Sunday, November 27, 2011

Welcome Lisa Worrall Today


Welcome to Dawn’s Reading Nook, Lisa Worrall, Please let my cabana boys/girls get you a drink and make yourself at home. Comfortable? Great…now let’s get down to business.

Q: For the readers out there who might not know about you or your work, can you please tell them a little about yourself.

LW: I’m a single mother of two, a six and an eight year old who drive me to distraction, in an English seaside town that boasts the longest pleasure pier in the world ;)  I have an addiction to Pepsi Max and Supernatural and can be found most days with the latest season rolling behind my word documents at the bottom of the screen, so I can type and watch at the same time.  (I know, incredibly sad, but that’s how it is)

Q: How long have you been writing? What got you in to writing?
LW: I’ve been penning stories on and off ever since I could write, but have been doing it seriously for almost two years.  I got into it because RJ Scott had read some of my fanfiction and said that I should submit something, so I did and away we go!

Q: Where do you get your ideas for your stories, characters?
LW: I tend to start out with the names to be honest.  Then the story builds around the names and the characters develop from there.

Q: Are you a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of writer, or do you have to use an outline to put your collective thoughts into some semblance of common sense?
LW: I can never be arsed to write an outline – so definitely seat of the pants, music on, earphones plugged in and they take me where they want to go.

Q: Tell us all about your latest or upcoming release. What inspired it?
LW: My upcoming release is Unshakeable Faith with Dreamspinner Press.  The premise of the story itself, i.e. the whole having amnesia, building a life and then regaining your original memory and forgetting the life you’d made, was inspired by my favorite film of all time… a movie made in 1940 (I think) called Random Harvest, starring Greer Garson and Ronald Coleman.  The rest of the story is mine.
In Unshakeable Faith we have Brody Tyler taking a chance on a man with no name and no memory, giving him a home and a job, and quickly falling in love.  Then their world is ripped apart by a hit and run and Nash’s memory is reset, giving him back the life he lost and erasing his time with Brody.

The fly in the ointment is the fact that Nash is a high powered businessman and it quickly becomes evident that neither of the attacks on him, were accidental.  Entering Brody Tyler, accidental bodyguard, looking for any excuse to be near his lover, who is sure will remember him any minute.  But the longer it takes for Nash to regain his memory… the more attempts on his life that are made… and Brody runs the risk of losing him forever.

Q: If you had super powers, what would they be? Why?
LW:  X-Ray vision and the ability to turn myself into Jensen Ackles’ loofah 

Q: What genre haven’t you tried yet but want to in the future?
LW:  I’m really happy in the M/M genre, I love it.  Although I have a couple of girlfriends bugging me to write some het, so we’ll see.

Q: What is one thing readers might be surprised to know about you?

LW: I could pick out the tennis player, Stefan Edberg’s bottom out of a line up.

Q: If we asked your muse to describe you in three words, what do you think they might say?

LW: Sexy, sassy, bitch.


Q: What authors can be found in your library of books (print, audio or e-books)?

LW:  Ooooh, Stephen King ( I adore Mr King), Sue Brown, Patricia Logan, Andrew Grey, TJ Klune ( who is phenomenal), Lee Brazil and lots of others.

Q: Have any guilty pleasures you want to share with us?

Come Dine With Me…an English show where five strangers each have to cook a meal over five nights and score each other so one of them wins £1000 J

Q: Is there anything you’re currently working on that you can give us a taste of?

My current WIP is sent in the fictitious town of Freedom, Iowa.  Ash Watts is a reporter in LA and his world comes crashing down when his sister, Annie, is killed in a car accident.  He finds himself traveling to Freedom, where he encounters Kaleb Gibson, an honest to God cowboy with the prettiest blue eyes and an attitude, three elderly women known as The Coven, and a small town that opens his eyes and takes him to their hearts.  Not to mention a secret his sister had been keeping from him that will turn his ordered life upside down.

A little teaser…..

“You won’t be hungry for long, there’re some little old ladies inside just waiting to fatten you up.” 
Ash found himself standing on his own and brushed aside the sudden feeling of loss when Kaleb removed his arms and strode back to the truck to grab Ash’s suitcase out of the back.  Following Kaleb up the stone steps to the porch, he raised an eyebrow.  “When you say little old ladies, you mean nice grandmotherly types who want to pinch my cheek and call me dear, right?  Not fatten you up and make a pie out of you little old ladies,” his tone was hopeful and his gaze narrowed at the all too gleeful look that Kaleb threw at him before he opened the front door.
“Now that would spoil the surprise.”

Q: When creating your characters, do you have models in mind or are they totally fictional?

LW: I would like to say that my main characters don’t look like my two favorite actors, but I can’t.  They are starting to look a lot different and not everyone has green eyes, much to my CP’s relief J

Q: Are you in control of your characters or do they control you?

LW:  OMG, totally control me.  They stamp their feet, cross their arms and scream until they’re sick, if I attempt to take them somewhere they don’t want to go.

Q: If you came with a warning label, what would it say?

LW: If you light the touch paper – stand well back.

Q: Please tell us where we can find you on the web.

Twitter: Lisa_Worrall
Facebook: Lisa Worrall Author

Thanks for popping by and I wish you continued success in your writing career.

LW:  Thank you for having me J


Unshakeable Faith by Lisa Worrall

Blurb:
Of all the bars in all the towns in all the world, the stranger walks into Brody Tyler’s. With no memory and a name he chose from a newspaper, Nash is a gamble—one Brody is willing to take. It isn’t long before Brody and Nash fall in love, but then a tragic accident shatters their cozy world, resetting Nash’s memory once again.

The “new” Nash Walker is a businessman with a bottom line, and he doesn’t care what or who gets stomped on. Waking up in a hospital bed after a hit-and-run with no idea where he’s been for the past six months is bad enough, but someone trying to kill him is even worse. Enter Brody Tyler, accidental bodyguard.

Brody’s determined to help Nash remember and bring back the man he loves. Nash thinks Brody’s a drop-dead gorgeous pain in the ass. If only he could remember….

Excerpt:
“You thought what?” Nash drawled, lowering his voice to a silky-smooth drawl, curling his fingertips over the edge of Brody’s waistband, brushing against the bare skin there. “You wanna pick up where we left off, Mr. Bodyguard?” Ignoring the scream of What the fuck are you doing? in his ear, Nash leaned closer so that his breath fanned out across Brody’s lips. “Well, you did save my life, after all; maybe you should get a reward. Oh, wait a minute.” His tone was cruel, maybe crueler than he had intended by the way the other man visibly flinched, as if Nash’s words were pointed barbs. “It’s what I pay you for. Sorry, Brody, but I guess we both dodged a bullet tonight.” He stepped back and let his gaze travel insolently over Brody’s body. “I make it a rule not to fuck the help.” He walked casually up the stairs with the heat of Brody’s stunned gaze on him the whole way.
Inside his room, Nash undressed to his boxers and slid between the sheets. He closed his eyes as he settled against his pillows, and started when Brody’s door slammed across the hall. He sighed heavily and tried not to analyze why he felt so empty, or the pang of remorse he’d felt at the bewildered hurt he’d seen in Brody’s eyes. He was Nash Walker, he didn’t feel remorse. He couldn’t afford to, and no stupid, big Brody Tyler was going to make him feel otherwise.

2 comments:

KarennaC said...

Ooh, great excerpt! Sad, though. I'll have to check this one out.

DawnsReadingNook said...

Oh god...I can not wait to read this one. *sighs*

Thanks for being my guest today.

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...