Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Book Spotlight~ Human Interaction by Cheyenne Meadows



Shyanne, a widow with twin sons, is forced back into the realm of vampires, humans, and shifters when a college research project lands her in an exotic dancing club where she discovers a sexy shifter called Meat who sparks her interest in dating once more.
Shy juggles motherhood, taking college classes, dealing with her eccentric adoptive family, and work.  She finds herself battling for Meat’s attention with a cover model shifter, while trying not to think about Meat’s nun fetish, and her hit and miss—emphasis on the miss—teleportation abilities. 
Can they work out their differences and love one another for who they are?  Or will they discover that humans and shifters really don’t mix, especially when life’s monkey wrenches keep getting in the way?

Excerpt:

He stood, grinning widely down at me. "You got any money?"
Without thinking, I burrowed into one of my pockets, pulling out a quarter. I reached out, unfolded my fingers and showed him what I had.
His low laughter followed. Digging into one of his pockets, he pulled out a bill and dropped it onto the table in front of me.
"What's this?" I looked at the ten dollar bill, then back up at him.
"Do me a favor. Get some change." He arched an eyebrow, looking at me like he expected a light to come on.
Nope. My light stayed dim as ever. "I don't get it."
He leaned down, hands flat on the table, eye to eye with me. "Get some change. I'm on next. Management frowns if you stick your hand in my thong without leaving money." Meat grinned once more, then stood and turned.
"Wait!" I picked up the money. "I'm confused. You gave me your own money to use. How does that benefit you?"
Straight white teeth flashed as he smiled. "I get your hand in my pants."
Buy Links:
Coming soon to Barnes and Noble.
  
Author bio and contact links:
Growing up in the Midwest, I began reading romance novels in high school, immediately falling in love with the genre, to the point where I decided to write professionally for a career. However, that dream splattered against a brick wall, resulting in a quick death in my first writing class in college when my professor told me bluntly that I wasn't any good at it. I shifted gears quickly, and left my writing dreams behind, eventually settling on becoming a nurse. 
A few years back, I stumbled across a fan-fiction writing site on a favorite author's webpage. I began to read stories others wrote, not only making some wonderful close friends from the experience, but also, really learning to write for the very first time. Here I was able to share short stories, practice my writing skills, and truly develop into a writer. More than that, the experience allowed me to revitalize my dream, as I rediscovered joy in writing. 
Now, I spend my days off with my alpha male characters, quick witted heroines, and see how much trouble everyone can get into. When I'm not working or writing, I enjoy working in the garden, canning, and seeing my backyard as a living canvas for my whimsical landscaping, and, of course, reading romance novels.  
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/cheyenne.meadows.10  
Blog http://cheyennemeadows.blogspot.com/  
Email Cheyenne1.meadows@yahoo.com

No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...