Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Welcome Gabrielle Bisset Today

Before I begin, let me say I love the usual suspects in paranormal.  I’ll read a delicious vampire romance any day, and shifters and all the other citizens of the paranormal world have a huge fan in me.  It’s because of my love of those beings that I wanted to write paranormal romance.

When I began to write romance, it had been after years of writing paranormal fiction.  I’d read romance since I was a teenager, and one night after a dream, the idea of a race of people called Aeveren came to life.  From that first dream came the idea of destined ones, an important part of my new novel, Destiny Redeemed. 

Aeveren are descended from humans but blessed by the Archangel Raziel with the gifts of reincarnation, powers beyond what humans possess, and destined ones, fellow Aeveren they are drawn to across distance and time.  When an Aeveren is given a destined one, that person is their soul mate until one of them moves on after their fiftieth lifetime.  Each lifetime the two destined ones return to together, they are called to one another through their Aeveren biology. 

In Destiny Redeemed, the hero, Amon, has had three destined ones because he’s an ancient Aeveren in his forty-seventh lifetime. Amon is a rare and powerful Aeveren because he was born with his ability to manipulate time in his first lifetime thousands of years ago.  He’s used his power for his own pleasure for ages, and even lost his last destined one when she refused to stay with him because of his behavior.  The heroine in the story, Thea, is in her forty-fifth lifetime, but because she’s a healer for their race and expected to devote herself to her fellow Aeveren, she’s never been blessed with a destined one.

The fact that my characters are drawn to one another doesn’t mean they don’t have to overcome obstacles to be with one another, though. Just as with humans, being meant for someone rarely means the course of love runs smoothly, to paraphrase Shakespeare.

Here’s the blurb to give you a taste of Destiny Redeemed:

Sentenced to spend the rest of his three remaining lifetimes in Nil, Amon Kalins is freed with the help of his Sidhe servant, Gethen, but now he must accept his life is never to be his again as the Council won't rest until he's safely back imprisoned within Nil's cold walls. Broken and nearly dead from his time in prison, Amon is saved by an Aeveren healer named Althea Forester. As a healer, Thea has served her people for forty-five lifetimes, never having a destined one and always knowing each lifetime would ultimately end with her alone. But destiny hasn't forgotten her.

Drawn to the seductive Amon, Thea quickly becomes a pawn the Council uses to trap him. Taken prisoner by the sadistic leader of the rebel group, the Soren, Thea must survive the vicious world of the people hell-bent on taking her destined one away forever, and Amon must risk everything dear to him to free her from those who would sacrifice her to claim the bigger prize and return him to Nil.

In many ways, my Aeveren characters are very much like other paranormals.  Like vampires, they have seen many years of life on Earth.  Like fae and shifters, they have powers beyond what humans possess. But like others in the paranormal romance world, it’s how human they are in love that connects the paranormal and the romance.

Thanks, Dawn, for having me at your blog today. Readers can find Destiny Redeemed at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and All Romance eBooks.

And readers can find me all over at my blog, my website, my Facebook page, and on Twitter.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for having me at your blog today, Dawn!

Natasha Blackthorne said...

Your characters are so fascinating. Thank you for sharing a deeper perspective on their unique nature.

Anonymous said...

I really LOVE the sound of this book; great plot idea! I cant wait to read it.

Wishing you great Sales!

Hugs, Kari Thomas, www.authorkari.com

Discover The Brotherhood Vol. 1 by Willa Okati Today!

  Title :  The Brotherhood Vol. 1 Author : Willa Okati Publisher : Changeling Press Release Date : May 2, 2024 Heat Level : 4 - Lots o...