Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Book Review: Fury Rising by Yasmine Galenorn

A new kickass heroine to fall in love with in a new series by a master storyteller.

My Rating for Fury Rising: 4.5 Stars and Recommended Read

Kaeleen Donovan is a Theosian-a minor goddess- and is oath bound to Hecate, goddess of the Crossroads. By day she runs the Crossroads Cleaning Company and reads fortunes as well as casts hexes at Dream Wardens, a magical consulting shop. But come the night, I am at Hecate’s bidding and they call me Fury. I am good at taking down Abominations. They come into our world from the world tree and I am tasked at sending them back to Pandoriam. But there is danger coming as the Order of the Black Mist steal an ancient artifact, the Thunderstrike, and is hell bent on changing the world order. Hecate has charged me in getting that device back but as Fury soon discovers, the leader of this order is determined to put him on the throne and will stop at nothing to achieve their goals. Can Fury and her friends stop them before Gaia decides to wipe the earth of everyone on it in retaliation?

Wow, just wow. Ms. Galenorn delivers a perfect introduction to her new series, Fury Unbound with a kick-ass heroine who is just as intriguing as this author’s other characters in her books and a storyline that will knock you off your seat. FURY RISING is a perfect introduction to this author’s work if you have never tried her before. This is an author who is a master storyteller who knows how to build a world perfectly, with captivating yet unique characters and action that keeps you on your toes. The action is nonstop and a perfect afternoon read for me one weekend recently. The story flows smoothly and quickly as I was drawn into the story of a world where the world as we knew it now has changed drastically. The author does a great way in weaving that portion of why, who, and when within the storyline. It kept my attention till the very end.

This author is on my auto-buy no matter what she writes. Ms.Galenorn delivers such captivating yet unique characters that I can not get enough of her work. In FURY RISING, we meet Kaeleen, ‘Kae’ to her friends or as Fury when she is working as Hecate’s blade. She is delightful, independent and quite entertaining. I loved her and felt she was a perfect addition to this author’s kick-ass characters list. Plus we got some interesting secondary characters as well that kept me riveted. I loved the interaction Fury has with Hecate and found myself laughing at times at her smart comments.

FURY RISING is a perfect edge of the seat ride that will take you on such an adventure till the very end of the book. I couldn’t get enough of this series and just had to grab book two, right after I finished this one. I am eager to see where this author goes in the series as Fury goes against a big bad evil that will either win the day or she’ll stop it in its tracks. If you never tried this author, I highly recommend her if you enjoy kick-ass characters, storylines that weave a spell around you and keep you eager for more. I can’t wait to see what else this author has up their sleeves for her readers in the future.


This is an objective review and not an endorsement

Fury Unbound Series:



Book 3: Fury Awakened (Releasing June 16th)

No comments:

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...