Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Best Books in 2011-IMHO

Ok, I have seen a ton of blog posts saying what t hey thought where the best e-books/print books in 2011. I decided, hey why not do one of my own. Needless to say I read a wide variety of genres-from MM to MF to Menage in a variety of genres ranging from Paranormal, Urban Fantasy and Contemporary and more.

So here are a few of the books i read in 2011 that got me to go "OH MY GOD!!"

1) Ty Hard by LE Harner-sweet, sexy cowboys...what more can you say. Need book 2.

2) Lorcan's Desire by SJD Peterson-This was truly a book where I never wanted to kill an author more. How dare the author give me a surprise ending that has me going "WTH?? Oh no she didn't do that??!!". *smiles*Cowboys, kleenex and tears amid smiles. Says it all...

3) Bear, Otter and the Kid by TJ Klune- a man who may-or may not-be gay, a kid brother who made me laugh and love that spans friendship and time. Absolutly priceless.

4) Masters of Shadowland: To Command and Coller-BDSM at it's finest. If you love alpha males, fiesty females and the bdsm aspect of a story then this series is for you.

5) Wolfmen Series by Brannan Black- each time I finish one of these great dystopian/fantasy/paranormal MM stories (or MF stories in spin off), I am amazed at how evolved the characters are. Again all I can say is more Mace and Daniel please...

6) Protect & Serve series (Multi-authors at Changeling)- I got to admit, hot hunky alpha males, fearless females and a wide variety of characters to fall in love with. A h ome run each time I open on of these stories.

7) Stormy Glenn's Books- Every time I pick up one of her books, I am blown away by the complete package-the storyline, the smoldering sex, the characters. It's a perfect trifecta and I highly recommend her books to anyone who enjoys GBLT stories.

8) Cooper MacKenzie's Sanctuary Series- pure combustion between the pages and this is an author who knows how to capture her readers imagination...sometimes threefold. *winks*

9) Nothing Ever Happens by Sue Brown (plus Morning Report)-This is an author who knows how to turn an angst story into something supremely beautiful. I laughed, cried and hoped for happily ever afters in both NEH and MR. Both were well crafted, enjoyable and I read over ALOT!!! One has cowboys (See my theme this past year lol) and the other has a pair of men trying to figure out their lives-one gay, one not or so he thinks.

10) Andrew Grey's Love Means series- You got some amazing characters in this series that literally will steal your heart and run away with it. With all this author writes-one t hing is clear-his love for his characters to shine in a book. The latest Love Means book came out just before the holidays and I devoured it in one day. You can't go wrong with one of his books.

This is just a fraction of what I have read this past year and yes, I seem to have gravetated towards MM stories but heck, with so many good MM authors out there, I can't stay away. I am eager to see what 2012 brings-more Yasmine Galenorn, PC Cast, Patricia Logan and others to devour.

Thank god for my new nook reader. LOL

So did you read anything this past year that you want to shout about? Tell us...

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so grateful, honored, and completely flabbergasted to find Ty Hard here. Thank you Dawn, from the bottom of my heart.

Tom Webb said...

Great list!!!

DawnsReadingNook said...

LOL Laura..I loved TY Hard...got your Menage stories next to read on my Nook.

Thanks Tom. So m any great books I read in 2011...I literally would be here for days to list them.

Tour Stop: The Library Thief by Kuchenga Shenje

  THE LIBRARY THIEF Author: Kuchenga Shenjé Publication Date: May 6, 2024 ISBN: 9781335909695 Hardcover Publisher: Hanover Square ...