Friday, October 4, 2024

Guest Author Day with Emily Carrington: Trust is Fraught

 


Please give a warm welcome to Emily Carrington as she joins us celebrating their new book, Trust is Fraught, coming October 11th from Changeling Press.

Tell us about your latest book, who are the main character’s and what can we expect when we pick it up?

Medically Necessary 2: Trust is Fraught is being released everywhere on October 11, but is available on October 4 for 15% off at www.changelingpress.com. Meet the dominant wolf traumatized by his past, and the submissive wolf who can’t figure out why they can’t make love already. 


If you could watch one scene from this book be played out like a movie, which one would it be and why?

I’d love to see Oliver (the dominant wolf) running upstairs to confront Amir (the submissive wolf). He’s half naked and disheveled and Amir thinks he’s adorable. 

Tell us about what you are reading at the moment or anticipate reading in the future? Any favorite authors you enjoy reading in your spare time?

I love a mixture, especially Brene (with an acute accent over the first e) Brown, who writes about shame resilience. I’m anticipating reading some of her books over the next few weeks. I’m also thrilled that I just finished Salva Me (Blood Sworn 1) for the third time. This is by Autumn Montague, and it’s about Regency, living, vampires. Also, I just finished (and will be rereading) Patricia Briggs’s book, Winter Lost. LOVE it. 

What do you do when you have free time?

I tend to do a lot of walking, writing braille (I’m taking a braille transcription course), and I’m trying to do yoga. 

How do you approach character development in your stories? Do you have any specific techniques or methods that you find particularly effective?

I personally love a G M C WH approach, where G is for goal, M is for motivation, C is for conflict, and WH is for “What the heck happened?” in the scene. I find my character development through their reactions to the obstacles in their way. Every time I’ve tried to sit down and plan out a character’s flaws, it blows up in my face! 

What do you believe sets your writing apart from others in your genre, and why should readers choose to read your books?

Do you like disabled magical creatures and disabled contemporary heroes and heroines? I do! This is why I write almost exclusively about the disabled community. I’m disabled, my spouse is disabled, and we both bring a lot of light to the world. I hope my characters do the same.

If you want to see a disability represented and haven’t found that book yet, reach out @: emilycarrington118 (at) gmail (dot) com. I’d love to hear from you! 

Can you discuss any upcoming projects or books that you're currently working on? What can readers expect from your future works?

I have the following in the works:

1.    A trans werewolf is in love with a narwhal shapeshifter. Catch? The narwhal might be a god.

2.    A character with DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) falls for… well, this one’s still in the works, but I have some ideas. Thinking a basso profundo with a singing career.

 


Trust is Fraught
Series: Medically Necessary Book 2
Multiverse: Searchlight Academy #12
Gay Paranormal Dark Fantasy, Romance, Suspense
Buy links HERE

No comments:

Guest Author Day with Emily Carrington: Trust is Fraught

  Please give a warm welcome to Emily Carrington as she joins us celebrating their new book, Trust is Fraught, coming October 11th from Chan...