Friday, July 20, 2012

Welcome Sharita Lira today


Welcome to my Reading Nook, . Please make yourself at home and let my cabana boys/girls get you a drink. Sharita: Oh good because I need one. I prefer the cabana boy though. *winks*

Comfortable? Wonderful. Now let’s get started.Sharita: Yes I am thank you for having me.

Tell us about your latest release or upcoming release. What inspired it? Sharita: Well I can tell you about the latest which is my first hetero under my BL name, Losing My Inhibitions. I thought it was about time I wrote about a male and female and their story is based on a fictional couple I’ve written about before I got published. The gal is a fun fearless fem and the guy is sexually open-minded. It’s the kind of relationship I dreamed about as a young woman.

If you could throw a party with any five people (living or dead) who would you pick and why?

Sharita: Hmm, that’s a toughie. I’d say the members of Duran Duran would be it but let me be adult for a moment and let go of my teenage fantasies. How about, Andy Warhol, James Morrison, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, and Keith Richards? LOL Lots going on there I’m sure. *winks* Very interesting conversation with the musicians I admire.

What are at least five things you have on your bucket list and have you done any of them?

Sharita: Last five? I dunno if I have five. One thing I’ve always wanted to do was travel overseas. Never done that. The farthest I’ve been is Canada. Yes I know, BORING! I love Canada but I would like an opportunity to go somewhere else besides across the northern border.

Do you work on one project at a time? Or do you multi-task?
Sharita: I don’t anymore. Now, I only do a story at once. I used to do like 5. *laughs* Good thing most of those are still in my possession, needing revisions. I may do fanfiction while writing occasionally but even that is scarce.

What song would best describe your life?

Sharita: Highway to Hell by ACDC? *laughs* Okay no. I’m not a terrible person. Despite my outgoing personality, I’m pretty reserved. I think Reach Up for the Sunrise by Duran Duran. Typical I know. (Insert fangirl squee here) I’ve always tried to live life to its fullest regardless of what’s going on. Keep a smile even when I’m down. That’s what that song means to me.

Do you listen to music when writing? Do you feel like some stories write themselves a soundtrack with specific music? If so, what book and what kind of music influenced it?

Sharita: I always have music on even when writing fanfic. When I wrote Smooth Like Latte under Rawiya, I listened to a lot of old R&B and jazz music. Sade, Love Jones Soundtrack, Brown Sugar by D’Angelo. Even though I’m a pop girl/metalhead, when I listened to the smooth sounds and beats, the characters seemed to respond. Both men wanted love, somethng lasting and romantic.

Are any of your characters just like you or have personality quirks/traits of you or someone you know?

Sharita: All have something that’s a part of me. Quirky, most of them reserved romantics. Talkative or is that loudmouth? *laughs*

Who are some of your other favorite authors and genres to read?

Sharita: Oh I love Sue Brown and m/m romance of course. I really need to read other genres but m/m peaks my interest more than any. Sue is my hero. I love her style. Tara Lain, Cassandre Dayne, Avril Ashton, Patricia Logan, Lisa Worrall all of them are great writers. Someday I hope to be just as good as they are.

When you looked in the mirror this morning, what was the first thing you thought?

Sharita: Oh shit, I need to go to work. *laughs* Well yeah and then I thought about the book I need to finish or the 5 or so that need edits and revisions.

What is one thing scientists should invent?

Sharita: Cloning has been done I suppose but I think they need to perfect that. I need a clone to write while I complete the million other things I have to do.

Anything else you want to mention?

Sharita: I’d like to take this time to thank all the wonderful people who’ve supported me on this roller coaster ride. From great authors, to friends, to family, I thank you all.  And thanks to you Dawn for having me!



Losing my Inhibitions by BL Morticia

Officer Vanessa Daniels is fast approaching her 35th birthday which also happens to be on Valentine's day. She seeks a specific kind of man to be her lover and likes being the one in the driver's seat.

Jayson Freed is a bartender by day and a writer by night. He's looking to find the right woman to help fulfill some of his inner most fantasies. The two meet on an internet dating site and immediately start talking. Will the connection work? Will Jayson turn out to be just what this hard nose girl needs?



Smooth like Latte by Rawiya

Brendan Walsh is an uptight business executive working for his father and missing out on real life due to his relentless drive for success. Fearing his homophobic father’s wrath - and the potential to destroy his financial future - Brendan hides is true orientation and lives a life of boring celibacy.

Upon meeting Davori Jenkins when the hunky barista serves him a latte just the way he likes it, Brendan takes a chance, leaving his number with the tip in the hopes of changing his future love life.

Will Brendan be able to come clean with his father - risking his fortune - or will he take a chance at losing a man who he wants as his future?

Warning: This is an m/m interracial romance. Real romance. Some sappiness is ahead with two very good looking men who are searching for that happy ever after ending.



Author Sharita Lira: The Triad, otherwise known as the characters in the head of Sharita Lira are three separate muses that are the driving force behind her small amount of success. Misses Lira sees her own life as one that is very ordinary, so instead of presenting herself out to the world, she created three personalities that continue to haunt her all hours of the night to get several WIP’s done at the speed of light, and push her to the brink of sheer exhaustion, but she loves it and that’s the reason she hasn’t told them to get the hell out her head.

Michael Mandrake, BLMorticia, and Rawiya collectively have written over 30 stories published in e-book and or print through 7 different publishers. Right now as it stands, Mrs. Lira and the muses have 6 sole author books with much more to come in 2012 and beyond.

She is a happily married mother of two that writes m/m, m/f, ménage, paranormals, contemporaries, and for fun some fan fiction. She is a proud member of the Erotica Readers & Writers Association, as well as an advocate for rights of LGBT citizens, and a big fan of 80′s and heavy metal music. She’s also a contributor to the heavy metal ezine Fourteeng.net.

For more information, please visit http://www.thelitriad.com as well as her Facebook fanpage, The Literary Triad.


The Literary Triad - http://www.thelitriad.com/#!

Michael Mandrake – http://tabooindeed.blogspot.com










1 comment:

S.Lira said...

TY Dawn for having me! So sorry I'm late

:)

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...