Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Personal Review of A Nanny For Nate by Lisa Worrall

I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I opened A Nanny for Nate this afternoon. It certainly wasn't the story of a broken hearted widower, a sexy nanny and a precarious little boy who stole my heart. I don't know about you but when you have a six foot hunky nanny looking at you, I am not about to say no to him. *grins*

Parker Adams has spent the last year missing his husband, Darren. If it wasn't for Darren and his son, Nate, Parker would have lost it long before now. As it was, Parker lived for his job and for Nate. Period. He closed his heart to finding love again and forget living a life without Darren...he just couldn't do it. So when he finds out that he needs to find a new caregiver for Nate, he sure wasn't expecting Jake, the six foot nanny that leaves his senses reeling and his long dormant feelings revved up.

Lisa Worrall is a "new to me" author and one I am pleased to count as a friend as well. Her latest book delivers a sweet, sexy story that is perfect for one of those hot, lazy Sunday Afternoons....you know..when you laze around in a hammock, relaxing with sweet tea by your side. A Nanny for Nate is one of those books that lives on long after you finish reading it. What really got to me was how you felt the emotions-from pain and grief to happiness to pure panic to love-within its pages. The grief and heartache comes across with Parker and I found myself at times, wishing to comfort him to smacking some sense in him. He is a character that does grow on you after a few pages. Parker can be indecisive yet in the end, he finally admits the feelings he has for Jake that had me grinning ear to ear.

Then there is Jake Walsh. A six foot sex on a stick who is good with kids. I almost swooned when he came onto the scene. He made me laugh and groan as he befriended Nate and Parker and found himself falling in love with both Adams. The scenes with Parker were crackling with heat as both tried to deal with the emotions that were stirred up between them. The sex scenes were sexy as all get out but also tinged with a love that had me sighing in delight even as I flipped the page to see what would happen next.


Overall, A Nanny for Nate is a story I wished were a little bit longer because I wanted to know more. What happened to Jake and Parker after 'The End'? So I am begging Ms. Worrall...pretty please.,.....can we have some more of these wonderful characters????

My Rating for A Nanny for Nate: 4 Stars

Buy A Nanny for Nate at Amazon Kindle and Silver Publishing

3 comments:

Lisa Worrall said...

Thank you so much, Dawn.

I'm so glad you liked it. It was supposed to be a bit longer but deadlines and time got away from me and I had to leave a few scenes out.

Maybe I will give you all a look at Parker, Jake and Nate a little further down the line...to see how their little family is getting on.

:) xx

Unknown said...

Lisa sent me the unedited book before it was published. At the time I was gathering authors for the "Chasing the Dream" anthology. I read it and immediately knew who I wanted to fill one slot. I loved the book and though Lisa is new to the publishing world, you'd never know it. Her writing is bold, mature and she has more interesting plot twists in her stories than anyone I've ever seen. I too want to hear more of her voice.

DawnsReadingNook said...

You are very welcome Lisa. I loved this story and it was a perfect lunch break read. :)

Patricia...I agree. her writing was wonderful and easily had me enthralled from the beginning.

Book Tour Stop/Giveaway: Cops in Space by Gail Koger

This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions . Gail Koger will be awarding a $15 Amazon/BN gift card to a ...