Monday, February 10, 2014

Talking with author Viki Lyn



Mercury is retrograding during the month of February. Not just a few days, but practically the whole frick'in month. Now many of you will scoff at such astrological nonsense, but I've come to respect this particular aspect. So what does it mean when Mercury appears to be going backwards in orbit?

Communication gets crazy, technical issues crop up, and you better not start new projects because they aren't going to go the way you've planned.

That's why I busted my 'you know what' the month of January to make final decisions on my projects I started before February 5. :) I signed contracts for my male/female books with Musa, created a creativity class for a university in Georgia and edited Book One of Orbus Arcana to be formatted for self-publishing in March. That way, I'm not starting something new, but completing instead. I'll launch my projects during more favorable months.

In March, I'm self publishing with co-author Vina Gray our Orbus Arcana m/m vampire series. We got the rights back for book one (For The Bite Of It) and enhanced the story. We hope to put For The Bite of It for free for a time so those who purchased the book before can read the changes.  And, best of all Book Two is completed (A Bite In Time) and will be published about a month or so later. Vina has been writing away on Book 3.

In April, I'm going straight - and on April 4 Musa Publishing will publish Formula For Love, a male/female romance. I made sure the contract was signed way before a Mercury Retrograde, so I should be good to go. I hope readers of my m/m books will give it a try. Set during the turbulent Sixties - it's a fun romp through Haight Ashbury, U.C. Berkeley and Big Sur, my old stomping grounds. I love San Francisco and miss it, so I love writing about it and set many of my stories in the Bay Area.

Love and Peace!

Viki Lyn


Viki Lyn: Award winning author of male/male paranormal and contemporary romances, and now writing male/female romances, too. You can find Viki's books at the following sites: Amazon, All Romance Ebooks and GLBT Bookshelf.

 Formula For One
Coming to Musa Publishing
Contemporary Romance M/F


Kenneth Hailey, an uptight, conservative mathematician, believes he's in control. After all, every problem can be solved in a deliberate and logical manner. Even love. When his fiancĂ©e dumps him for his best friend, he leaves Manhattan for the West Coast. What better place to forget his past. It's 1967, and San Francisco is the place to turn on, tune in and drop out. 

But is he ready for Rose Red? 

Rose Red, a free-spirited flower child, challenges Kenneth, thrusting him into her world of love-ins, protest rallies and rock concerts. Kenneth finds himself falling down a rabbit hole, hanging on for dear life. 

Old habits die hard, and he retreats, but Rose Red has other plans for him. 

Set in San Francisco during the turbulent sixties, Rose Red has a startling revelation of her own.

1 comment:

Viki Lyn said...

I am between airports! Flying back home today. :) Thank you Dawn for having me as a guest.

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...