Monday, July 23, 2018

Book Review- Cottage By The Sea by Debbie Macomber

A stirring tale of a woman who loses everything and finds the peace she craves even as she finds love with a gentle giant of a man in a small town.

My Rating for Cottage by the Sea: 4.5 Stars

Cottage by the Sea is available at Amazon


Annie Marlow was living the life she wanted in Los Angeles when tragedy struck and changed it forever. After eighteen months of trying to move on and get out from the fog of grief and despair, she finds peace in the small town of Oceanside, Washington, where she has many memories of vacationing with her family growing up. With new friends, a job she is beginning to enjoy and more, this small town finds its way to heal a shattered woman when she thought all was lost. Now with romance on the horizon with the gentle giant, Seth Keaton, Annie finds her life is beginning to turn yet again when an opportunity drops in her lap. Will she leave the peace and security of Oceanside to take this opportunity or will she stay nestled in the safety that she has come to cherish?

Debbie Macomber delivers a strong and emotional story that will tear at your heart in more ways than ever in COTTAGE BY THE SEA. With her trademark writing style, she delivers a story that is full of heart and at times lots of pain though tinged with hope. I loved this new release by one of my favorite authors. She created a story that is at times quite emotional, loving and with a sweep of her pen, romantic as well. When I first met Annie, she was full of life, hope and delight, determined to have a four-day weekend with her friends, to have fun without family obligations getting in her way. In all reality, a typical twenty-something who thinks she has the whole world to get to the heart of things later. As many know, life sometimes doesn’t deliver all rainbows and sunshine, especially when tragedy strikes. Annie made me love her and I in turn loved how she was able to finally breath, find peace and a chance to love once more. The small town of Oceanside worked its magic on Annie and I found it so irresistible. I was longing to see if this special town was real just to visit it one day. With each page I read, I was sucked not Annie’s story, of her coming to grips with her loss and finding her new normal; grieving yet also finding peace that has eluded her for over a year. The story flows so smoothly I didn’t know I was at the end of the book until I turned the page and saw there was nothing left of Annie, Keaton and their friends story.

Ms. Macomber delivers a story that is at once powerful yet charming. A story that will stay with you long after you are done with the book. The characters made me laugh, cry, smile and sigh. I loved meeting Annie, Keaton and the residents of Oceanside so very much. Ms. Macomber has a knack to creating a story that leaves you breathless and longing for more. If you haven’t tried one of her books before, this is a perfect introduction into her writing. I do want to point out you may need a box of tissues at times as you fall into Annie’s life and loss.  COTTAGE BY THE SEA is a fast-paced story that will leave you with a smile in your heart and on your face. I look forward to seeing where this author goes next as I know I won’t be disappointed with her next story.

This is an objective review and not an endorsement

No comments:

Book Blast and Giveaway: Fox Hounds by Lia Connor

Title :  Fox Hounds Author : Lia Connor Publisher : Changeling Press Cover Artist: Renee' George Release Date : March 15, 2024 He...