Saturday, December 3, 2011

Welcome Victoria Blisse Today


What Says Christmas to you?

I love Christmas, I really do and I have a whole host of Christmas stories to prove it. There are several signs that the season is coming that I look forward to every year. 

Clementines, satsumas and mandarins. I love the smell when you peel them and the scent just fills the room and lingers on your fingers. 

Christmas lights.  It really brightens up a bleak winters night and I love to see the lights be they outside or sparkling through peoples windows. 

Mince Pies. This is a very British thing I think but mince pies are delicious. The mince is made with dried fruits, copious amounts of alcohol, suet and sugar. It tastes gorgeous in a crispy, crumbly pastry case. 

Advent Calendars.  I’m a big kid at heart and I love counting down each day by opening a door on a calendar. Now I let my daughter do the honours but I still love finding out what she’s got! 

Christmas songs and carols. Yep, I love the boppy, joyous music of the season though I am not a fan of hearing it in any month other than December. 

What are your favourite signs of Christmas? 

Now here’s the details of my latest Christmas release, out on the 12th December but available now for pre-order. 



It isn’t really always Christmas in Lincoln but when Felicity gets her man it feels like it.
Felicity hates Christmas. It reminds her of a traumatic event from her childhood. She thinks the Permanent Christmas shop is tacky, with its windows full of trees and tinsel all year round and would rather it disappeared from her picturesque home town.
When she discovers that Carl, who she lusts over every time she sees him in the tea rooms, is in fact the owner of Ho, Ho, Ho! She’s not quite sure what to think. It takes a sexy meeting in the middle of a fake winter wonderland to make her realise the advantages of Christmas in the middle of summer.
As time passes, Carl and Felicity indulge in more sexy liaisons but as Christmas approaches Felicity doubts whether she is anything more than a sensual distraction for the festive shop owner and when her handsome ex, Sean, sweeps into town on a quest to win her back she finds she has a tough decision to make.
Can Carl and his Christmas cheer win over her hardened heart?

Excerpt:
I guess I should be going,I sighed.Not that I want to go out there againits so cool and refreshing in here.
Then stay. Id be grateful of the company while I finish putting together my North Pole.
Well, if youre sure…”
Yes, yes, stay. I could do with a second opinion on where to place my candy canes.
All right,I agreed.Can I give you a hand since Im here anyway?
Well, go on then. Im used to doing them on my own, but Ive seen your window displays and theyre always gorgeous. Can you organise the penguins and polar bears for me?
Sure.I smiled, shut the laptop and picked up a polar bear. Its not often a person gets to say that, I suppose. We chatted amicably as we positioned and re-positioned soft toys, ornaments and gingerbread houses. Id not felt so relaxed and happy for a long while. The loneliness had sunk into my soul and Id barely even recognised it. As I pondered what that meant for me and my life, I miscalculated how far forward I needed to lean to place my singing, dancing penguin, and I slipped. I knocked into Carl, yelped and thankfully landed on the soft toys. Carls landing wasnt quite so soft, since he ended up on top of me.
Oh, fuIm so sorry.
Its fine, its fine.Carl pushed himself up, but I was still very aware of his pelvis pressing against mine.Dont worry, accidents happen.
Im sorry, Ill pay for anything Ive broken, Ill put everything back in just the place it was…”
Carl kissed me.
It was far more complex than that, but at that moment my mind went blank and I just couldnt think. His lips were on mine. They were plump, hot and very skilled. He took my breath away with just the gentlest undulations. I wrapped my arms around him without thought; pulled him close and let out all the passion that had built up inside me. We broke apart and took ragged breaths before our lips pulled us back together again. Our eyes were open and I could see that he was holding back just a little bit, nervous about whether this was what I wanted. I was sure hed see the same emotions in the sea of my green eyes.
It struck me as funny that two grown adults lip-locked together still seemed so hesitant. I think he felt the smile cross my lips, because he turned up the heat. He rolled to his side and pulled me over on top of him. I laughed, then groaned because I felt the significant bump rising from his crotch. I was now somewhat in control and after a moment, a very brief moment of doubt, I reached out to undo the buttons on his shirt. His fingers crept up my thighs in response.
I kissed down the outline of his jaw; he moved a hand to cup one of my buttocks. I finished unbuttoning him and he clasped me from the other side, so I was surrounded by his touch and aroused by his gentle squeezes. I continued my kiss trail down over his chest. It was a strong chest, not bursting with musclesthat does nothing for me anywaybut steely, with the kind of muscles  that arent showy but get the job done well enough, thank you.

Don’t forget Blissemas Starts today and over at  http://blissemas.co.uk you will find details of how to join in the blog hop and how to win a kindle!


1 comment:

Victoria Blisse said...

Thanks for hosting me, Dawn!

New Book Review: The Best Life Book Club by Sheila Roberts

  The Best Life Book Club Sheila Roberts Mira Books Release date: May 7th, 2024 Available at Amazon Add to Your Goodreads My Rating for The ...