Saturday, September 22, 2012

Meet Jason Kennly from Bound: Forget Me Knot by H.B. Pattskyn


Please give a warm welcome to Jason Kennly from Bound: Forget Me Knot by H.B. Pattskyn today as we sit down and see what makes him/her tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author?

H.B. definitely has a thing for “cute little fanboys”—which was not the look I was going for. But I guess when you’ve been around the sci fi con scene for a few years, anyone under 25 is “cute”. Or maybe it was that I was parading around in a fishnet shirt and she could see my nipple rings! She is a self-professed “dirty old lady”, you know (even if I don’t think 43 is old.)

H.B. didn’t start going to cons until she was 23; I attended my first sci fi con, ConFusion, when I was 14. That was about eight years ago. Since then, I’ve made it just about every Detroit-area con, every year. (We have three, ConClave, ConFusion, and Penguicon.) I love cons, and con culture. When I’m there, I can be myself, I can dress how I want, act how I want, and nobody looks at me like I’m the weird or anything. In the real world, I’m just a freak; I never fit in anywhere. Or at least, that’s how I felt before I met my Henry. He totally changed my life for the better. Now I can be who I want all the time. In fact, it’s pretty mandatory—and believe me, Henry can be really creative when it comes to enforcing the rules!

I’m what Henry calls a real natural submissive; from where I’m sitting (which is usually at his feet), I just like to make other people happy. I guess that’s why I never stood up to my father, never told him that if I was paying for my own school, I was going to take the classes I wanted to. I seriously sucked at Web design!


Q: What was it that drew you to your mate?

Don’t tell Henry I said this, but the very first thing I noticed—other than his chest, which is the first thing I saw—were his dimples. Dimples just give a guy’s face so much personality—and believe me, Henry has personality to spare!

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner(s)?

Over the phone. I’d never tried phone sex before I meet Henry, but when your boyfriend lives seven hours away, I guess you have to get a little creative. (It worked, too, I got him off in like record time!)

Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man?

Leather tong. ;-)

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick he/she can play?

All he really has to do is look at me. Henry has these different ways of looking at a person: most of the time it’s with this goofy lop sided grin, sometimes he’s got this mischievous little smirk on his face, but other times, there’s just this fire in his eyes and that gets me every time. That’s the look that tells me he belongs to me as much as I belong to him, never mind that I’m the one wearing the collar! (Oops, maybe I’d better be more careful what I say; according to Henry, “lippy boys get gagged”! Good thing for me he has much better uses for my mouth….)

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed?

You mean besides the obvious?

His mind. Not like with head games or anything, but he loves it when I talk dirty to him. He says he likes being with someone who has their own opinion, who’ll talk back (even if is always telling me what happens to lippy boys!)

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing thing your author did to you in Bound: Forget Me Knot?

I had to sit through dinner with Henry at my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant with… can I say anal beads here? Well, anyway, I’m sure you can figure out what I had to do with them!  I was so sure everyone in the place would somehow know—but no one did.

Q: Anything else you would like to add?

People have this weird idea that belonging to somebody else (you know, consensual slavery, like what me and Henry are doing) means being chained to a guy’s bedpost or something, or maybe being his doormat, but it’s not like that at all. Henry was right when he told me that every relationship has a power dynamic; what makes ours different is that we both knew going in what that dynamic was going to be. I know exactly what he expects from me—and he knows what I need from him. It might not be the right dynamic for everybody, but for us, it’s perfect.

And yeah, it was scary at first, but not because of anything Henry said or did; it was scary because no matter what he wanted me to do, I wanted to do it.  Nothing makes me happier than seeing him smile (you know the one I mean!) or hearing him tell me he’s proud of me. 

Thank you Jason for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. Please find Bound: Forget Me Knot by  H.B. Pettskyn at Dreamspinner Press.

Author bio

Helen Barbara Pattskyn remembers writing her first short story in the second grade—it wasn’t very good, but it was a good start! Growing up as an only child being raised by her grandmother, she preferred to spend time alone in her bedroom reading, writing, and drawing, rather than playing sports or hanging out, like most kids her age.

She started writing fanfiction in her early twenties, in response the dreaded “it didn’t really happen” third season of televisions Beauty and the Beast, and has been writing it ever since. It was only a few years ago that she entered the world of m/m slash—and she hasn’t looked back. As one of her readers put it “boys kissing is hot!”

In addition to being a writer, Helen is an artist and tarot reader. She shares her life with a wonderful man, an occasionally wonderful teenager, two cats who graciously allow her to live in their house and a spoiled rotten xolo dog. She can be found hanging out at science fiction convention in her home state of Michigan. Her website is helenpattskyn.com.



Bound: Forget Me Knot by H.B. Pattskyn
Contemporary BDSM M/M
Dreamspinner Press

Jason Kennly needs to get a closer look when he spots a gray leather collar from across the dealers’ room at a science fiction convention, even if there’s no way he can afford it on his college student budget. After all, looking is free. But then he spots something he wants even more than the collar: leather booth owner Henry Durand, who insists Jason try it on. When Henry asks Jason to be his model at a bondage demo, Jason agrees despite his lack of experience as a sub and ends up spending a no-strings-attached weekend exploring his kinky side with a virtual stranger.

Then the con is over, Jason and Henry go their separate ways, and it’s back to real life. Coming to terms with his identity as a submissive and masochist isn’t easy for Jason. Suddenly he has to face fear, doubt, and a best friend who’ll do anything to get him away from “that creep” and back together with the ex-boyfriend who ignored him. All Jason wants is to be with Henry, but what if that means becoming his slave?

Buy links:


Teaser Excerpt:
Jason checked the time on his iPhone. Exactly fifteen minutes had passed since Henry left him in the ballroom. He hit the Sleep button. Terry had already called twice while he’d been cleaning up, and the last thing he wanted was Terry calling him while he and Henry were… shit. He had no idea what was going to happen tonight. He could guess, but even though he didn’t know what to expect, his whole body thrummed with anticipation. Or maybe it was because he didn’t know that he was so excited.
The elevator doors dinged open, and Jason swiped his sweat-dampened palms down his thighs. His mouth felt cottony, but he’d resisted the urge to get a drink of water at every fountain he passed along the way because he didn’t want to add to the agony of his full bladder. God, he hoped Henry wasn’t into weird pee stuff. That would be a total deal breaker, and that would break his heart. Or at least ruin his evening.
Or maybe it was what exactly Henry said it was: he was holding it because Henry told him to. Which meant that Henry was definitely into D/s, Domination and submission. Jason took a breath and let it out again. Was he into that? He liked getting tied up. He liked it when somebody else took control. He wanted that collar. He hadn’t actually minded kneeling at Henry’s feet.
And he was out of time to think about it. He was standing in front of room number 412, and there was only one thing left to do: knock. Either that or knock, drop the bag, and run.
But if I do that, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life.
Jason rapped his knuckles against the door before he lost his nerve. A fraction of a second later, Henry opened it and greeted him with one of those lopsided grins.
“Nice to see you’re not always late, boy,” he teased. Heat flooded Jason’s cheeks, and Henry chuckled. “You’re way too cute when you blush. C’mon in.”
He stepped aside, admitting Jason into the room. Jason felt like the fly who had been invited into the spider’s parlor. But in he went.
“You can set the bag down with the rest of my gear,” Henry instructed. “Then come over here and strip.”

No comments:

Welcome Kelli A. Wilkins today

  Exclusive Excerpt from A Thousand Summer Secrets A new release by Kelli A. Wilkins www.kelliwilkins.com Hi everyone, Today I’m sha...