Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Personal Review for Deal with the Devil by Sammy Jo Hunt

When Sammy Jo asked me to review her new novella, I was thrilled. The cover alone made me think of white sands, sunshine and tropical weather. After getting snow and cold in my part of New York, I was ready to leave that behind with this wonderful story. Ready for a Deal With the Devil?

My Rating for Deal with the Devil: 4 Stars


Derrick Delaney is really good at what he does. He lives the good life, has money, enjoys his profession as a high class stripper and has his life mapped out just so. He just never anticipated having falling in love with one of the hottest rock stars out there or finding that sometimes, life has a way of making a mess out of a mapped out life.

Author Sammy Jo Hunt delivers another wild ride in her latest release, Deal with the Devil and man, the readers are in for a treat. This is one high octane ride from start to finish and I have to admit, I was muttering under my breath at the characters. You will laugh, cry, sigh and fall in love with them as I did and I got to admit, I absolutely adore Derrick and Scott together. They just worked perfectly together and I was rooting for them to have their own happily ever after. 

I loved the sparks that flew the minute Derrick and Scott first met one another. It was very electric and I just had to find out what happens next for these two. There were times I wanted to smack these two for being idiots and to communicate with one another, instead of assuming stuff. The author does a great job in conveying the emotions of Scott and Derrick as well as the secondary characters. I really enjoyed the dynamics between Scott, Derrick and several secondary characters that it had me flipping the pages on my nook just to see what would happen next. The characters are enjoyable, intriguing and very well written. I could see them walking down the street and enjoying themselves. The secondary characters help keep the story moving nicely and I enjoyed meeting some of Scott’s friends and band mates. The writing is tight, story flows nicely and the reader is given a treat of two people finding that life has a way of taking turns that you least expect.

Deal with the Devil is a perfect way to heat up a cold winter's night and I can't wait to see what this author has in store for her readers next. If you love hot simmering passion, two people who are meant for one another and that love has a way of happening regardless of what you desire, then get ready for Deal with the Devil. I guarantee you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Find Deal with the Devil at Amazon Kindle



1 comment:

SJ said...

Can I say THANK YOU!!!!! loud enough???

OMG...Dawn...I actually teared up when I read your review. You are sooo good to me. And I'm so pleased you enjoyed the story that much. It makes me feel like I'm doing something right, and that writing for a secondary profession is not just a passtime for me...its something WORTH doing, because people really ARE touched and impacted for good by my stories. Its what makes writing worthwhile to do.

Thank you again. I'm thrilled with your review and your kind words of praise!

Much love,
SammyJo xoxo

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...