Monday, October 6, 2014

Talking with Ishabelle Torry

Talking with author Ishbelle Torry today about her new release, The Gift, now available at Breathless Press.

Can you please tell us about your latest/upcoming book(s)?

My newest release The Gift, features a married couple celebrating their tenth anniversary! Sheryl, the normally predictable heroine, decides she wants nothing more than to give her husband, Daniel, the gift of gifts—something more than the average tie and shirt. However, her rash decision to have a nude portrait commissioned leaves her dashing at the last moment to hide it, wishing she'd stuck to the traditional presents of the past. 

How did you come with the idea for this story?

*Blushes and coughs into fist* I have a friend…yea a friend…that thought about posing nude for a painting for her husband. *guilty grin*

Who is your ultimate "book boy/girlfriend"? You know, that hottie you read about and drool over.

Oh goodness…I think I fall in love with every hero, and a few heroines, I read! So this week's book boy is…*pouts* Don't make me pick!

Who is your Celebrity crush? And what would you do if you ever meet them?

HMMM… Michael Weatherly. He's so scrumptious. If NCIS were a real thing, I'd commit a crime so his character Anthony DiNozzo could arrest me, because he'd have to touch me! And there'd be cuffs involved…

As for meeting him in real life? HAH! I’d make a fool of myself, I'm sure. When I'm nervous, I tend to talk a LOT, and stumble around. He's likely to call the cops and report me as a drunken stalker! (You wouldn’t believe how many typos I had just thinking about it!)

If you could collaborate with another author on a secret project, who would you pick to work with and why? 


Ohhh, Ember Leigh, for sure! Not only is she bestester author friend, she's my favourite contemporary author. I think together we'd pen an amazing story! 

The Gift by Ishbelle Torry
Breathless Press 
Flirt/Erotic Romance
Available at Publisher

When their tenth anniversary comes around, Sheryl wants to make it special for Daniel. Something crazy, extraordinary, and completely out of her persona. Her solution--a nude portrait. But on the way home, self-doubt leaves her wishing she'd stuck to the same old ties and shirts of the past. The painting must go! Only one problem...Daniel's home earlier than expected! It's no-holds-barred as Sheryl frantically tries to hide the foolish gift. Can she play distract-the-hubby long enough before he catches a glimpse?

Teaser:

My chest tightened, and I had to take slow, calming breaths to steady my quivering limbs as I maintained eye contact. I had waited years for this moment; defeating modesty with a blatant desire to shed the snow from its covered mountain peak. I prayed I wouldn't pass out before the overdue climax reached fruition.
His tongue darted out and he licked the corners of his mouth hungrily, squinting in concentration. "One more touch," he promised with a whisper. He then threw his head back and bellowed. "Finished!"
I pulled the sheets over my nudity, suddenly embarrassed. My clammy palms smeared the soft fabric with wet streaks as I wrung the material between shaky fingers. I waited for him to speak—to say anything. With pursed lips, he occasionally produced a clicking sound as his tongue bounced off of his front teeth.
I willed his words to come. But silence was the one thing I found to be the most charming of his many qualities. Without words, he couldn't criticize me...or my newest fetish. My endeavor was safe with this almost mime.
He grunted loudly and twisted his body back and forth. A long stretch pulled him to his tiptoes as his head fell back to blow kisses at the popcorn ceiling. He lowered his gaze slowly and devoured my form from crown to toe, like a lion inspecting his prey. The deep blue of his eyes hid his thoughts, just as the ocean concealed buried treasure.


Ishabelle Torry is a full time mother, wife and student. She enjoys time with her family, and their plethora of pets on the farm. In her spare time, she is constantly dreaming of characters and the worlds they are found in. Occasionally, Ishabelle has been known to argue with her characters and bribe them with cookies when they have a wayward moment.

You can find Ishabelle on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/IshabelleTorry
Or Follow on Twitter @ishabelletorry

No comments:

New Release Spotlight: The Good Ones are Taken

  THE GOOD ONES ARE TAKEN Author: Taj McCoy ISBN: 9780778305422 Publication Date: Publisher: MIRA 18.99 US | 23.99 CAN   When Magg...