Saturday, January 2, 2010

Meet Author Selena Illyria




How did you start your writing career?


SI: I started my career writing soap opera fan fic. With some encouragement I started more original work which led to subbing a story to an epub which got rejected. From there I just kept writing.

Tell us about your favorite character from your books.

SI: I have to pick a favorite? That’s gonna be hard and the other characters aren’t going to like that. LOL. Um, I had have to say some of my favorite characters are ones that make an indelible impression on me. They just leave fingerprints so to speak that effect me on an emotional level. They either make me feel their pain with them or their joy.

Tell us about your current/upcoming release.

SI: My upcoming release is another Dawg Town story, which looks into the relationship between Robbie and Kitty who I’d mentioned in Homecoming. They get their story. I also have another contribution to the Love’s Immortal Pantheon Anthology (Vol 3) called Orion’s Star (Tease Publishing LLC). Also, there’s my contribution to the multi-author series Strange Hollow called Seducing a Wallflower (Liquid Silver Books) and the third book in the Blood Claim series Tainted (Loose-Id).

Who are your books published with?

SI: You can find my books at Aspen Mountain Press, Changeling Press, Liquid Silver Books, Loose-Id and Tease Publishing LLC.

What book are you reading now?

SI: Um, let’s see:

In print:

Alex Archer- (Rogue Angel Series) Footprints

Jennifer Armintrout- (Light/Darkworld) Queene of Light

Chris Marie Green- Path of Razors

In eBook:

Sophia Titheniel- (Damon’s) Masked

Mina Carter- (Moonlight & Magic Series)

Stella and Audra Price- (Knossos West Weresnakes)

Diana DeRicci- Watching Her Every Move

Lillian Feisty- Sting of Desire

Lissa Matthews- Pink Buttercream

Cat Marsters- (Empire Series)

Kate Hill- (Mate Marks) Pulse

Lizzie Lynn Lee- (Eve Series)

Ava Rose Johnson- Getting Hers

Kim Knox- Demonic Attraction

Dawn Montgomery- Decadence

Dawn Montgomery- Solar Skies

Cynthia Sax- Dragon Lord’s Mate

Lena Austin- (Majesty Mysteries) Silver Spider

Talya Bosco- Kansas City Shuffle

Cherise Sinclair- (Club Shadowlands Series)

What are your favorite TV shows?

SI: You want me to name them all, cause we’l,l um, be here awhile. Can’t I just do the top five off the top of my head?

Here we go:

Chuck

Supernatural

White Collar

Burn Notice

The Closer

What do you do to unwind and relax?

SI: Read, catch up on all the movies I haven’t seen.

What would we find under your bed?

SI: Why would you look under there? *Blocks Dawn’s view of bed* Nothing to see here. Move on. Ignore the handcuffs and floggers. Yup, nothing to see here. Ignore the bound CB. He’s um just resting, yeah, that’s it. :-p

Beatles or Monkees? Why?

SI: Now Dawn, why would I want to have either Beatles or Monkeys? I don’t like bugs and my cat wouldn’t like me to have a new pet. Ooooh, you mean the bands. Um, well, let’s see Beatles. They’ve just had such a huge effect on music.

Where can readers find you on the web?

SI: Here comes linkage:

Website: http://www.selenaillyria.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/selenaillyria

My Space: www.myspace.com/selenaillyria

Twitter: www.twitter.com/selena_illyria


Coming to Changeling Press (Jan 7th ’10)


Dawg Town: First Snow

Robbie's a prairie dog shifter. Kitty is a Scottish Terrier shifter. They've been friends since infants and lovers since their teens. Unfortunately, when their parents, former best friends, had a fight, Robbie and Kitty became the Romeo and Juliet of Barkus.

They'd been hiding their love affair for years when Kitty decides she's had enough. It's time to put up or move out. Robbie left to tell his parents and has now returned to claim his mate.

Buy Link:

http://www.changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=1308

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn :)
Thank you for introducing me to Selena Illyria.
I enjoyed the interview very much and I'm going to get Dawg Town on the 7th.
Here's to a wonderful 2010!
RKCharron

DawnsReadingNook said...

Hel Selena,

Welcome to my blog and thanks for joining us today. I love the multi-series Dawg Town at Changeling. Will there be more stories from you in this series?

Dawn

Cynthia Sax said...

Awww... you're reading my book? I am so touched (and nervous and a little bit frantic).

Selena knows I'm a big fan of hers. My fave Selena Illyria story is, of course, Reclaimed. Can we say... DRAGON Shifters?! Woo hoo! Hot, steamy dragon men! Yum!

Talya Bosco said...

Selena, you know you're not supposed to take the Cabana Boys HOME. Or if you do, you are supposed to hide them in the dunge--oh, um, never mind. I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm the nice one. I forgot.
I hope you enjoy Kansas City Shuffle. You'll have to let me know what you think of it.

Unknown said...

Hi RK! Thank You! I hope you enjoy it.

Dawn: Yup, yup, even have an idea for a raccoon shifter. Hehehe

Cynthia! *Tackle Hug* Thank You!

Talya! *Tackle Hug* No one told me that! But I didn't take them home, they followed me I swear! I shall. Hugs!

Cherise Sinclair said...

Selena, you promised me one of those cabana boys. I want the big one with black hair, please. If you're getting overrun with CBs, I guess you could send another one too.

And floggers should be hung up neatly in the closet, not under the bed! Bad, bad housekeeper!

As for books, your Homecoming is on my must-gotta-get list. :-) I'm eager to get into the Dawgs series.

Cherise

Beth said...

I've been waiting for Kitty's story. I'm also slowly woking at getting all the Tartans. Love your books.

booklover0226 said...

I enjoyed the interview; it was great.

I look forward in reading your works.

Thanks,
Tracey D

Chris Marie Green said...

Hey!

Great to read about Selena's work! (And I thank her profusely for mentioning my stuff, LOL.) Can't wait to see much more from Selena. : )

Unknown said...

*Blink* *Blink* You can get overrun by CBs? But Cherise, Dawn just showed up and started poking around. Had to hide them somewhere. :-). *Grin*

Hi Beth! Thank you so much!

Thank you Tracey!

Chris! *Huggles* Love your books.

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...