Monday, March 25, 2013

Welcome Pelaam today


Welcome to my Reading Nook, Pelaam Please make yourself at home and let my cabana boys/girls get you a drink.

Cool. Chilled Chardy for me.

Comfortable? Wonderful. Now let’s get started.

To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out? 

Where to start is the bigger question. I have another of my Once Upon a Future reworked fairy tales due to come out next month with Silver Publishing. It’s entitled Red. I have a couple more in mind to do; a reworking of Golidlocks and The Princess and the Goblin. I have an alternate reality steampunk set in Arabia, one with an Ancient Greece setting, and another in my Demonica series, all demanding my attention.

How would you describe yourself using only five words? 

Loyal, laid-back, perfectionist, imaginative, sensual

If you could write a warning label for yourself as a person or an author, what would it say? 

If you light the blue touch-paper, be prepared to stand well back.

Do you have any guilty pleasures? 

Chocolate and wine – not necessarily in that order…

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you. 
I’m a huge Scooby-Doo fan. Books, DVDs clothes, various toys and figures. They’re all over my house.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? 

Right here in New Zealand. It’s a beautiful country, very laid back. I love it here.

How do you get yourself in the mood to write? 

I have a cup of tea at my side, occasionally it’s a glass of Chardonnay, or a rose wine in summer. I put on a favourite DVD, I hate silence, and music is too distracting. I have my reference books in easy reach, and settle with my laptop.

Can you share with us your typical writing day.  Is there anything you have to have while writing? 

I write after I get home from work. So I like to have a drink of some kind to help me relax. I usually check my e-mails first to see if I have edits to do, or any messages to answer.

Who are some of your favorite authors? 

Geoff Knight, J L Langley, Dean Koontz

What is in your To Read Pile that you are dying to start or upcoming release you can’t wait for? 

Kendall McKenna’s Strength of the Pack

Is there something special you do to celebrate when one of your books is released? 

I go out for a meal to celebrate. I’m a big foodie.

Do you have a favorite TV show you can't miss? 

No. I rarely watch TV, but when I do it’s sport or cookery.

If you could date any character from any book, who would it be and why-no it doesn't have to be from your books?

Now that’s a toughie. Can we skip that one?

What is the strangest source of writing inspiration you’ve ever had?

I read a single line from a fairy tale about a feather, and that led to the creation of the worlds and characters of Firebird.

If your muse were to talk behind your back, what secrets would he/she tell?

Typical Gemini, flits between stories, and doesn’t write in any particular order.

Anything else you want to add? 



*******
Teaser from Enchanted by Pelaam
 Fantasy, Gay, Lesbian, Romance

A re-telling of a well-known tale—with a twist.

Prince Lucien has been betrothed to Princess Evania from her birth. When his sister, Isabella, is born, she is immediately betrothed to Evania's younger brother, Teige.

On the day of her christening, Isabella falls victim to a curse from the black witch, Caera, but instead of death, the white mage, Marged, makes the curse one where Isabella will sleep until wakened by true love's kiss.

Despite the precautions taken, Isabella falls under Caera's curse, as does Teige and Lucien, Evania and Dashiell are the only ones who can save them. They must defeat Caera to reach them. But whose kiss will awaken the Sleeping Beauties?


Teaser excerpt:

The courtier's clipped tones stopped both young men, and Lucien glowered at him. He knew the man to be one of Finlay's advisors, and he did not like the look in the man's eyes.
"Prince Teige…" Lucien began, only to have the older man raise a hand to stop him.
"You are to go to King Finlay. Immediately," came the terse response.
Lucien bristled. He was a Crown Prince and not used to being ordered by others. However, arguing with one of Finlay's minions would not get him the answers he craved. He whirled angrily and stormed towards the study, Dashiell a few steps behind, the auburn-haired man's own curses testimony to his cousin's level of frustration.
He knocked perfunctorily and strode inside. The knot in his stomach expanded as he saw the cold fury on the face of his lover's father and the pale-faced Evania standing to his side.
"How could you take advantage of my son? Seduce him? You knew he is betrothed to Isabella, just as you are to Evania," Finlay demanded.
"I never seduced Teige," Lucien countered angrily. "Never."
"Never?" Finlay bellowed, surging to his feet, his face red with fury. "My son refused to go to your castle. He did not want to go to meet his betrothed—instead he wanted to wait here for you. He tried to tell me you and he are in love. In the end I sent him, under guard, with his mother to meet Princess Isabella."
"I have to go," Lucien said, his own face now as pale as Evania's. But even as he turned, his father and Marged blocked his way. He could only assume the mage had used magic to bring them to Finlay's palace. It mattered not. Only Teige mattered.
"You will stay here and leave Teige to get to know his bride-to-be, Lucien. Your behaviour has brought shame to me. You have a destiny to fulfil with Evania at your side. How could you lead Teige astray, letting him believe you loved him?" his father asked.
"I do love him," Lucien shouted, tears burned behind his closed lids. "I have always loved him. As a baby, as a child, as a youth, then as a man—and he loves me. I cannot say when we knew we loved each other as lovers, but we do. Evania does not love me as a future husband any more than I desire her as a wife."
"Evania will do as she is commanded," Finlay growled, and glowered at him. "I have indulged her in the past, but I will not permit such foolishness to destroy what your father and I strived so long to create: our two kingdoms united by marriage."
"I will not marry Lucien," Evania said, her voice an angry hiss to Lucien's ears. He did not think he had ever seen or heard Evania so furious. Her eyes flashed with anger as she moved to join him and Dashiell.

No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...