Thursday, July 11, 2013

Welcome Kim Seidel today

Welcome to my Reading Nook, Kim Seidel. Please make yourself at home and let my cabana boys/girls get you a drink.

Comfortable? Wonderful. Now let’s get started.

To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out?
Thank you for having me here, Dawn. I appreciate you taking the time to talk with me. Love the cabana boys and girls. Oh, thank you for the drink! How did you know I love a good Cosmo?

My first story to be published, Whiteout, was just released by Horny Devil Publishing on July 2. I co-wrote it with my friend, Ben Wilson. It’s a paranormal short story, involving Hunter, a policeman and Helena, a chaos demon, who get stuck in a motel during a freak snowstorm. Even in the frigid temperatures, things get very heated between the two.

If we asked your muse to describe you using five words, what do you think they would say?
Tenacious, excitable, open-minded, sensitive, humorous

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.
In the spring, I coach track and field at the local middle school. I’ve done it for the last two years and really enjoy seeing the kids develop their skills.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Oh, that’s easy. I’d live on the coast of Oregon. I’ve visited there several times over the last 18 months and absolutely adore it there.

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?
Well, they need to start with Whiteout, since that has been recently released. As I mentioned, I wrote it with my co-author, Ben Wilson. The second story, Vamped, is expected to be released by Horny Devil Publishing in the next couple months and is my solo story.

Where do you find the inspirations for your stories? Mostly from my imagination, which can be triggered by anything and everything. It might be just a word or a phrase that someone says, or a song lyric, or even a scene or character from a TV show.

Are your characters able to love or do they need to be taught? My characters are very capable of loving at least one other person. They tend to fall very easily in love. Some of them have issues communicating, but I think that’s something many people have trouble with.

Do you have a book that was easiest to write or one that was the hardest? I have a WIP that is about halfway finished. I started it almost two years ago, and hope to finish it by the end of the year. I’m very excited about telling the characters’ stories, although I’ve had to put it on the back burner for the last several months as other things have taken priority.

 If you could collaborate with one author who would it be?  There are so many fabulous authors out there, it’s difficult to choose just one. Hmmm. I think if I have to choose only one, it would be Stephen King. I’ve been a fan of his since I was a teenager and I would love to see his writing process first hand. That being said, he might scare me too!

Coffee, tea or other drink to get you moving in the morning?  I’m actually one of those annoying morning people. I drink decaf in the morning.

What is coming up from you in 2013? Anything you want to tease us with? As I mentioned before, Whiteout was just released on the 2nd of this month. The second book in the Demon Soul series, Vamped, will probably be available in the next couple months through Horny Devil Publishing. I’m very excited about this story. It involves a policeman, Luke Arnold, who goes to New Orleans for a conference after the disappearance of his friend, Hunter, and ends up getting involved in paranormal mystery while finding a very special woman. Later in 2013, the final part of the trilogy, Crusade, will be released. In this story, readers will learn more about characters introduced in Vamped.

Anything else you want to add? (Can be your links, etc) Readers can purchase Whiteout through Horny Devil Publishing website (http://hornydevilpublishing.com/New_Releases.html). They can also find me on Facebook at Kim Seidel Author (https://www.facebook.com/KimSeidelStories?ref=hl) and on Twitter @KimberlyNagleSe. Again, thank you for having me here, Dawn. I greatly appreciate it!



Whiteout
Kim Seidel and Ben Wilson
Published by Horny Devil Publishing


All Romance Heat Index: three flames

Blurb:
The first story in the Demon Soul Series: Hunter Barnet loves being a cop; it’s all about the chase and the adrenaline rush. On patrol, he finds himself helping a beautiful motorist during a sudden blizzard. Luckily, there’s a motel nearby and Hunter and Helena are stranded in a room until the roads are cleared. Helena has a secret, well several actually. She may have caused the sudden blizzard that traps her with the hunky policeman. The sex is incredible but she needs to tell him exactly who and what she is and risk rejection. There may be more at stake than just Helena’s heart. Hunter may be part of a something bigger, something none of them bargained for.

Chapter 1
All units return to station.  There is an incoming blizzard that is set to cut off services.  Hunter groaned looking at the radio as if the person on the other end would see his scowl.  He’d pulled off to the side of the road to make a quick call, and now he needed to get back, but his patrol route was far from the police station, and blizzards around St. Louis sometimes hit with furious intensity and little warning.  It hadn’t been snowing this hard a few minutes ago.  Before he could turn the car around, his cell phone rang.  Picking the phone off the seat beside him, Hunter looked at the caller ID and instantly recognized his friend, Luke Arnold’s, phone number.  Hunter and Luke had attended the police academy together and had remained friends, even after Luke moved back to San Antonio when his mom got sick.  “Hey Luke, what’s going on?”
“Nothing much, just thought I’d check in and see how you were doing?”  It was always good to hear from Luke.  Hunter smiled, but then looked out the window at the sheet of white snow coming at him, and the smile faded.
“I’m good, for now.  Can’t talk long, though.  I’m on patrol, and we’re getting hit with a horrible snow storm.  Came out of nowhere, and I’ve got to find someplace to hunker down cause I’m never going to make it back to the station.”
“Okay, be safe bud.  Call me when you have some free time.”
He knew he wasn’t going to make it back to the station in his SUV; the wind and snow had picked up quickly.  The night was cold, but the chill fogging the windows showed him just how much colder it had become outside.  He hoped to find some place he could ride out the storm since driving, even in one of the force’s few four-wheel-drive patrol units, would soon be too hazardous with this amount of snow.   
He slowed his pace further as he noticed the red lights of a car gleaming in front of him.  The wheels were lodged in the rapidly deepening snow as the howling wind dumped large curtains of white down in front of him.  Hunter slowed his vehicle to a stop, adjusted his thermal gloves and parka hood, turned on the high-powered lights, and stepped out.  He grimaced at the biting slash of cold as he shut the door.  The powdery snow seemed to just sink under his boots as he walked to the car and knocked on the driver’s window, trying to shout over the howling wind.  “Are you okay in there?”



No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...