the lot and pick out a tree. Oh, I went by my parents' house and snagged some of their decorations. My mom has so much of them she insisted I take some of hers." Carter stood and held out the jacket. It was my favorite one, the one my mom had given me the year before she started to get sick. Though a little worn in some places, it still provided enough warmth against the chilly winds and snow.
"Thank you," I said stiffly. "But I really don't need a tree or decorations."
Once again, he didn't listen to me and waved away my refusal. "You can make me dinner on Christmas Eve and we'll call it even."
I shook my head and started to tell him no once again when the door opened and one of the orderlies came in with a wheelchair. "I can walk," I protested.
"Hospital policy. Please have a seat, Mr. Lords. You'll be out of here in no time." The orderly gestured to the wheelchair.
With a sigh, I gave in and settled into it, embarrassed once again. Carter just silently followed along, a smile on his face. Once the papers were signed and I was outside of the front doors, I got out of the chair. I stepped in the direction of the nearest taxi, but Carter grabbed my arm and led me toward the parking garage. "I can walk on my own," I said, disturbed at his touch and nearness.
"Of course you can. I just wanted to make sure you were heading the right direction," he soothed. He stopped at a red pickup truck, unlocked the passenger door and opened it, waiting for me to get in. I glared at him, but slipped into the front seat. I breathed a sigh of relief to be out of the cold air, huddling deeper into my jacket.
Carter loped around the front of the truck and slid into the driver's seat. Christmas music played from the speakers when the engine started. I crossed my arms and turned my head to stare out of the window as he drove.



BIO:
J.R. Loveless is a native Floridian who spends her days in an office physically, but mentally is frolicking between the pages of her imagination. Writing has been a lifelong passion for J.R. and she has pursued it from an early age, even winning awards in school and finally beginning her life as a published author in 2010.
She is a self-confessed Potterhead spending her days with her three furbabies and enjoying the major chapters on her long journey through life. One day she hopes to visit far off places and have grand adventures like those of the characters in her stories.

Contact Info:

Blog: http://jrloveless.blogspot.com

Website: http://www.jrloveless.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theJRLoveless

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/jrloveless

IG: https://www.instagram.com/jrloveless/

Email: jrloveless@gmail.com


No comments:

New Release Spotlight: Kelli A. Wilkins' A Thousand Summer Secrets

  Hi everyone! I’m pleased to announce the release of my fourth gay romance, A Thousand Summer Secrets . This tender contemporary romanc...