We have been honored to have participated in Recipes from TheWritersVineyard.com. So, over the next few weeks we'd like to share those recipes. This is the final entry. Each includes our own zany humor along with something about books. If you wish a FREE copy of the entire book which includes recipes from many of CBG's authors, please write us at email@example.com with COOKBOOK in the subject line.
Desert - Eagles Cake
Angelica Hart and Zi
Romantic thrillers, fantasy, paranormal
Story behind the recipe - We adore the football team, the Eagles, and this desert is a sports fan's guilty pleasure and or warm-fuzzy -- win or lose cake. What better way to celebrate any football season than with a Eagles green, sweet, moist cake? (Yes, we're from that part of the world.) You can have a blast making this cake – there will be green food dye and green cake batter everywhere! But that’s half the fun. NOTE: Apron and towels are a must. NOTE: Camera would be in order if the previous multi-note was ignored. After frosting the cake, and licking the spoon clean, it will be so much fun to slice a piece and find the bright green cake hiding under the icing! NOTE: Whereas, the green is all about the Birds, it is reasonable that some Irish might enjoy it -- Que sera sera.
What you’ll need
- 2 ½ cups flour, 1 ½ cups sugar, 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp, Cocoa powder
-1 ½ cups vegetable oil, 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, 2 tbsp green food coloring
- 1 tsp. white distilled vinegar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 pound softened cream cheese
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
Steps to the process Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between 2 8-inch round pans.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes (mine took 25 minutes), test for doneness with a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat, on a low speed, until incorporated.
- Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy.
Blurb from SNAKE DANCE - On the planet Starling wRen, a winged chickalas with the rare ability to fly defies a submissive heritage, braving the dark legends of the Asp to be with VeIper, enemy to the Kin, the protectors of her Nestling. Meanwhile, VeIper seeks to free his species from ethnic cleansing as well as win the awe of the beautiful and defiant wRen. Mong, a slayer, has already claimed wRen and vows to destroy those of VeIper's kind.
We'd love to hear from anyone interested in what we do. Anyone who writes us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Write - Blog - in subject line) and leaves an s-mail address, we will send you a gift and add you to any future mailings.
Angelica Hart and Zi KILLER DOLLS ~ SNAKE DANCE ~
CHASING YESTERDAY CHRISTMAS EVE...VIL ~ Christmas 2012
Vixen Bright and Zachary Zane STEEL EMBRACE
BOOK NOOKIE-A LIBRARIAN'S BUIDE TO THE DO-ME DECIMAL SYSTEM (coming soon)
THE FABLE OF SIN-SIN CINDERELLA Series