Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Talking with author Mychael Black



Mother Nature: WTF?!

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one thinking that Mother Nature's lost her frickin' mind. After weeks of freakily late winter storms/weather, I finally got to plant a garden out back. Just a small one (really small), but manageable for me alone. Cute raised bed, tall stakes for the plants when they sprout, watering can and bottle, and some good rich planting soil. I planted things just a few days ago, and the weather has been absolutely wonderful. Beautiful spring days, not too cool but not too warm. Clear skies even!

Well, today it's raining (with a few rumbles thrown in--just not enough for MY liking), so not much need to water the garden. Of course, I venture over to weather.com and see what things will be like throughout the day and tomorrow, plus the weekend (we're doing a DC trip on Sunday/Monday). Everything looked pretty good: not hot, not much rain toward the weekend, and a slight touch of spring coolness. I can totally live with that.

An hour or so ago, something new popped up for the alerts for Salisbury, MD...

Freeze warning.

*blinks*

Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?!

FREEZE warning? In mid-April??

What in the names of the gods is going on? O.o

Suffice it to say, poor Mother Nature is a tad...off her rocker, methinks. Or simply confused. But, then again, she can join the club. I'm not sure there's anyone left in the US who is NOT confused over this weather. And to think, mid-upper west is looking at another potential winter storm.

I'm done.

So done.

***

Call me Katherine or Mychael--I'll answer to both. I'm a mother, student, author by trade, and editor by compulsion. I've been in the publishing business for several years, namely as a writer but also as an editor on occasion. It never fails, though. I always end up editing eventually.

I'm a proud bibliophile, to which my poor sagging bookcases can attest. I read all the time, namely fantasy and romance.

When not writing or reading or editing, I...eat. Maybe sleep. Or watch Spongebob. Yes. I am a self-proclaimed, thirty-something year old Spongebob Squarepants addict. Much to my roommate's dismay. It's fun.

If you're curious about what I write (and who wouldn't be?!), then you can find me below:


***


Magnum Opus

A Dark Performance:
Spurned by the only person he ever loved, Hunter is the perfect image of a tortured artist. A sorcerer moonlighting as a singer, he uses his magical arts to tantalize the audience during his band’s performances. His preferred method? A sphere that drifts above the crowd, a beacon that calls out for someone–anyone–who will understand him. On one particular night, Hunter finally receives an answer.

Novel Visions:
Jonathon Cayle is a horror novelist visiting New Orleans for a two-week long book signing stint. Unhappy with his life back in Atlanta with his girlfriend, he is grateful to be able to explore his preference for men while he’s out of town. What he finds in New Orleans, however, is the last thing he ever expected.

Visions of the Night:
Three years have passed since horror novelist Jonathon Cayle encountered his vampiric character Kain Hart. Since then, they’ve made a home together in Atlanta, living as any couple would. However, Jonathon’s curiosity about vampires has grown, and he finds himself contemplating the final step: becoming one. The question is: can he get past his fear of venturing into the unknown realm of life after death?

No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...