Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Character Spotlight with author Michal Scott


Please give a warm welcome to Queen Esther Payne from Better To Marry Than To Burn by Michal Scott today as we sit down and see what makes him tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author?
I’m a freeborn Black woman, born in to one of the wealthier Black families in Philadelphia. Michal became fascinated by W.E.B. DuBois landmark 1899 study, The Philadelphia Negro. She’d always been a student of African-American life in the North, before and after the Civil War. DuBois’ study got her musing on what life was like for a woman from my background. Despite my family’s social standing in the African-American community and my level of education, she wondered what options I really had, what pressures I had to face that would make me choose to become an ex-slave’s mail-order bride. The more she wondered, the more she was able to zero in on me.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate?
If I said his mind, I’d be lying. I’m bi-sexual, preferring women over men, so I felt sure I’d be able to stick to our sex-only-as necessary bargain with ease. But then I set eyes on Caesar. My imagination went wild picturing how good he’d look in the throes of passion, shouting my name. He also displayed genuine wit and humor that I made him increasingly irresistible, despite my haughty attempts to keep him at a distance.

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner(s)?
I don’t know if it was the wildest, but it certainly was the riskiest. The wagon was stopped on the open road half way to his farm. I opened Caesar’s fly and took his manhood in hand, stroked him until he was good and hard. We’d just come from the wedding ceremony and weren’t that far from the church. The minister who married us and the woman who witnessed our ceremony could have come upon us. The possibility of being caught added a delicious thrill to pleasuring him. By the way, I was right. Passion looked good on him.

Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man?
After that hand job? Definitely commando. He’d had some kind of brief on that made it easy to massage him, but I’m going to burn it so nothing let him put on underwear ever again.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick they can do to seduce you?
Join me at the dinner table naked.

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed?
The heel of his palm. Imagine that! I discovered it quite by accident during a little bit of foreplay. I bit him there and despite his protestation, he became aroused. I saw it gleaming in his eyes, heard it in the way he panted and swore as he looked at me. It was just a little nip, but it was like ringing a fight bell. I wonder if I’d bit him really hard, would he have been able to control himself? I wonder if I would have been able to control myself.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing things your author did to you in Better to Marry than Burn?
She made me admit I like submission. Given the era in which I live, women are expected to defer to men. Even White women in many ways are treated either like children or property. Because of these societal attitudes, I’ve always made sure I was in control, but deep down I longed to have someone else in charge. When Caesar and I finally went at it, I loved being overpowered, love being spanked, loved being bound and gagged, loved having no choice but to submit to him. It was so freeing.

Q: Anything else you would like to add?

Just how wonderful it was to have my best laid plans undermined by Caesar’s better laid ones so I could get what I really wanted: a chance at real love.

Thank you Queen for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. You can find all of Michal Scott’s books at The Wild Rose Press and on Amazon.


Better to Marry than Burn
The Wild Rose Press
Historical BDSM Romance
Available at Amazon

Wife Wanted: Marital relations as necessary. Love not required nor sought...

A bridal lottery seems the height of foolishness to ex-slave Caesar King, but his refusal to participate in the town council’s scheme places him in a bind. He has to get married to avoid paying a high residence fine or leave the Texas territory. After losing his wife in childbirth, Caesar isn’t ready for romance. A woman looking for a fresh start without any emotional strings is what he needs.

Queen Esther Payne, a freeborn black from Philadelphia, has been threatened by her family for her forward-thinking, independent ways. Her family insists she marry. Her escape comes in the form of an ad. If she must marry, it will be on her terms. But her first meeting with the sinfully hot farmer proves an exciting tussle of wills that stirs her physically, intellectually, and emotionally.
In the battle of sexual one-upmanship that ensues, both Caesar and Queen discover surrender can be as fulfilling as triumph. 

No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...