Monday, March 14, 2016

Character Spotlight with August Kert and their hero, Anson

Please give a warm welcome to Anson from Bring Me To Life by August Kert today as we sit down and see what makes him/her tick.

What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re not saving (the world, clients, your mate)?

I don’t save…the world. My kind, the zombies, have…destroyed it. We live in death or…the promise of death. My escape is through…books. I can’t read, but…I do look at…pictures and wonder…who and what…the people are.

What is it about your love interest Lyric that makes you crazy in a good way?

Lyric is a fighter but…not just physically. Every word that…comes out of…her mouth is a challenge. That’s what first…drew me to her. She’s fascinating even when…she’s killing zombies. But more than her…strength, she makes…me feel emotions I…didn’t know I…could, and she feels them…with me.

Do you sometimes want to strangle your writer? Thrash her/him to within an inch of their life? Make them do the stupid crap they makes you do?

No, because she created…my world, and while being…a zombie isn’t a choice…I would have…made, it brought Lyric and I…together. I’m thankful for…that. Although August could…have taken away…some of the awkwardness, given me some…idea for slang…and not given me a…stutter.

Favorite food?

Human. I prefer clean. Sweat…makes the skin taste…bitter.

Tell me a little bit about your world. What are your greatest challenges in that world?

Since turning into…a zombie, I don’t…know much about…the outside world. I live in an…old school. Dust is everywhere, desks are…broken and pushed…around. From what I can…see, the world…is dead. Humans are rare, so zombies…capture them and…keep them until…it’s time…to eat. We must do…whatever it takes…to survive. Our biggest…struggle is survival. If we go hungry, we…begin to rot. We’ll die. But there aren’t…enough humans to…stop it. Rot will get…all of us one day.

Describe yourself in four words.

Curious, hopeful, protective, determined

What do you do for a living?

In the school, I…help oversee…the humans while they…do chores.

What do you fear the most?

It’s always been rot…and my memories…never returning, but…now that I…have Lyric…I’m afraid of…her dying. I will…do whatever it…takes to keep her…alive.



Plan to survive: befriend a monster. Not in the plan: falling in love with him.

As one of the few humans left alive, Lyric knows a hundred different ways to survive—none of them pretty. Anything to stay out of the “farms” where the not-so-mindless zombies keep humans they eat to prevent themselves from rotting.

But humans have to eat too. While foraging for food, she’s captured and taken to a farm. Her fate seems sealed—until she notices one of the zombies watching her with a different kind of hunger in his eyes.

Anson clings to the hope that he can somehow overcome the disease that turned him into a cannibal. Lyric stirs needs and desires he’s forgotten he had, and her fighting spirit brings back the ragged edge of a past that long ago slipped from his memory.

When Anson offers moments of freedom in exchange for her help, Lyric grabs the chance to survive. She never thought her emotions would cast a very different light on the monster…or that desire would complicate her plan to escape.

Warning: Contains a hopeless romantic zombie trying to find his humanity, and a plucky heroine desperate for a way out—even if it’s down a zombie’s pants. Not for the faint of heart…or the squeamish. Let’s just say kissing is off the menu.

Links
Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Bring-Me-Life-August-Kert-ebook/dp/B00WYTF3AM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457496893&sr=8-1&keywords=august+kert

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bring-me-to-life-sat-aug-01-00-00-00-cdt-2015-kert/1121848545?ean=9781619229907#productInfoTabs

All Romance eBooks: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-bringmetolife-1918101-344.html

Excerpt (paranormal erotic romance)
After I finished with all of the fish, I scraped the guts to the edge of the table. “Anson, here they are.” I twirled a finger through my hair before yanking it back. A bloody, fish-smelling finger in my hair. What an ass.
He took the guts and threw them over the side of the roof. He returned, a confused expression on his face.
I smiled while shaking my hips. “Thank you.”
His brows furrowed. “What wrong?”
“What do you mean?”
“Act weird. You flirt?”
Shit. I could feel the blood drain from my face. I thought I was coming off smoothly. “No, I just wanted to show you how much your kindness means to me.”
“I not healthy…human and…I know bad flirt.”
There wasn’t a large enough hole for me to crawl into. Heat ignited in my cheeks. It wasn’t possible for him to know my plan. Definitely the wrong movies. I pinched the bridge of my nose. “Okay, spill. How did you know?”
“Max. Woman try with him.”
I stomped my foot. Someone had already attempted it, and she’d messed it up for me. But at least I wasn’t the only sick fuck to come up with that plan. “Okay, I’ll stop.” How much could I tell him? None. “Sorry, Anson, I thought men liked that.”
He reached up to touch me again, but stopped. “I like fight. Strong.”
I chuckled. “Glad you think so. But a girl in the pit with me said that fighting will get me noticed, and not in a good way. So, I have to play nice.”
He nodded. “I make pick other. You safe.”
“For now.” He might be willing to watch out for me today, but tomorrow was a different story. I meant nothing to him but a way to remember his past. And he meant nothing to me but a possible way out. The idea seemed more plausible the longer I spent with him. Anson had a weakness for me, for humans. Being flirty was a bad move, but I could act like a friend. Maybe if he thought I cared for him, he’d help me.
Flirting was terrible. Being natural and using my skills, in this case the strength he loved, would come much easier. A different kind of charm.
“For now,” Anson repeated. He waited as if he couldn’t decide something. Then he said, “I give you…present.”
I cocked a brow at him. “You’re giving me a present? I’m guessing it’s not a diamond ring.”


No comments:

New Release Spotlight: Kelli A. Wilkins' A Thousand Summer Secrets

  Hi everyone! I’m pleased to announce the release of my fourth gay romance, A Thousand Summer Secrets . This tender contemporary romanc...