Thursday, December 8, 2011

Welcome Kassanna to the Reading Nook Today


Welcome to Dawn’s Reading Nook, Kassanna. Please let my cabana boys/girls get you a drink and make yourself at home. Comfortable? Great…now let’s get down to business.

Q: Tell us a little about yourself. What you do, either for a living or for fun or both.
          I actually am part owner of a bridal shop in a small town in Central Florida. Most people get to watch Bridezilla, lately I’ve been living it. LOL. But that’s my day job. I started writing to unwind from the stress of my days. 

Q: Are you a by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of writer, or do you have to use an outline to put your collective thoughts into some semblance of common sense?
          I’m a pantser all the way. I tried once to plot but that fell to the wayside when the characters took over. And please don’t think I’m crazy but I have to add that they take over quite often when I’m writing

Q: Tell us all about your latest or upcoming release. What inspired it?
          Who Gives an Elf? Will be released on December 17 by Passion in Print. I was joking with my mother about a customer and she told me she’d tell on herself before she let anyone blackmail her and I though hmm what if. 

Q: If you had super powers, what would they be? Why?
           I would love to fly. To just jump up and be anywhere in the world with no worry on how to get there or how to get back. To be able to see the sunrise from a mountain top and the sunset from a sandy beach.

Q: What genre haven’t you tried yet but want to in the future?
           I’d really like a try a steam punk/shifter novella or novel if I’m feeling particularly ambitious. *Big Smile* I’ve been putting some thought into that.

Q: What’s a fun fact about you? Something unique, a particular talent?
          I love to bake bread and rolls and I find gardening absolutely fabulous. I think growing your own food is fun. You just can’t beat fresh baked bread and homemade jam for comfort food. That and I still love a good rollercoaster ride.


Q: What is one thing readers might be surprised to know about you?
          I usually have three or four false starts before I actually get a story down on paper.

Q: Were your stories secret projects or were you able to be open with your family and friends about your writing?
          My family has been very supportive. They actually encouraged me to submit one of my short stories. For the longest time I would just jot them down in notebooks.

Q: Do you have any weird writing habits?
          When I’m writing I find one song that resonates with the story, not necessarily the theme but more with a character, I’ll play that song over and over again until I finish the story

Q: What's your favorite genre to read?
          Paranormal, which is funny because I usually end up writing contemporary.

Q: What type of book have you always wanted to write?
            I actually write what I always wanted to write. I love romance, have since that very first Harlequin Romance, I found in my aunts closet when  was twelve.

Q: What authors can be found in your library of books (print, audio or e-books)?
           Let’s see… Shelly Laurenston, Carolyn Jewel, Lora Leigh, Nalini Singh, Karen Palmer. I can list those off the top of my head but there are ohh gobbs more, let me tell you.

Q: If you could travel anywhere in the world (money is no object), where would you go? Why? And for how long?
         
China. I love the culture so I would dig my heels in and stay a while.

Q: Do you have any obsessions? What are they?
         One wall of my closet is shoes. I have to have shoes and lots of them. After all they must match every outfit. LOL now that I think about it my purses match my shoes too. Ohh I have two obsessions.

Q: Is there anything you’re currently working on that you can give us a taste of?
          Yeah, I’m writing a BDSM right now. But the characters seem to like playing jokes on each other instead of being serious and getting down to business. The way it’s looking this book may be spanking funny.

Q: When creating your characters, do you have models in mind or are they totally fictional?
          They are usually totally fictional.  Sometimes it’s someone I may have passed on the street.
         
Q: Are you in control of your characters or do they control you?
          My characters… they so have their way with me and if I try to exert some sort of control then they stopping talking to me. It’s rather sad.

Q: If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
If you don’t want an answer, don’t ask. I can be brutally blunt.
           

Q: Please tell us where we can find you on the web.
          You can catch me at my website www.flavorfullove.com
I appreciate your having me, this was really fun.

Thanks for popping by and I wish you continued success in your writing career.


Madison Chase has spent Christmas alone for years. It doesn't bother her, it's actually preferential. Duncan Jacobson saw her picture on the company website, now he can't get her off his mind.
When an opportunity presents itself, Duncan portrays himself as the company's internal auditor with the directive of shutting down the mall Madison manages. Madison can't let that happen. In an effort to save her job and those of her friends she agrees to Duncan's outrageous holiday offer...The question then becomes.
If you were blackmailed by a man you actually wanted... would it be blackmail?
This excerpt has an R rating.
There were three women in the office, two were arguing. The one that claimed his attention was standing on a chair in one hell of a Mrs. Claus costume. The sexy woman with the caramel skin had on white thigh high boots with heels so high she teetered back and forth. Her fingers pale at their joints where she held on to one woman’s shoulder so tight. A short red satin skirt with white fur trim, which shifted with her every move, exposed a hint of purple fabric underneath. An older woman was valiantly trying to pull the skirt lower.

Between the length of the boots and shortness of the skirt, Mrs. Claus’s legs appeared to be miles long. His cock jerked, he was on the losing end of the battle with himself. The red satin corset top, hooked in the front made her breast look as if they were about to spill over. The little red jacket she was trying to button over those impressive mounds refused to meet in the middle.

His collar was damp. Duncan loosened his tie and tilted his head trying to get a good look at her face. Some of the hair, haphazardly piled on her head, fell over her features as slim fingers tugged trying once again to get the buttons to close over those bountiful breasts.

No wonder Santa tried to get his deliveries finished in one night. Hell, if he had a woman with a body like that waiting at home, the populace would be present free. He’d say fuck the ride around the world altogether.

The other two women continued to argue, as one held to the bottom of the satin skirt. Duncan chastised himself to get it together and pulled the door open. The three women froze. The older woman that held the miniscule skirt in her grip attempted a smile.
“May I help you?”
“Yes, actually you can. I’m early but I have an appointment for eleven with a Ms. Chase.” He couldn’t be sure but he thought he heard - oh shit. He watched, amused as the woman on the chair scrambled to get down.

“Hi Mr. – Ah… Sorry, I didn’t hear your name.” Mrs. Clause pushed past the two other women with her hand out-stretched.

“Hello. My name is Mr. Ja-James. Duncan James. I’m here to do the internal audit Ms…Are you Ms. Chase?” He left it open for her to fill in the blanks as he took her hand he was enveloped by the soft musk of her perfume. Duncan looked up from her hand to her face. His gut constricted so tight he glanced down to make sure his stomach was where it should be. Her picture did her no justice. The woman was striking with clear brown eyes surrounded by long, thick, black lashes. Her full lips were stained dark red; the color reminded him of pomegranates. They stretched into a smile.

“Yes, I’m Ms. Chase, the manager. I apologize for my lack of professional clothing. I’m trying to avert a minor disaster.” Madison swallowed and pumped his hand but there was a fine sheen of sweat forming across her forehead.

“No need to be sorry as I said earlier I’m early. I’d be happy to wait if you have something more pressing.” She tugged her hand but he didn’t immediately let go. Her scent and soft touch wrapped around him.

“No. No. This meeting is extremely important if you can just give me a moment to change. Blanche will show you to my office and get you a--… some coffee perhaps?” She nodded her head in the direction of the older woman.

Duncan watched as she turned, he assumed, in the direction of the private bathroom. With every step the tiny skirt stretched and bounced across her backside. He could just make out the hint of purple he saw earlier. Her ass was covered in the color, and he got to see an enticing bit of it with her every stride.
Ribbons hung down from the corset ties gently tapping her behind with every sway. He groaned.

“Mr. James. Are you all right? Do you need anything?”

http://passioninprint.com/index.php

No comments:

New Book Review: The Best Life Book Club by Sheila Roberts

  The Best Life Book Club Sheila Roberts Mira Books Release date: May 7th, 2024 Available at Amazon Add to Your Goodreads My Rating for The ...