OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Take a Pause
Mental illness, suicide, depression, addiction and self-injury – topics that are hard for a lot. Whether they’ve been diagnosed themselves or have someone close that has, the effects are felt for years. Every day someone gets a tattoo of a semi-colon to help keep the conversation going. A story can help the conversation too. The hope that can be written into a story can mean the difference to someone you don’t know. Give someone that hope.
- All stories should have a theme of how this touches at least one of the main characters’ life
- Suggestions: two men that meet while trying to understand why a friend took their life; a tattoo artist that is doing a lot ofsemi-colon tattoos and doesn’t understand until one customer explains it to him; a nurse/doctor/counselor that works with patients battling depression or addiction; a EMT that has dealt with a rash of suicides that needs his partner to help ground him.
- Be a minimum of 10k, maximum of 40k
- Any subgenre is welcome and all prohibitive guidelines are observed
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
Any questions can be sent to Kris Jacen at KrisJacen@mlrpress.com
Romance Rewind - Loving a Wild Stranger By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com Hi everyone, Believe it or not, it’s been a y...
There has been a phenomenon that has existed whereas unattractive men hook up with attractive women, often older men, with an age di...
Discover the world of Gail Koger's sexy Colleti Warlords series in Game on Askole. Make sure to enter the giveaway at the end of th...
Welcome author Kellie Kamryn today to the Reading Nook. I was thrilled to have her sit down with me to talk about their latest book, Vows,...