Thursday, June 28, 2018

WRITERS WRITE... WRITING PARTNERS FEUD ~ INTERVIEWING UTE CARBONE





 A: I am soooo excited!

Z: You found a new candy store?

A: Well, as a matter-of-fact...but no...no...this is sweet but not about candy.  We are about to interview Ute Carbone, author of -THE P-TOWN QUEEN coming out this June from Champagne Books.

Z:  I hear the book is a humorous hoot!
A:  It isn't even out and I already have it on me TBR pile!
Z:  (Offers a gentlemanly bow as Ute enters)
A:  (Presents coffee, tea and, of course, chocolate)
A/Z:  Welcome to CBG's blog, Ute! We are tickled to have you here, and can't wait to discuss your upcoming release.  Sooo, let's begin!
Thanks for having me. And bringing chocolate. I love chocolate!
A/Z:  Who do you like to write about best, your heroes/she-roes or your villains? 
I think I like the heroes best. I always fall in love with them just a little bit.
A/Z:   Which of the following universes would the characters fit into better, Twilight Zone, SpongeBob Square Pants, or the Big Bang Theory and why? 
Well, the heroine is an oceanographer, so I could see an underwater Sponge Bob version. But I’d have to say Big Bang. It’s one of my favorite shows and the guys are scientists. They are a bit geekier than main character Nikki. I started out making her a geek, but as she took over (she likes to take over) it turned out she wasn’t really very geeky at all. And things blow up in the book. A lot. So there’s lots of big bangs.
A/Z:  If Hollywood made a movie about you, who would you like to see playing the lead role?  Is your answered based on looks or personality?
 Scarlett Johansson. She looks just like me! *Grins and grabs another piece of chocolate.* Okay, maybe not. Maybe Angelina Jolie. Because…She’s Angelina and the movie would be a box office smash.
A/Z:  If you were a superhero, what would be your name and superpower?
Stiletto.  She’s got six inch heels and she knows how to use them.  She’s my alter ego: my real life self falls off any heel higher than an inch.
A/Z:  What is the inspiration behind THE P-TOWN QUEEN? 
Like most stories I write, P-Town was a bunch of ideas come together to have a party (or a funeral in some cases J ) I began with an idea of guy running from trouble. He applies for a job he’s not at all qualified for and calls himself “Parker Bench” because he’s homeless and was recently sitting on a park bench. I knew the person with the job offer would be a woman, because I wanted a romance.  I had recently been to the cape, in Provincetown, and wanted to set a story there. So I made her an oceanographer because it’s a field I’ve long been interested in and also because it’s something Parker (and me) knew nothing about. Then I saw a greeting card with a very gay looking man posing in front of a boat called “The P-Town Queen” and I knew I had the missing ingredient!  
A/Z:  How would you describe your book to a four year old?
A boy and a girl meet in a little town. Lots of things go boom!
A/Z :  If one of your characters could come to life and live next door to you, which one would it be and why? 
Next door? They’re moving in? Oh dear God, I better hide the good china. Actually, they don’t have to move in next door. They live in my house. They disturb me at the most inappropriate times. Always demanding I give them a better story line, or stop causing them trouble. Yada yada yada. They are so annoying! But I love them anyway. As Marco Parker  would say, whadya gonna do?
A/Z :  What is your favorite drink and /or snack when writing?
I’m a coffee addict and I consume gallons while I write. Chocolate is a great reward for finishing a scene or a chapter. And wine, but not while writing. Wine writing looks great whilst being written but just dreadful on the morning after.
A/Z :  Would you like to add anything?
Just thanks for having me! And thanks for the chocolate!

A/Z :  Thank you so much for indulging us, Ute.  It has been a blast, and we look forward to the release of THE P-TOWN QUEEN.
Visit Ute Carbone at -



***
We'd love to hear from anyone interested in what we do. Anyone who writes us at writingteamcw@yahoo.com (Write - Blog Dawn - in subject line) and leaves an s-mail address, we will send you a free ebook (choose erotic or romantic thriller) and add you to any future mailings.



Angelica Hart and Zi ~ Vixen Bright and Zachary Zane
www.champagnebooks.com - www.carnalpassions.com - angelicahartandzi.com










No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...