Sunday, August 25, 2013

Welcome Author Tamara Hoffa


Welcome to my Reading Nook, Tamara Hoffa. Please make yourself at home and let my cabana boys/girls get you a drink.

Comfortable? Wonderful. Now let’s get started.

To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out?
I am currently working on two novellas and Have notes for a short holiday story. The first novella is a contemporary romance called A special Kind of Love.  The second is a collaboration with my BFF Beverly Ovalle, and is my first attempt at paranormal romance, It is a story about dragon shifter Chicago firefighters and is hopefully book one in a series, Windy City Dragons.

 If we asked your muse to describe you using five words, what do you think they would say?
Crazy, emotional, perfectionist, sensitive, romantic


Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.
I was an American Quarter Horse Youth Champion in Showmanship and Western Pleasure

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I love where I live, in central Tennessee. But if I could live anywhere in the world, I’d love to try Austrailia. 

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?
 I only have two releases out, and I love them both. I guess I would say start with the first, Heart of a Soldier.

Where do you find the inspirations for your stories?
 I find inspiration everywhere! A song I hear, a memory, something a friend says, a billboard. Inspiration abounds!

Are your characters able to love or do they need to be taught?
My characters so far love with their whole hearts, but who knows about the ones still rattling around in my brain.

Do you have a book that was easiest to write or one that was the hardest?
A Special Kind of Love has been difficult for me, for two reasons. First, it’s the longest story I have written so far, so I had to adjust my writing style form short story to novella. Secondly, the heroine, Sharon Daily, is the mother of an autistic child. I am the mother of an autistic child, and while I want to stress this is not my story, writing it was very emotional.

If you could collaborate with one author who would it be? 
 This is a terribly hard question! I have many dear friends who are authors and many more that I admire greatly. But, if I had to choose just one, I guess I would pick Laura Kaye. I adore her writing style and I think (hope) our styles are similar, I would love to collaborate with her.

Coffee, tea or other drink to get you moving in the morning? 
 Morning, noon and night it’s coffee for me. I am a bit of a coffeeholic!

What is coming up from you in 2013? Anything you want to tease us with?
My latest release came out on May 29, Roping Love

Blurb:
Ten Years ago love slipped through Chance’s lasso. This time “He was going after her and she didn’t stand a chance, just like a calf in a chute, he was going to rope her with his love and ride back into her life.”
Carrie Stewart is a dedicated horsewoman. She runs a successful breeding and training program. She is a good friend, a good sister and a favorite aunt, but she has been burned by love. Carrie has never gotten over her first love, Chance Ryan. After ten years of absence Chance shows back up in her life. Should she risk her heart again, with the man who left it broken at her feet in the past? Chance has some serious work ahead of him to win back the one woman he could never forget.

I don’t have a contract on A Special Kind of Love Yet, But I am hoping it will be out before the end of 2013,

Blurb:
A divorced school teacher, estranged from her family, wants to start over. Sharon Daily moves to Freewill, Wyoming with her ten year old autistic son, Aaron. New home, new job, new start on their new life.
Tanner West, the Fire Chief of Freewill, seems to have it all. Great job, loving family, and any woman he wants to warm his bed at night. But, Tanner is ready for more than someone to share his bed. He wants someone to share his life. And Sharon really lights his fire.
Making a life with Sharon will require A Special Kind of Love.


Anything else you want to add? 

Buy links Roping Love:
Secret Cravings Publishing: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=4&products_id=584
Bookstrand: http://www.bookstrand.com/roping-love

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Roping-Love-ebook/dp/B00CO9R68O/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1368021740&sr=1-1&keywords=Roping+Love
All Romance E-books: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-ropinglove-1190964-149.html
Buy links Heart of a Soldier:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Heart-of-a-Soldier-ebook/dp/B009FBK5WS/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1368661973&sr=1-2&keywords=heart+of+a+soldier
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/heart-of-a-soldier-tamara-hoffa/1113574219?ean=2940044998056
All Romance E-books: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-heartofasoldier-945734-149.html




Tamara Hoffa lives in central Tennessee, with her husband of 30 years, her three grown children, two grandchildren, 5 dogs and 1 cat. Tamara started reading when she was four years old and has rarely been seen without a book at hand since. At home you will usually find her in “nana’s chair” with her kindle, her laptop or one of her precious, precocious grandson’s in her lap. Tamara is a reviewer, a professional reader and can now add author to her repertoire.  Tamara is proof positive that it’s never too late to reach for your dreams.


Contact Links:
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/AuthorTamaraHoffa
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/TamaraHoffa
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6537898.Tamara_Hoffa
Blog: http://sslyblog.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...