Friday, February 8, 2013

Welcome LaVerne Thompson


Coffee with Arch and LaVerne

Arch flips his long red hair over his shoulders as he sits down across from me with his cup of coffee. He wanted to talk to me today about a few concerns and as his creator he knew I’d have the answers.  “What’s up?” I asked then sipped my caramel coffee.

*Sighs* For one thing that damn human holiday is coming up. Something I’ve avoided almost as much as daddy dearest. Valentine’s Day, when every male on the planet loses his mind or bust his balls trying to find a date or a gift for his special one. I’m not going to lie, I have no frigging clue what the fuck I’m doing half the time. But the one thing I do know is I love Ice, so for her I’ll do Valentine’s Day, but I need to do it right. So okay for starters: I got her four dozen frozen roses red, my personal fav, blue, hers, and these sorta special orange and yellow ones I thought she might like. Those will be delivered first thing the morning of V-Day, then later that afternoon I’m having flown in a dozen truffles from France from this little shop someone told me about. Then later that evening I have dinner reservations at a five star restaurant with a world class chef. We’ll be eating at the chef’s table. So alright sound good? What do you think?

I watched him lean toward me, his lean muscled frame tense, his eyes glowing, red pin points of fire in their dark center, waiting anxiously for my verdict.

“I think she’s going to love it!” Immediately his entire body relaxes, he leans back into his chair and his beautiful mouth curls into a lip licking smile. I’m not immune but I know he’s taken.

Whew! Thanks. You have no idea. Ice and me…well we’ve been through so much. She forgave me for being a shit to her and I will spend the rest of my life making it up to her and protecting her from my asshole of a father. I’m hoping we can find her people and I can help restore them to her, then I’ll feel I’m even worthy to breath the same air as her. She is my everything.  Without her…well…best not think on it. I have no idea what I’ve done in my screwed up life to deserve one such as she but I’m not going to fuck it up. So I’ll do whatever it takes to keep her happy and distract her from seeing how I’m not good enough for her.

“I beg to differ Arch. I think you’re perfect for her.”

*grins* Of course you would.

And this is what happens when fire meets ice.

Journey of the Princess of Ice-The Elementals
By LaVerne Thompson

What happens when fire meets ice?
Ice had traveled the realms for centuries searching for the ice elementals, others of her kind but she was alone always alone. Never staying one place for long because sooner or later her mere presence caused the temperature of the land to drop to a killing freeze. Until she found the one place her powers had no effect. And perhaps the one being who could counter her freeze.

Running from a destiny not of his own choosing, Arch finally found the one person who could make him stop running. But Ice must never learn the truth. A fire demon destroyed her world and he was his father’s son.

Available at:





Contact LaVerne here:
http://isisindcblog.blogspot.com

4 comments:

LaVerne said...

Hi Dawn- Thanks for hosting me here today.

Stephanie Williams said...

This is a fantastic read everyone! Laverne is the Queen of creating other wolrds. Love their story! Great job as always girlfriend!

Betty Ann Harris said...

I loved finding out more about Arch. I don't normally read fantasy, but I love your books, LaVerne.

LaVerne said...

Thanks Stephanie! I can say the same for you.

And thank you Betty Ann. I'm honored.

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...