Friday, September 13, 2013

Welcome Joyce Proell Today

Thank you, Dawn, for inviting me to the Reading Nook this morning.

To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out?

In December, A Burning Truth, the second book in the Cady Delafield series, will be released. This book follows A Deadly Truth which came out in July, 2013.  Also, I’m working on the second draft of a romance set in 1777 about two spies, working for opposing sides, that fall in love.  It’s quite an adventure.

How would you describe yourself using only five words?

Realistic, Curious, Creative, Happy and Moral

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.

I didn’t start to write until I was forty-six. Prior to that, I’d never considered it even so much as writing a short paragraph. But in retrospect, I can see there were signs I had a writer lurking inside. I wrote a blog piece about those signs on August 29 at The Writer’s Vineyard. Here’s the link if anyone is interested. Who knows, you might have a writer inside too. http://thewritersvineyard.com/

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?

I don’t. I won’t afford myself the luxury or excuse to write or not write based on mood. Writing is my job and my love. I write five days a week, sometimes on the weekends, too, if I’m at home.

If someone hasn’t read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?

Eliza would be my choice. It’s a lovely story about a woman discovering her self-worth and the possibility of a second chance at love.

Do you have a book that was easiest to write or one that was the hardest?

A Deadly Truth was the trickiest book so far. When writing a romantic suspense/ mystery, it’s important to maintain the proper balance between the romance and mystery elements and still keep the pace lively.  

If you were to replenish your cabinets with one junk food, what would it be?  

That’s easy to answer. Tortilla chips.  I like the Hint of Lime kind. I dip them in pineapple peach salsa.


Dawn, thanks for hosting me today. It was fun being here today. 

A Deadly Truth   
Genre: Historical Romantic Suspense

Blurb:
A man obsessed, a woman willing to risk it all…

When Doyle Flanagan finds two strangers in his library—one dead and the other the beautiful but meddlesome Cady Delafield, his life begins to unravel as all clues point to him for the murder. As the sexual tension sizzles and Victorian conventions crumble, Cady risks job, reputation and family ties to help him clear his name. Even as his life hangs in the balance, his passion for her drives him on, but will the truth about him be the one thing to scare her away?

Excerpt:

“I don’t know who killed her, but I intend to find out.”
Her brows rose challenged by his words. “Nor will I rest until Fiona’s killer is found.”
A groan formed deep in his throat. “We aren’t back to this again, are we? Tell me you don’t intend to do Middendorf’s job.”
She shifted her body to the side and the tempting sight of high, rounded breasts made him swallow hard.
“Of course not.”
He leaned toward her, planted his elbows on the tiny, square table. Embedded in her green eyes were the most remarkable gold filaments. “Of course you wouldn’t,” he murmured projecting a voice smoother than silk. He allowed several moments to lapse. “What are you not saying, Miss Delafield?”
She lifted her chin and gave a brisk tug to the hem of her short jacket. It made a popping noise. “I have a responsibility to the school and the students.”
“This is not your fight.” Somehow, he needed to contain her; to lead her away from this foolish but heroic quest she set for herself. “Murder is a nasty concern, but I need not remind you. You seem an intelligent woman. Let those familiar with the sordid nature of murder and crime do their work.”
“Like you? Are you familiar with the sordid nature of murder?”
Anger roiled in his gut. His fingers itched to yank her off the stiff wooden chair. And then what?
Kiss her. He wanted to kiss her long and deep until she panted against him, and begged him to stop.
He bounded off the chair and chased the absurd urge from his mind with a quick jab of fingers through his hair. Breathing hard, he spun around and glared. She met his gaze, defiant, but behind it fear lurked as certain as the bobbling feather in her hat. He barked a sarcastic laugh. My God. She was as opinionated and bull-headed as him.

A Deadly Truth is available at Champagne Books @ http://www.champagnebooks.com/ or http://www.amazon.com and all other major book stores.
To learn more about my books, visit me @ http://www.joyceproell.com or like me @ http://www. facebook.com/AuthorJoyceProell

No comments:

New Release Spotlight: The Good Ones are Taken

  THE GOOD ONES ARE TAKEN Author: Taj McCoy ISBN: 9780778305422 Publication Date: Publisher: MIRA 18.99 US | 23.99 CAN   When Magg...