Friday, May 4, 2012

My Personal Review for Who We Are by TJ Klune

I fell in love with TJ Klune's Bear, Otter and the Kid and was thrilled to see that their story wasn't ending. In Who We Are, we pick up after BOATK left off and frankly I feel this is one of those series that you need to read multiple times.It is that damn good.


Here is my review for Who We Are, Sequel to BOATK 


My Rating for Who We Are: 5 Stars and Recommended Read



Bear, Otter and the kid survived the summer of revelations, falling in love and secrets. Now they are on track to finally have the life they desire but just because life is running smoothly for a change for these three doesn’t mean life has given them a pass. They still have a battle with kid’s custody hearing; ex’s coming out of the woodwork and family issues to deal with as well. But as these three find out, family isn’t just blood; it’s who defines us as a whole. This is what makes us who we are. 

When I picked up BOATK, I was astounded by the sheer scope of t he story. The characters, the story-line and the plot twists alone had me flipping the pages like mad to see what would happen next. I was up late at night just to see what would happen next for these wonderful complex and flawed characters. 

In Who We Are, we get to see what happened after Bear, Otter and The Kid ended and man, all I can say is WOW. TJ Klune hits another hit out of the park and delivers a story so consuming, so riveting, I was amazed I actually got any sleep at all when I started this one. With each page, the reader is thrust back into Bear's life, full of issues ranging from a custody battle for the kid to finding his place in a world that has changed around him in a blink of an eye. You run the gauntlet of emotions with this one. From laughter over the kid's antics and bad poetry to terror as a plot twist you don't see coming hits you with the force of a F-5 tornado. TJ Klune doesn't pull no punches with this one and takes his readers on a journey alongside Bear, Otter and the kid that is pure magic. 

Who We Are is more of three people figuring out their lives but what defines a 'family'. As Bear, Otter and the kid find out, family is more than those who share the same blood with you. It's friends who have been there-thick and thin, between good times and bad, as well who help define you as a person. As these three find out, family is what you make of it and as the reader finds out as you read Who We Are, that is who makes us who we are as a person. 

If you haven't grabbed Bear, Otter and the Kid (BOATK), then why the heck not? TJ Klune is now on my auto-buy list no matter what now and frankly, you won't go wrong in picking his books up. Be prepared to laugh your ass off, cry a bunch of tears and yell at the book in shock/disbelief, etc. I can  guarantee you won't want to put it down-even to sleep. I can't wait to revisit with these guys again in the next few weeks again. All I can ask this author is, please may we have more?

You can find the e-book and print book at Dreamspinner Press


1 comment:

g8torgrrl said...

I loved BOATK and was thrilled that WWA surpassed my expectations. So many sequels fall flat, but WWA was fantastic!

New Book Review: The Best Life Book Club by Sheila Roberts

  The Best Life Book Club Sheila Roberts Mira Books Release date: May 7th, 2024 Available at Amazon Add to Your Goodreads My Rating for The ...