Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Review for Fate's Second Chance by AJ Jarrett


FATE’S SECOND CHANCE by AJ Jarrett
Twist of Fate Series, Book 1
Silver Publishing
Contemporary M/M, Fantasy, Romance

My Rating for Fate's Second Chance: 3 Stars
Finding out that your soul was put in the wrong body when your guarding angel was off doing other things are something Marie Carter, now named Marc, finds out when he comes back to the land of the living after unexpectedly dying. Now Marc has one month to make his best friend fall in love with him, redeem his guardian angel in the eyes of his superiors and save his fate. Easy, right?

AJ Jarret delivers a unique story in the whole “dying then coming back to live’ plot line. One that had me intrigued after reading the book blurb. She delivers a twist that had me rooting for Marie/Marc to get his happily ever after. This is a new to me author and I found this author’s writing style to be delightful as the story wound itself around me. I wasn’t sure how it would play out with the whole “died a female but come back as a male” line but it worked really well here. 

 
After the first few pages, Marie ceased to exist to my mind and Marc came into full force to me. I loved how the author had Marie’s mannerisms, words, etc transfer over into Marc. He was a wonderful character to get to know. You could see how Marc wanted to have everything work out-get the love of his life, fix everything and live happily ever after…except reality has a way of bitch slapping you when you least expect it. The secondary characters are enjoyable and relatable. I found Shawn and Sabrina to be delightful as Marc’s best friend/soul mate and sister, respectively. I could really relate to their disbelief and amazement once it comes out that marc is not who he says he is. The one thing I had an issue was it was too short. I would have loved to have seen this a bit longer and got more in-depth with everyone but overall, this novella worked just fine for an afternoon of reading pleasure.

AJ Jarrett delivers a cast of unforgettable characters, a fast paced storyline with a touch of humor, sadness and romance mixed in to keep things interesting. I am eager to see what is next for this series and look forward to exploring more of this author’s work in the future.

No comments:

Discover The Brotherhood Vol. 1 by Willa Okati Today!

  Title :  The Brotherhood Vol. 1 Author : Willa Okati Publisher : Changeling Press Release Date : May 2, 2024 Heat Level : 4 - Lots o...